Forums » The Lounge

Relocate Anywhere: are you calling the movers or not?

• 694 posts
    October 4, 2015 11:16 PM EDT

Moving can be both simultaneously awful and exciting. Aside from packing things into boxes, leaving someplace you called home behind, and meeting new people... the notion of picking up and relocating can hold promise, adventure, and excitement.

So tell me, if you could relocate anywhere in the world (if money and logistics weren't factors) would you? And if so where would it be and why?

If you wouldn't move, then tell me what it is about where you live now that makes it so great and why you would stay. If you can, give me at least one reason that isn't connected to friends, family, job, etc..

PS: If you you say Nirn, Tamriel, or anywhere else in the TES world then you can expect my response to be a resounding: 

• 411 posts
    October 4, 2015 11:31 PM EDT

The Shivering Isles cause its not the same world as Nirn!

• 95 posts
    October 4, 2015 11:32 PM EDT
    The Lucky 38!
    You didn't say anything about Fallout locations!
    • 694 posts
    October 4, 2015 11:37 PM EDT

You two!  & 

What about on Earth??

• 95 posts
    October 4, 2015 11:39 PM EDT
    The Lucky 38 IS on Earth.

... just not our Earth.
    • 411 posts
    October 4, 2015 11:41 PM EDT

Screw Earth i would Rather live in the Aurbis! 

• 95 posts
    October 4, 2015 11:43 PM EDT
    Ugh. Fine.
    Either Ocala, Florida (where my grandfather lives. I love it in Florida.) or Boston, Mass.
    Or Scotland.
    Ocala because I love humidity (I'm weird) and Boston because I love the history and just the city itself.
    Scotland is just cool, plus I'm of Scottish descent.
    • 404 posts
    October 4, 2015 11:45 PM EDT

that's funny, I finished moving my Pygmy goats today and you posted this.

• 627 posts
    October 4, 2015 11:47 PM EDT

So I wouldn't move. And now for a reason that isn't connected to connected to friends, family, job, etc..

I'm lazy as fuck and moving requires effort 

• 694 posts
    October 4, 2015 11:54 PM EDT

Oooo! So when I looked up Ocala, I was surprised when I found out that it wasn't even along a coast. I assumed it would be. That's cool though!

Boston is an awesome city. I went for work last summer and had a really great time! I've never been to Scotland, but I hear wonderful things. 

Good picks!

• 694 posts
    October 4, 2015 11:57 PM EDT

Moving is really awful. No joke. I hate packing even more than I hate unpacking... it's a TON of effort. That's why I sorta couched this as having movers and logistics taken care of. If it required much less effort, would you ever consider it?

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    October 4, 2015 11:58 PM EDT

I'm not thrilled with my current location.

But to move to another location would be really annoying. I don't want to learn another language. I hate my own countrymen, but I probably wouldn't like anyone else.

Uhm....

....hrm...

I'm lazy.

• 627 posts
    October 4, 2015 11:59 PM EDT

Well I'm going to have to eventually, my parents aren't going to let me stay here forever 

• 694 posts
    October 5, 2015 12:09 AM EDT

Hah!   Ok fair. I hope when you do move eventually you get movers though. Because I mean really-- fuck the Haul Boxes Olympics.

• 694 posts
    October 5, 2015 12:19 AM EDT

I accept this. Moving is a bitch. But I guess I'd like to think it could be worth it. I think possibility and risk outweigh a lame known alternative.

• October 5, 2015 12:35 AM EDT
    Somewhere colder and greener than Southern California. Washington, Montana, Michigan, the UK, Scandinavia, Skyrim, High Rock, Westeros, etc.

I'm basically a Nord physically (Telvanni Dunmer mentally, both emotionally), so I love the cold and dry and despise heat and humidity. Dry heat is okay though. I also love nature, which we hardly have in So-Cal.
    • 457 posts
    October 5, 2015 2:02 AM EDT
    Central Califirnia ain't no picnic either... wouldn't mind living in Idaho, Oregon, or Montana.

In fact I'll probably do that someday, but for now, I've got family here, and the kids are all connected. Perhaps when I retire (though I'm sure I'll be dead long before THAT ever happens xD)
    • 203 posts
    October 5, 2015 3:12 AM EDT

I would definitively move, I find city life to be somewhat suffocating, and for those that are unaware of it: The Netherlands are basicly a huge cluster of cities (Randstad) and the rest is suburbs and agricultural production areas. So yeah, not so pleased around here.

I used to live in the southern France, and I wouldn't mind moving back there, Scandinavia, Ireland, Scotland, or perhaps even South Africa or the States could be interesting alternatives.

But even though I don't like the environment I made a lot of good friends here and it would be a shame to put that many kilometers between us.

• 288 posts
    October 5, 2015 7:25 AM EDT

Movers are an element of the rotten Western capitalist culture. We, in Eastern Europe, proudly move our stuff ourselves (with help from friends, of course).

Now to the point - no, I wouldn't move anywhere, because I'm conservative, I hate changes and I'm lazy.

• 649 posts
    October 5, 2015 7:34 AM EDT

I´m with you, European two handed brother! The Europeans were given two hands and we use them to move our stuff on our own - with help of other two handed friends.

• 288 posts
    October 5, 2015 7:42 AM EDT

Aye, only weak milk-drinkers use movers

• 1217 posts
    October 5, 2015 8:53 AM EDT

Back to Texas. I'm pretty tired of mountains, and winter. Texas is my homeland, and where I hope to end up. Just not too close to the parents XD

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    October 5, 2015 12:58 PM EDT

(You can skip my rambling) Hell yeah I would. Out of Brazil. Better: Out of South America. I just can't stand the mentality, the policies and ideologies that have taken over the whole continent. And I fear if they decide to start enforcing it, blocking opposite opinions like they already do in a certain country neighbour to us and with a leadership extremely close to us diplomatically. Thankfully there are some people standing up to this, and are making a difference. (Besides the economic crisis being, painfully, a huge help to open the eyes of our people). (End of my rambling)

Anyway, where? I only speak English and Portuguese, though I can get around with Spanish (it's similar to Portuguese) and I know some basic French (Still working on that one). But disregarding that, I'd likely go to U.S, Switzerland, Norway [EDIT: I forgot about Finland and Sweden], Canada or Germany. Australia is sadly off limits, 'cause spiders.