Forums » Elder Scrolls

If You Were A Mage What Kind Would You Be?

• 457 posts
    September 22, 2015 1:30 AM EDT

Nice choice! ;D

• 100 posts
    September 22, 2015 1:49 AM EDT
    Heh. 2nd choice'd be Telvanni
    • 134 posts
    September 22, 2015 2:25 AM EDT

Druid... or Cryomancer... choices! Does a cryo-druid count, patrolling Skyrim's snowy forests?

In terms of schools I'd be all over the place, but I'd only used specific types of spell from each - probably the calm, flesh, frost (rune/cloak), atronach and healing ones. Then console-command myself some cool ones like the the spriggan swarm and eject-push, and run around with an army of spiders and atronachs!

Not to say I'd disregard technology - I'd probably hide out in a Dwemer ruin and mess around with rubiks puzzle cubes all day, while whirling around a crossbow...

• T
    • 32 posts
    September 22, 2015 6:08 AM EDT

Conjuration, Illusion, and Mysticism. Coupled with a Dagger and some Enchanting. How scary you could be... 

Appear out of nowhere to slit someone's throat, run away, dissapear, and go back to raise the ones you killed.
    Twist the minds of those who are still alive, making them fight their undead friends; you don't even need Fear because you ARE Fear. Manipulate the mages with Mysticism; sap their mana using absorption, dispell their lights and shields, raise their dead, kill their living. Make them shit their pants.

The synergy Mysticism had with Conjuration and Illusion was unbelievably powerful. :D

• 27 posts
    September 22, 2015 10:01 AM EDT

summoner or a sorcerer just so I can rock up and save the day/ruin the day with minimal effort

• 77 posts
    September 22, 2015 12:06 PM EDT

Pyromancer, there are so many practical applications to summoning flames beyond just the offensive.  Plus it's my favorite way to play Skyrim, and most other RPG's where the ability is available.  So if I was on Nirn and had an aptitude for the arcane I would definitely pursue pyromancy.

• 295 posts
    September 22, 2015 12:29 PM EDT
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic. I'd be a restoration mage, sun spells, wards, healing. Resto is fun stuff.

:)
    • 694 posts
    September 22, 2015 12:38 PM EDT

I have a lot of respect for the Restoration school. Skyrim could use more healers.

Up top, Lissette! 

• 700 posts
    September 22, 2015 12:51 PM EDT
    Primarily restoration with some conjuration on the side. I would need to stay alive to keep helping, and with conjuration, I can not only summon the appropriate elemental ally, but carry a weightless sword with banishing properties.

I might even do well as a healer for the Imperial army.
  • September 22, 2015 2:30 PM EDT

Whatever the Elder Scrolls equivalent of this is: The Master Magician 

• 1483 posts
    September 22, 2015 2:39 PM EDT

Alteration + Illusion. Applications are endless 

• 1483 posts
    September 22, 2015 2:50 PM EDT

That looks like a virus, Phil. I suggest checking your system. DrWeb CureIt is a nice free utility for that: https://www.freedrweb.com/download+cureit+free/?lng=en

• 161 posts
    September 22, 2015 3:20 PM EDT

Shush...... XD 

• 130 posts
    September 22, 2015 7:53 PM EDT
    I would be Magnus. If I had to pick a school of magic though, it would definitely be Mysticism. MARK AND RECALL BABY!
    • 39 posts
    September 23, 2015 6:29 PM EDT
    Necromancer with a bit of destruction in it for damage with heavy armor for daedric armor.
    • 168 posts
    September 29, 2015 8:49 PM EDT

This

• 127 posts
    October 1, 2015 10:47 AM EDT

An Imperial Healer/Interrogator - heavy on the restoration and a touch of fire magic.  I'll get the good guys healed, and the bad guys talking.

• 33 posts
    October 22, 2015 9:27 AM EDT

I would be a battlemage because I like being a warrior and using spells at the same time is great.