Forums » Elder Scrolls

Possession is 9/10ths awesome: pick an ES item to own.

• 98 posts
    September 23, 2015 9:50 PM EDT

The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal. 

• 627 posts
    September 23, 2015 9:51 PM EDT

Part of the reason my profile pic wears the hat it does, is because I want one myself 

• 694 posts
    September 23, 2015 9:52 PM EDT

Dull old blade can barely cut butter.

That or those Forsworn smiths deserve more credit than they get. 

• 694 posts
    September 23, 2015 9:52 PM EDT

Nailed it.  Rogue, this is what you get if you don't elaborate.

• 700 posts
    September 23, 2015 9:56 PM EDT

I hate that quote.  The guards say it when your enchanting is high.  If your sword is not cutting, it does not need an enchantment.  It needs to be SHARPENED.  Who gave these people swords??

• 404 posts
    September 23, 2015 9:58 PM EDT

I don't know, they probably gotten the leftovers from the war.

• 694 posts
    September 23, 2015 10:02 PM EDT

OK, so my question is--who's responsibility is it to make sure the blades are sharpened? Guards themselves? Jarls' peeps? 

• 694 posts
    September 23, 2015 10:03 PM EDT

Planning a big heist there, Accursed? 

• 700 posts
    September 23, 2015 10:03 PM EDT

Anyone can sharpen a blade to "Fine" quality.  Just sit on the damn grindstone for a few minutes!

• 694 posts
    September 23, 2015 10:04 PM EDT

I like this answer! I hadn't considered a tome. That would be super useful!

• 404 posts
    September 23, 2015 10:07 PM EDT

thanks, just thanking out side the box

• 708 posts
    September 23, 2015 10:34 PM EDT
    King Orgnum's Coffer, yo.
    • 95 posts
    September 23, 2015 10:34 PM EDT

Wha? Nooo. That's ridiculous!

Its a little heist.

• 411 posts
    September 23, 2015 10:39 PM EDT

I was considering King Orgnums Coffer but Becomeing a god is much more interesting 

• September 24, 2015 2:03 AM EDT

Em...Potions of Cure Disease? I can fix cancer!

• 64 posts
    September 24, 2015 3:30 AM EDT
    Flawless Diamon, me be a rich LiBrarian xD
  • September 24, 2015 5:35 AM EDT

The two blades Eltonbrand and Goldbrand, from Morrowind they would both look awesome on a display in my house

• 694 posts
    September 24, 2015 11:24 AM EDT

I'm floored by how well-thought-out (and benevolent!) this answer is. You certainly don't take cause and effect lightly. Not only would the progression in society be jolting, but I'm sure there would be millions of pilgrimages made and, frankly, I could even foresee a war erupting over it at some point if the conditions were right.

The only thing is now that you've firmly talked yourself out of it, you're back at square one! Better pick again. 

• 694 posts
    September 24, 2015 11:26 AM EDT

Another big-hearted answer!!!  I hadn't even thought of that! You guys make me so proud to be a member here sometimes. 

• 203 posts
    September 24, 2015 12:24 PM EDT

I would have loved to find this at the bottom of some dungeon. No end chest, just an altar-like structure with Ysgramor's Soup Spoon. I would probably have spent hours looking for a secret entrance to a shrine of sheogorath though...

• 203 posts
    September 24, 2015 12:34 PM EDT

Well I would start with the most impressive artifact of all: The adventurer's baggage... What, you never heard of it? It's the invisible yet dimension holding bag that heroes have passed on since the Merethic age. You know; the invisible backpack that holds all your items and random crap. Then before I leave Nirn I would just stuff it with all kinds of stuff.

If that's considered cheating I would bring a sappling or a seed of a Hist. In my field of study (I'm a student in plant biology) it would be a huge breakthrough to discover a sentient tree, I would plant the thing in my garden, get a nobel prize before I turn 25 and be generally awesome, also I would start breeding argonians for the fun of it.

Or perhaps a phial of werwolf blood, I would roam the lands (or towns, cities, parcs...) at night, eating wildlife (or sheep, cows, cats...). It would be awesome, I would definitively go eat a few old teachers or something... Oh well I'll figure it out.

However if I were to choose two items (the last two above) I would plant the hist tree, get some sap, buy a pet lizard and feed it to him until he turns into an argonian, give him the werewolf blood and call him Sotek, just for giggles.

• 133 posts
    September 24, 2015 2:47 PM EDT

Dawnbreaker -- for decoration and general awesomeness.

• 39 posts
    September 24, 2015 3:13 PM EDT

Probably Aetherial staff or Mehrune's Razor. Mehrune's Razor because it looks fantastic, and Aetherial Staff because it would be really useful to conjure machines to do whatever the heckles I want.

• 43 posts
    September 24, 2015 3:21 PM EDT

2000 of each race on Tamriel, for pure fun. Just image what would happen if 2000 Orsimer appeared in the middle of London. If this is not allowed then perhaps Auriel's Bow and a supply of blood cursed and sunhallowed arrows so I can set myself up as a leader of a sun worshiping cult or something like that, or just have fun playing around with the sun and confusing scientists.  

• 40 posts
    September 24, 2015 3:52 PM EDT

I would love to get a full set of the Nightingale Armor! It's my favorite armor from the game, and happens to look great on both male and female characters. :) Otherwise I think I'd like a good stock of high quality healing potions. Never know when they'd come in handy or who might need one!