Forums » Elder Scrolls

For full-time students or workers, WHEN THE HELL DO YOU PLAY!?

• 1467 posts
    October 11, 2015 8:28 PM EDT
    During the week I can fit about 4 hours in. I don't (and can't) sleep more than 5 hours so that might be the reason I fit so much time in.

On weekends when I don't work I tend to play for about 10-14 hours (depends on everything else, can be as limited as 4. But I usually work Saturday and Sunday + Basketball on Sunday, so usually 4 hours a day (That's discounting homework dammit... 2 hours average when I have big assignments due, 0 if I have work durin weekdays)
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    October 11, 2015 9:28 PM EDT

On the weekends, mostly. My studies are always getting in the way, and there are few weeks I'm able to dedicate some time to gaming. The spare time I eventually have during the weeks I  spend it in some kind of sport, watching TV series (they never end!) or stuff like that, reading, sleeping and here in the Vault. Sadly, I don't have that much of spare time, so I tend to relegate much of my recreation to the weekends, filling them completely.

• 47 posts
    October 12, 2015 5:32 AM EDT

Whenever I can

• 32 posts
    October 12, 2015 11:05 AM EDT

I thought I was the only one feeling guilty about not playing Skyrim, ergo posting here. I recently joined my MBA and it has been hectic! Never time to play, and yeah if you're gonna play skyrim, you need at least 4 hours per session (imo anyway), and that's available only on weekends, if you're not planning to go out. I rarely spend time here on the site too, and I really do feel angry that it's been taken away from me. Currently, I am on a self-imposed break after term end exams, and boy am I playing the shit out of it. Feeling triumphant, well at least till I decide to go back to college again.

Anyway thanks for the post. While I may have not directly answered the question (that's because I'm looking for the answer too), feels good to know there are people struggling to maintain work-life-game balance!

• 47 posts
    October 12, 2015 9:25 PM EDT
    I don't have time anymore :( I work 7 am-430 pm 5 days/week, grade papers and make lesson plans outside of those hours, and spend a few hours a week on grad classes.

There really isn't any time, even though id love to make a char again.
    • 26 posts
    October 13, 2015 3:38 AM EDT

Are you kidding me?! I'm a full time science student, a competitive athlete, work and write for a magazine. I play Skyrim whenever I have 2 and a half minutes spare to do so haha

7 hours? Jesus, that sounds amazing...

• 12 posts
    October 13, 2015 12:11 PM EDT

I have high school, and that alone keeps me busy with extracurriculars, so I barely get a half hour a day. Also, my parents don't really approve of games, so it makes it that much harder to get any time in.

• October 14, 2015 8:00 AM EDT

Idunno. Magic? I'll be hard pressed to find the energy to do anything after 12-hour night shifts. XD

• October 14, 2015 8:13 AM EDT

I am disappoint! How can you people make builds and stuff with so little time to actually play!? D:  YOU PEOPLE NEED TO GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT! Here are some tips:

Sacrifice and hour of sleep, break up with your significant other(or stop looking for one), use the barter system to sell your children to a traveling merchant in exchange for... idk maybe a cow and 4 chickens...

Honestly I'd go nuts if I had so little playtime, first thing I make women I date aware of is that I play and remind them that I'm pausing my games to reply or talk to them. I can't play any rpg for just an hour.. that's... that's crazy talk...