Forums » Fallout

Factions, Old and New

• 1217 posts
    September 22, 2015 2:56 PM EDT

We've already had a number of hints as to new factions in Fallout 4.

• What do you hope to get out of them? And compared to Skyrim's factions?
    • Are there any other factions from lore you can see fitting this setting/story?
    • What other factions would you reasonably expect to see in the Boston wasteland?

Personally, I'm really intrigued by the Minutemen, and the possible Redcoats. There could be a lot of fun characters, storytelling and loot tied to two factions like that. While I'm happy the Brotherhood is involved, I'm really glad that it seems we won't have to join them to use Power Armor!

• 641 posts
    September 22, 2015 5:02 PM EDT

I'm the most interested in the Institute and possibly being able to join a robot resistance or something, I think that would be super cool. I also think it would be cool if their was like a Russian, Chinese or European faction somehow involved. 

• 773 posts
    September 22, 2015 5:52 PM EDT
    Watched the vid (excellent btw) and surprised you didn't mention The Enclave.

I'd be frankly very surprised if they are not in the game...
    • 641 posts
    September 22, 2015 6:12 PM EDT

I completely forgot about those guys but yeah it would be weird if they never made an appearance.

• 1217 posts
    September 22, 2015 6:26 PM EDT

Thanks, Paul! I've heard a lot of people talk about the Enclave being present, and while I certainly wouldn't mind it, I'm having a hard time seeing it work out. I mean, we know their advanced power armor will be in the game, but it's looking like power armor isn't tied as much to factions like in the past.

They've had their teeth kicked in in two games already, so I'm just thinking "How much more can they take?" If they were implemented in a subtler way, like in New Vegas, I can see it happening. But less so as a major faction. I don't want to see them go away forever, though.

• 1217 posts
    September 22, 2015 6:27 PM EDT

Aye, I'm hoping the Railroad mentioned in FO3 is full fledged faction for FO4 (get a load of those f's, though).

• 641 posts
    September 22, 2015 6:29 PM EDT

What if their was a "Rebuilding The Enclave" style mission line?

• 1217 posts
    September 22, 2015 6:35 PM EDT

That'd be interesting an interesting way to include them!

• 641 posts
    September 22, 2015 7:13 PM EDT

Yeah it would be cool to see what direction you could go with them.

• 95 posts
    September 22, 2015 7:29 PM EDT
    I want to see the return of the BoS being a bit asshole-ish. We got that in NV, but I still want to see it on a larger scale.
    As for what I want to get out of them; a reason for joining. Why should I care about the Androids? Oblivion did this better than Skyrim, but I'm sure they will pull off the "why's" sufficiently.
    • 1217 posts
    September 23, 2015 1:35 PM EDT

The trouble is what you would do with them after rebuilding them. Could they go from nothing, to taking over the Commonwealth in one game? Or maybe they could just be repurposed for the better (heh, probably not).

• 1217 posts
    September 23, 2015 1:36 PM EDT

I want to see the return of the BoS being a bit asshole-ish.

Heh, yeah. That's kind of why I like the "Brotherhood Civil War" theory for the story, because we could get both the nobler BoS of FO3, and the classic, xenophobic, hostile BoS of the original games.