Forums » Elder Scrolls

Who Do You Think Will Win The Three Banners War?

• 641 posts
    September 25, 2015 10:31 AM EDT

So we all know it doesn't really matter who ends up winning the Three Banners War since in a couple of hundred years Tiber Septim will seize the throne and go on to conquer everything. But where is the fun in that? So let's speculate, who do you think will win the war?

This is NOT about who your favourite races or alliances are but who you genuinely think would win the war. List out all the pros and cons for each alliance and sum up why you think they would win or why they would lose.

• 649 posts
    September 25, 2015 12:05 PM EDT

Empire...

• 641 posts
    September 25, 2015 12:10 PM EDT

Come dude, don't ignore my first sentence like that 

• 649 posts
    September 25, 2015 12:25 PM EDT

Sorry. But it just makes sense that none of the three factions actually win. Empire will rise from it´s knees and those factions will be fractured, so there will be no winner. And I´m not talking about Talos in couple of hundred years, I talk in couple of years. Decade max.

Plus mark my words, Akaviri will actually make their entrance and kick everyone´s asses. That´s what I think.

If you asked: "Who do you want to win?" I would say Aldmeri Dominion. Note that during the time of second Dominion, the Tamriel was divided between Empire and Aldmeri.

So if you count that only one faction of three remained intact, than Dominion won.

• 649 posts
    September 25, 2015 12:32 PM EDT

Yayx I somehow switched first and second Aldmeri Dominion. 2nd was like 300 hundred years later, right?

In that case, every faction will collapse and Empire will rally and headbutt everyone. Maybe with Akaviri help

• 641 posts
    September 25, 2015 12:43 PM EDT

You really think that Cyrodiil can pull it's ass out of the fire and and from under Tharn Rule in that short of time? I just don't see it. Also by the time Septim comes around their is no Empire at all so something must go very wrong by then. Anyway so who do you think is the biggest contender out of the three alliances? And like I say, list your pros and cons.

• 649 posts
    September 25, 2015 2:26 PM EDT

I really do think that they really could pull their heads out of Tharn ass.

But as for the biggest contender. I just believe Aldmeri Dominion. In long term for sure. 

Covenant can´t hold together without Emeric, Pact is already really fragile, all it needs is just one push. If I was in charge of the Dominion I would turn this into advantage. Dispose of Emeric, let Redguards and Bretons fight Orcs, then do the same thing to Pact and let them fight each other. 

Pretty much what Thalmor did in Fourth Era to Empire. It is reasonable and logic step. Divide and conquer. 

• 1441 posts
    September 25, 2015 3:46 PM EDT
    The glorious Daggerfall Covenant!
    • 641 posts
    September 26, 2015 6:04 PM EDT

Any reason why you think so?

• 1441 posts
    September 26, 2015 7:48 PM EDT
    Because they are ruled by he mighty King Emeric, are are comprised of the Bretons, Orcs, and Redguards.
    • 641 posts
    September 29, 2015 5:39 PM EDT

That's not really pros and cons though

• 127 posts
    October 1, 2015 11:00 AM EDT

It's tough to say.  The Aldmeri Dominion has an incredible amount of magical fire-power with the Altmer, and can cover the stealth game rather well to keep things interesting with both the Khajiit and Bosmer.  But the relationship between them doesn't bode well, and though the Aldmeri Banner may fly at the end, it will fall in to even more war as sides are taken to fight against the Altmer.

The guerilla side of the war is dominated by the Ebonheart Pact, where the hit and run tactics of the Argonians, Dunmer and the Nords is perfect for skirmishes, but not so much all out battle.  The Dunmer do make for good mages, and the Nords are strong warriors, but I don't think that the war will be theirs.  They would win the fights, but not the war.

But in pure strength the Daggerfall Covenant has the upper-hand with the naturally magic resistant Bretons and the natural warriors of Orcs and Redguards, and tactically I think they have strongest tactics.  On the battlefront, they would win, but they need to actually get there first and hope they aren't ambushed on the way.

So, in conclusion, I think the Aldmeri Dominion would win, and then an Empire will form to defeat the Altmer.  Or something like that...

• 641 posts
    June 2, 2016 1:24 PM EDT

With more people having played ESO by now this is a good time to bump this.

• 136 posts
    June 2, 2016 1:57 PM EDT

Good call, Veloth!

I personally believe that the AD is the most cohesive alliance, meaning that neither race within the AD have to be persuaded to stay together or to truly believe in the cause for which they fight. In my opinion, this makes the AD the strongest and most likely to succeed. 

With that said, I honestly believe none of the alliances will win Three Banners War. I think the alliances will exhaust themselves of resources prosecuting the war and, most importantly, dealing with threats (which are unique to each alliance) which seek to undermine their common cause. Each alliance quest line deals with some sort of external force (not only Molag Bal, but also other clandestine groups) that causes alliance resources to be shifted from the war to deal with it. I'm sure that one alliance or another will make significant advances in Cyrodiil, but none will sit on the Ruby Throne long enough to be considered "the winner."

Only Reman and Tiber Septim can claim that title.

• 224 posts
    June 5, 2016 7:03 PM EDT

I like the Pact was so cool, imagine, just Nords, Dunmer and Argonians, I played on ESO as Imperial and choose the Pact, I wish  would win the Ebonhearth Pact

• 1441 posts
    June 6, 2016 1:41 AM EDT
    Obviously the Daggerfall Covenant
    • 649 posts
    June 6, 2016 2:42 AM EDT
    No one. Every mmo where factions stand against each other is a game which doesn't have a resolute winner. If anyone wins it's going to be either Empire or Akaviri showing up again.
    • 627 posts
    June 6, 2016 3:03 AM EDT

It's set so far in the past, that any future TES games that reference it will probably make some comment about the winner being lost to time. Much like how the book on the Oblivion crisis avoids specific details. Which is what I think will also happen to the civil war in Skyrim.

• 641 posts
    June 11, 2016 3:33 PM EDT

I think whatever happens the Veiled Heritance will definitely be in charge of the Altmer by the end of it.

• 649 posts
    June 11, 2016 3:43 PM EDT

Am I the only one who thinks that 4E Thalmor are Veiled Heritance? 

• 641 posts
    June 11, 2016 3:47 PM EDT

Yeah I totally do, I imagine the inner circle of 4E Thalmor are the Heritance.

• 261 posts
    June 11, 2016 3:48 PM EDT
    Hadn't considered this, but it makes so much sense I can't see how that's not the case.
    • 649 posts
    June 11, 2016 3:50 PM EDT

Right?

Let´s just hope our local Justiciar doesn´t catch our scent... 

• 393 posts
    June 11, 2016 6:26 PM EDT

There's no data to support either that opinon or the opposite. By the way I've found a text on the IL where a guy from Ayrenn's Thalmor talks just like his 4E comrades)))

Appearances can deceive)