Forums » Elder Scrolls

Least Favourite God In Elder Scrolls

• 641 posts
    October 7, 2015 3:01 PM EDT

There has been many a thread on people's favourite Aedra and Daedra and on what gods they would worship if they lived in the Elder Scrolls. But today I'm asking the opposite:

What Is Your Least Favourite God In Elder Scrolls And Why?

Also if you lived in Elder Scrolls universe would there be any gods that you would consider an "enemy" Either beacuse of the god you would worship or just beacuse of general dislike.

• 1483 posts
    October 7, 2015 3:12 PM EDT

That's easy, Talos  As for the second question, Mehrunes Dagon is probably the most obvious 

• 641 posts
    October 7, 2015 3:27 PM EDT

Great first answer 

• 1595 posts
    October 7, 2015 3:30 PM EDT

Sithis in its depiction as a god of death with a personality and all that stuff. I can't describe my intense dislike of that DB horseshit. Molag Bal is probably a close second.

• 48 posts
    October 7, 2015 4:09 PM EDT
    preyite With namira a close second as for most hated sithis he is not a god he not even real. A crazy woman just killed her kids and she couldn't deal with the fact she did it for no reason so she made up a god.
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    October 7, 2015 4:33 PM EDT

Arkay. Zenithar. Stendar. Mara. Boring. As. F*ck.

Vaermina, Meridia, Namira. Uninteresting.

Talos is just plain annoying, but mostly because of the fanatics and detractors.

I wouldn't worship any of the jerks, listed and not. If they're my enemy for being jerks and conflicting with my own ethos, then so be it.

• 1441 posts
    October 7, 2015 4:39 PM EDT

How are four boring?

• 295 posts
    October 7, 2015 5:11 PM EDT

The Brothers awful; Molag Bal and Mehrunes Dagon. Those two have done some pretty nasty stuff to Nirn between the two of them. 

• 98 posts
    October 7, 2015 5:33 PM EDT

Peryite probably.

• 207 posts
    October 7, 2015 5:43 PM EDT

Molag Bal. Anwser to both questions. He is the god of rape and I find it really disturbing.

• 177 posts
    October 7, 2015 5:49 PM EDT

Hmmm, there are lotsof messed up deities in ELder Scrolls that reeeealy bother me, but I would say it ends up a toss up between Molag Bal and Talos. Molag Bal is the god of rape and...I don't think I even to explain why he unnerves and disturbs me so much. As for Talos, he isn't even a god and his prime achievements in life are taking away others lands and killing large amount of people....not a nice guy at all!

• 1441 posts
    October 7, 2015 5:58 PM EDT

Well, he may have become one, due to fusing with two other guys, one beign his personal battlemage, and te avatar of Lorkhan, though thats one story

• 5 posts
    October 7, 2015 6:06 PM EDT
    Um, idk who told you that but sit his is real... He Is the creator of most Aedra..
    • 177 posts
    October 7, 2015 6:07 PM EDT

You do have a point Chris, but we have no idea of knowing for sure. And god or not....he's still a meanie.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    October 7, 2015 6:18 PM EDT

His shrines giving blessings, we collecting his blood during Oblivion because we needed the blood of a god to complete a ritual during the Main Quest in the game and all that are indications that he is indeed a god.

[EDIT] The quest.

• October 7, 2015 6:25 PM EDT

Talos, because he's as not real.

• 177 posts
    October 7, 2015 6:28 PM EDT

• 177 posts
    October 7, 2015 6:29 PM EDT

Um, I agree with you, but isn't that a little...offensive?

• 641 posts
    October 7, 2015 6:31 PM EDT

Well to be fair the Dunmer Saints shrines give blessings also and they aren't gods 

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    October 7, 2015 6:35 PM EDT

I don't know... Likely Namira. She's pretty boring, and also cannibalism. And I, as others, dislike the aspects or sometimes entirely dislike some gods, like Molag Bal and his rape things.

I wonder how much of the hatred Talos gets is due to his followers and supporters attitude and how much is actual dislike.

• 641 posts
    October 7, 2015 6:36 PM EDT

Sorry Runs but Pinkie is right. Whether you meant to or not some people could take that as offensive so I have edited your comment just to keep the peace.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    October 7, 2015 6:38 PM EDT

Hm, true. We still have the Oblivion quest, though.

• 1441 posts
    October 7, 2015 6:39 PM EDT

True, heś killed masses of not soldiers in a time of war, but innocent civilians with a time altering god robot. 

• 40 posts
    October 7, 2015 6:56 PM EDT

100% agree. Molag Bal in particular really disturbed me when I finally read his lore. No thank you!

• 95 posts
    October 7, 2015 7:04 PM EDT
    Talos. I'm an Altmer at heart, so there's that.
    Plus, his "crowning" achievement in life was destroying the lives of everyone else in a time of peace using a giant death machine that was powered by the heart of a god. Hardly a fair fight.
    I see Talos as Lorkhan's successor; a Trickster God.