Forums » Elder Scrolls

Least Favourite God In Elder Scrolls

• 1595 posts
    December 18, 2015 5:04 PM EST

Yeah that stands to reason. Yet we have only got that small sentence in the PGE and an oog post on the subject to interpret. It seems to me that most people now see the pacification of Summerset as some sort of Tamrielic equivalent of the bombing of Hiroshima.

Again, not saying that interpretation is incorrect or that folks don't have the right to draw it. Never that.

Yet whatever happened in that battle the result was a period of peace and an Empire of multiculturalism unseen since, well, ever.  

• 393 posts
    December 18, 2015 5:15 PM EST

Maybe it's just my inner Thalmor talking, but I have a feeling that any human empire is not really a manifestation of a greater good, quite the opposite.

I'm not sure about what people think of that battle, but I guess it was pretty harsh anyway, maybe not like Hiroshima, but still.

• 41 posts
    December 22, 2015 11:11 PM EST
    Tall Papa, because nobody cares.
    • 1217 posts
    December 22, 2015 11:15 PM EST

I love it when they call me Tall Paapa...

dammit, sorry. Won't happen again.

• 490 posts
    December 22, 2015 11:21 PM EST

• 558 posts
    December 22, 2015 11:22 PM EST

I usually get called God of Worms, but that must just be me.

Please let it happen again.

• 367 posts
    December 22, 2015 11:38 PM EST

So the Hunting grounds is all wolf bowl half empty?

Far from it. You get to hunt each day alongside your mate. It matters not to Hircine if you are the prey or the predator. I’m no one’s prey. You come after me and you will learn caution. Fangs dripping with saliva and claws razor sharp.

The Hunting grounds is Hircine’s kingdom and we are its hounds.

Molag Ball.... He’s the enemy. Rapist bastard who knows not the glory of life or balance. His cowardly undead creations scuttle about hiding in the darkest reaches of a dead castle telling each other how glorious they are to be lions. HA!!!

Plains... Full moon... I’ll happily show you what it is to be a true creature of the night... A true predator... A Hound Of The Hunting Grounds...

• December 22, 2015 11:43 PM EST

You should visit the lore group sometime.

• 411 posts
    December 22, 2015 11:54 PM EST

Molag Dominates Hircine.

• 367 posts
    December 23, 2015 1:48 AM EST

Not while Aela and I am on duty. Grrrrrrrrrr

Big Fangs never tire....

• 273 posts
    December 23, 2015 8:03 AM EST

Do you forget that Sithis is a representation of Lorkhan? Lorkhan created man, should he not have the freedom to take away his gift of life?

• 273 posts
    December 23, 2015 8:05 AM EST

*Remains silent*

• 273 posts
    December 23, 2015 8:05 AM EST

A tie between Arkay, Mara, Dibella and Julianos  for the simple reason that they do NOTHING 

• 321 posts
    December 23, 2015 8:23 AM EST

I'm siding with the Dominion on this one...it's Talos.

The guy had an AFFAIR with Barenziah and he still gets to be a Divine.

Seriously,all you have to do is be a great general,possess the Thu'um and secretly bang a Dunmer and you become a God.

Wow..thats just wow.

• 43 posts
    December 23, 2015 11:52 AM EST
    I kinda have respect for the guy. He did all kinds of sinful shit and he still became a god. That is amazing.
    • 393 posts
    December 23, 2015 11:57 AM EST

He most likely became exactly the same sort of god as he was a man, and that's why I think that the worship of him was banned justly.

• 1595 posts
    December 23, 2015 3:58 PM EST

I reject that. On one side of the Aurbical ying yang we have a descending scale of Anuic principles starting with Anu, then Anuiel then Auriel. On the other and on the same respective gradient we have Padomay, Sithis and Lorkhan.

Sithis is a force of change, an urge that the Redguard myths call a hunger. Lorkhan is an agent of change and the creator of all life, as you say.

Sithis cannot be a representation of Lorkhan in the same way that Anuiel cannot be a representation of Auriel - they are Lorkhan's and Auriel's supergradients.

The other way round is more likely seeing as how Anuiel "created" Auriel, the soul of his soul so that he may know himself as Anu did with Anuiel. Sithis begot Lorkhan for the same reason.

So it may be more accurate to say Lorkhan is a representation of Sithis which is change.