Forums » Elder Scrolls

This setting is awesome!

• 177 posts
    September 30, 2015 7:12 PM EDT

Hey there everypony/one! I recently got back together with my old D&D group, and I thought of a question. I wonder what everyone's favorite tabletop RPG setting is? Myself I have two settings that I think are super duper awesome! First I love Forgotten Realms, ever since I got addicted to the Drizzt books, it seems like such a fun and lively world! Next is a setting me and my friends homebrewed up, Equestria! It lets us take our OC's and other characters though adventures in the rather interesting world of our favorite TV show, and we put a lot of work into it! So now your turn to answer....

What is your favorite tabletop RPG setting?

• 404 posts
    September 30, 2015 7:46 PM EDT

I been thinking on trying it sometime, I been playing a Argonian based on the Dragonborn race from D&D and he was going to be a fighter mage but ending up being a Barbarian-mage since he is enjoying using 2handed weapons and having both types of armor on.

• 1441 posts
    September 30, 2015 8:27 PM EDT
    Well, were playing Paranoia last year, I touched a glowing orb, and we got sucked into the 40K verse, and exterminatused.
    • 177 posts
    September 30, 2015 8:31 PM EDT

Never go within five feet of any member of the Imperium if you have even the slightest hint of heresy, or exterminatus is inevitable! 

• 1217 posts
    September 30, 2015 8:37 PM EDT

Only played 2 myself; a basic D&D setting that we barely got to know, and more recently, the Edge of the Empire Star Wars style. Dunno if that counts as a setting, though, I'm pretty inexperienced with tabletop RPG.

• 177 posts
    September 30, 2015 8:41 PM EDT

Oooo, I've heard my friends talk about Edge of the Empire before, it sounds super duper cool! ( And I yes I certainly wertinly count that as a setting!)

• 1217 posts
    September 30, 2015 8:45 PM EDT

We played it for most of the summer and it was a blast.

• 1441 posts
    September 30, 2015 11:10 PM EDT
    It was a Commisar, and two Ultramarines
    • 177 posts
    September 30, 2015 11:16 PM EDT

A Commisar and two Ultramarines?! Wow! You must have had a ton of heresy to warrant that level of exterminatus!

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    September 30, 2015 11:34 PM EDT

I know nothing of 40K lore, and I'm in a Black Crusade campaign.

I have know idea how I'm still alive.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    September 30, 2015 11:41 PM EDT

It certainly has a strange mechanic, but my group got used to it within an hour. I think it's fun and just wish I could play it more.

My buddy ran an official campaign, I think. It was the jewelry heist and everyone was working for Jabba the Hutt for whatever reason. We had a Gand assassin/bounty hunter who was exiled under pain of death for political reasons, my Jedi Sentinel who's being blackmailed by Jabba and forced to work for him else risk his existence being known to the Imperials, and a medical droid that belongs to the Jedi Order and serves me because I'm the only Jedi he's come across in decades.

• 1217 posts
    October 1, 2015 12:18 AM EDT
    Nice. Our party's a Togruta squadron commander hiding her ties to the rebellion, an ailing clone soldier with a drug problem, my soldier-turned bounty hunter, and a human experiment who escaped an Imperial facility and discovered his force sensitivity.

I definitely wish we could play more, too. It's really been a lot of fun.
    • 177 posts
    October 1, 2015 5:31 PM EDT

Huh, both of your parties sound really interesting! I may give the game a whirl when I have any free time!

• 641 posts
    October 1, 2015 5:43 PM EDT

I've never played an RPG before but if they ever get round to making that Malazan one I would be all over it.

Also Numenera looks super cool.

• 177 posts
    October 1, 2015 5:50 PM EDT

I would really  recommend picking one up, they are really fun! And Numenera is pretty great, I had a great time when I played it for a little bit! I also really like the sound of a Malazan RPG, that would be awsooome!

• 641 posts
    October 1, 2015 5:57 PM EDT

Problem is I would have noone to play with, none of my friends are as geeky as me :P

• 1441 posts
    October 1, 2015 6:10 PM EDT
    No, we ended up on the ship right I front of the,, I should have pleaded I. The name of the God Emperor we had committed no heresy
    • 1441 posts
    October 1, 2015 6:12 PM EDT
    I've also been thinking of doing an MLP one
    • 177 posts
    October 1, 2015 6:24 PM EDT

As I said, I DM'ed and played in a homebrewed Equestria setting, and it was great! There is just something about playing as your OC (Or even just some pony character you made for the campaign) in D&D that is so awesome!