Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favorite Characters: what never gets old for you?

• 700 posts
    October 8, 2015 6:34 PM EDT

That old man must be able to run fast or have a fantastically large magicka pool to cast Invisibility right after, because someone noticed that.  

• 700 posts
    October 8, 2015 6:39 PM EDT

To anyone who has said "Nightblade" - what is a Nightblade?  Is it just a character that uses sneak and a blade?  Can it be two-handed?  Or a mace/axe?  I have no idea, but it seems popular.  

• 177 posts
    October 8, 2015 6:42 PM EDT

Oooo, interesting question! Weeeeell, if we're talking about Skyrim in particular I can't keep myself away from AoE mages! There is just something about, BOOM BOOM BOOM, and everyone's dead that makes me smile! In general gaming, I prefer guerrilla style fighters, sneaking and then UNLEASH HELL! In Skyrim my favorite perks are the fire enhancing ones (can't remember their names), they make my favorite type of damage super duper better! My favorite character was a khajiit fire mage, my 3rd character actually. She was a completely insane devotee of Sheogorath with fireball spells and the Wabbajack...hilarity ensued! I'm too lazy to look for a picture of her, so here's Pinkie as a wizard. 

• 641 posts
    October 8, 2015 7:38 PM EDT

Nightblades are magic using assassins, usually they use illusion, sneak and daggers. 

• 24 posts
    October 8, 2015 8:34 PM EDT
    Alteration too: detect spells, telekinesis, and paralysis go along fantastically with Nightblades. Two-handed would be difficult to pull off unless you only save it for open combat.
  • October 8, 2015 9:07 PM EDT

man fuck alteration, it's ridiculous that Detect Dead eats up so much friggin magicka! D:<

• 700 posts
    October 8, 2015 9:37 PM EDT

Is there leeway in that?  Could Nightblade use a mace, or would they then have to be called Night...hammers?  I figure as long as it's an assassin who uses magic and a weapon, then it's fine.  Right?

• 24 posts
    October 8, 2015 9:38 PM EDT
    Nah man, you can make any spells cost way less with enchanting fortifications on your necklace, rings, and armor. Heck, you can have any two schools of magic cost 0 if you've got 100 enchanting and your willing to give up other types of fortifications.
    • 24 posts
    October 8, 2015 9:56 PM EDT
    I use a mace for open combat and the blade of woe dagger for stealth on my nightblade, so I'd say so. Sometimes I'll use my mace in stealth too, but that tends to make more sound.
    • 288 posts
    October 9, 2015 3:35 AM EDT

Not just "can" - it should be two-handed!

• 700 posts
    October 9, 2015 9:35 AM EDT
    That wolfy fella in the Dark Brotherhood uses a greatsword, right? He also wears the skin-tight rubber suit that many members wear, so I imagine he sneaks too. Or Astrid made him wear it. Point is, maybe he's a Nightblade?
    • 367 posts
    October 10, 2015 4:45 AM EDT

Ok... Here we go!

First off Argonians. That’s all I’ve played except a few rare moments for the sake of screenshots. (Using a face un-locker I have a char for most members of the Companions). I love the background of the Argonian race, and the fact that they aren’t human. TES is a fantasy world so why would I want to be a human in it? And I always play as a male called Sotek. Always.

I always use axes even through Morrowind and Oblivion although Morrowind does include spears which I use as well. The second weapon of choice is a bow. Crossbows while have a fun factor just lack personality.

Factions? Companions... Even when I start a new char it will be an Argonian and he will make a wolf run straight to the Companions. And I ALWAYS play as a werewolf. Never accepts a cure.

Followers? Aela the Huntress. (Sexy as a she-wolf in the hunting grounds a great archer and a werewolf. (Redhead as well))

Every time I play Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind, (And I often play all of them) I play the same way and the same style with the same group.

For those who would like to know more then have a look at my Character profile. This is how I play.

Sotek Loyal Hound To Hircine