Forums » Elder Scrolls

If you were a god...

• 45 posts
    October 10, 2015 7:14 PM EDT

If you were a god in the Elder Scrolls, what would you be? Would you be a Daedra or an Aedra? What would you be Prince/Divine of? How active would you be in the Affairs of Nirn? If a daedra, how would you manifest yourself? What would be your artifact(s)? Et cetera, et cetera...

• 177 posts
    October 10, 2015 7:31 PM EDT

I would say Daedric prince of partying....but that dumb ol' Sanguine took that title! In light of this...I guess I'll take Daedric prince of Laughter! I know that laughter does not really seem like a Daedric thing, but it would be super duper boring to be a Aedra and do nothing. I would govern over laughter, and making people be less serious, so I would be pretty active. It would be fun to mess with silly mortals anyways! I would manifest, obviously, as anything pink I please! A technicolor pony if possible!

As for artifacts I would a lot of fun there! First off, I would make a item called Laughterpipe. This necklace's pendant would be one of a balloon, and once put on, you can't stop laughing! That would be amusing to watch! Second, I would have a staff called Jokster. When fired, similar to the Wabbajack, it plays a random prank on the target! Finally, I would create a mask called Thalia, it would turn everything the wearer says into a joke.

I would try to maintain good relations with Sheogorath and Sanguine, and when possible, cause some chaos with them! As for my cult, I would attempt to get jesters and similar performers to join, allowing my teachings to spread across Tamriel! They would be required to tell jokes at rituals, put on shows and pull pranks! 

• October 10, 2015 7:45 PM EDT

I wanna be the Daedric Lord of Trolls, because trolls are awesome! I will only meddle in the affairs of Trolls. My manifestation would be a Troll wielding a giant Axe and my artifact would be the Ring of Trolling. It's effect would be +300% Health Regeneration a 500% weakness to fire and -100 speech (meaning the wielder can't even speak)

• 404 posts
    October 10, 2015 7:47 PM EDT

lol

• 641 posts
    October 10, 2015 7:52 PM EDT

Well I sure wouldn't want to be a aedra beacuse that would mean I was dead.

• 95 posts
    October 10, 2015 7:54 PM EDT

Not dead. Just utterly powerless!

• 45 posts
    October 10, 2015 9:25 PM EDT

My initial choice would be exactly what Hermaeus Mora is... but Hermaeus Mora kinda has a monopoly on that one.

So, my second choice would be the Daedric prince of Fjords and Promontories. Now you may be thinking "Gods, that sounds boring as hell," but if you think that, then you are objectively and empirically wrong. Because fjords and promontories rule, you philistine! My artifact would be a little Norwegian flag that, when waved, gives you the feeling that you're gazing upon the gargantuan natural beauty of a fjord, even if you're looking at a hagraven! Think how useful that would be! Seriously. Also, I would take great interest in Nirns affairs and would use my phenomenal cosmic power for good, carving that land into fjords and promontories wherever I see fit.

Feel free to worship me.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    October 10, 2015 10:11 PM EDT

Since people don't know their lore (shame!)...

I, by definition, can't be a Daedra since I'd exist inside Mundus. I, by definition, couldn't be an Aedra since I didn't give up my power to sustain Mundus.

Therefore, I'd achieve CHIM. It's the best option that allows me to retain most of my original "self". For simplicity sake, I'd like to imagine myself as a Nord. Definitely a wizard (why would I be anything else?). I certainly wouldn't attempt what ALMSIVI did and become a living god. My ego would probably pull me there eventually, but it isn't an inherent desire at the moment.

My works would be to defend humanity from the Dominion and certain Daedra and Aedra. Definitely to restore the societies of man, and even the dunmer and khajiit. I'd also probably end up indulging on certain whims and desires best not mentioned here.

• October 10, 2015 11:14 PM EDT

I would be a Daedra, probably influenced by my more than slight misanthropy, Prince of Immortality. I would manifest as a creeping melancholy that devolves into a deep helplessness and reveal myself after engendering ecstasy in the target.

My artifact? The Ring of Persistence, granting the user youth for long as they kill a loved one every X amount of years.

• 411 posts
    October 11, 2015 12:00 AM EDT

I would Be the Daedric Prince of the Dead. I would Only Meddle in the Effects of the Dead Undead and Those who Seek Death. i would Manifest myself as a  Giant Rotting horned zombie wearing Daedric Armor and a Crown of Bones  and My Artifact would be a Greatsword Made with the Handle of a Skeleton arm and the Blade made of Ebony.

• T
    • 32 posts
    October 11, 2015 5:22 AM EDT

Your followers would probably all be killed by very fjord-looking hagravens.

• 45 posts
    October 11, 2015 11:35 AM EDT
    Well, it doesn't make them THINK that they are looking at a fjord; it just gives them the feeling that they would feel if they were looking at a fjord. They still realize that hags are hags. Although, I am now realizing how that could be a problem... Oh well, all religions require their followers to do weird stuff.
    • 45 posts
    October 11, 2015 11:36 AM EDT
    So basically the opposite of Meridia?
  • October 14, 2015 8:29 AM EDT

I would be the Daedric Prince of Control and Manipulation. I would bend the paths of mortals to my whims, create heroes and build villains. All for the sake of my amusement.