Forums » Elder Scrolls

If You Were A Mage What Kind Would You Be?

• 641 posts
    September 21, 2015 4:19 PM EDT

If you were reborn in the Elder Scrolls universe with a natural aptitude for the workings of aetherius what kind of mage would you become? Would you be a tomb lurking necromancer? A lighting summoning stormcaller? A tree hugging druid?

• 627 posts
    September 21, 2015 4:22 PM EDT

The kind were you're not quite sure if their sane or not but you need their help anyway 

• 404 posts
    September 21, 2015 4:26 PM EDT

probably a Pyromancer with some healing magic. I would also wear heavy armor and carry a blade.

• 641 posts
    September 21, 2015 4:35 PM EDT

Isn't that most mages? 

• 1595 posts
    September 21, 2015 4:40 PM EDT

I'd like to think I would delve into forgotten lore and trafficke with daimons, Fyr style. Sadly I'm far too cowardly for that so probably be a wimpy priestess of Kynareth in some Cyrodiilic grove somewhere

Edit: Look at all this HTML code which keeps tacking itself on to all my replies :

<div id="yui3-css-stamp" style="xg-p: absolute !important; visibility: hidden !important;"></div>
    <div id="s2s">
    <div style="left: 227px; top: 1px;" id="s2s-flyout" class="s2s-flyout-row dialog-box bottom">
    <div id="hover-mask"></div>
    <ul>
    <li style="transform: translate(0px, 0px);" id="searchlight-search" class="searchlight-search blr4 brr4"><a rel="nofollow" title="Web Search" class="blr4 brr4" target="_self"><span id="Web Search">&nbsp;</span></a></li>
    </ul>
    </div>
    <a rel="nofollow" class="s2s-hide" id="s2s-dummy-link" target="_blank" name="s2s-dummy-link"></a></div>
    <div id="s2s">
    <div id="s2s-flyout" class="s2s-flyout-row dialog-box top">
    <div id="hover-mask"></div>
    <ul>
    <li id="searchlight-search" class="searchlight-search blr4 brr4"><a title="Web Search" class="blr4 brr4" target="_self"><span id="Web Search">&nbsp;</span></a></li>
    </ul>
    </div>
    <a class="s2s-hide" id="s2s-dummy-link" target="_blank"></a></div>

• 98 posts
    September 21, 2015 4:49 PM EDT

I would be a Cryomancer because I'm cold as ice, baby.

No, but seriously, I've always thought that if  I would be a TES Mage I would be a Cryomancer. Maybe it's due to the fact that I prefer cold temperatures over all and I enjoy eating ice. Maybe these are minor but I dunno, lol.

• 1441 posts
    September 21, 2015 4:58 PM EDT

An electromancer battlemage, with a habit of exploring old ruins, reading on ancient lore, enchanting stuff (No black soul gems thought), and helping out when I could. I would carried a blade crackiling with lightning

• 641 posts
    September 21, 2015 5:04 PM EDT

Personally I would be an artificer, magecrafter and tonal architect. I would try and recreate the great works of Sotha Sil and find the path to the Clockwork City.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    September 21, 2015 5:36 PM EDT

I wanna be the very best,

Like no one ever was.

To learn them is my real test,

To master is my cause.

I will travel across the land,

Searching far and wide

Each spell to understand

The power that's inside!

All of the above.

• 627 posts
    September 21, 2015 5:49 PM EDT

Yes but I'd be especially so 

• 411 posts
    September 21, 2015 5:51 PM EDT

Easy Shadow mage that uses Shadow Magic

• 13 posts
    September 21, 2015 7:50 PM EDT

Probably an enchanter/alteration user/alchemist that attempts to unravel the secrets of the world

• September 21, 2015 7:55 PM EDT

Technomancer. Nothing like some neon-based magic.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 21, 2015 8:04 PM EDT

I'd try and do all kinds of weird shit.  

So my focus would be on the Conjuration and Alteration schools, though I'd certainly delve into Illusion as well. I'm probably too curious when it comes to things like magic. No doubt I'd likely get myself into problems, but I hope luck would give me some time to at least see a few things to make all the trouble worth it.

• 404 posts
    September 21, 2015 8:22 PM EDT

pokemon, that is still funny

• 161 posts
    September 21, 2015 8:30 PM EDT

I would be a Aeromancer. With some Enchanting.  I would  carry something cool Like a spear that can push enemies, swing past and cut deep.  But the most fun is the Unstoppable force of a Hurricane/Tornado just wrecking  everything and everyone. Flying up to just smash back down toppling everything. Truly It is the best type of magic. 

• 404 posts
    September 21, 2015 9:07 PM EDT

I thought you would be a Necromancer Warlord?

• 24 posts
    September 21, 2015 10:41 PM EDT
    Does a spellsword count?
    • 694 posts
    September 21, 2015 10:55 PM EDT

I'm a fairly peace-loving person, so I would immediately rule out employing any kind of magic that's more physically offensive like destruction, enchanting, or even conjuration. I would likely stick to the more defensive schools (restoration and alteration). I might occasionally employ illusion, but again would only use defensive spells (eg: clairvoyance, muffle, calm, invisibility, etc.) and only in a pinch. I'm sort of a straight shooter and I respect free will, so I don't love the idea of using manipulation to meddle with people's minds. I prefer verbal persuasion (speeeech!) to mind games. To me that's way more fun. 

And I would definitely avoid ever using fury or frenzy or anything like that; I feel like I would have to be pretty hard-pressed to ever use it, and the circumstances would have to be fairly extreme for me to consider it as an option.

So I feel like all that adds up to being a court advisor of some sort. Rulers tend to have at least one mage on hand, and I think that's where I would probably best fit. That or actually working as a healer.

• 457 posts
    September 21, 2015 11:36 PM EDT
    Enchanter/Alteration mage... straight up! ;D
    • 627 posts
    September 21, 2015 11:39 PM EDT

Well now I have to watch out for flying soul gems, that's just great 

• 694 posts
    September 21, 2015 11:43 PM EDT

• 457 posts
    September 22, 2015 12:13 AM EDT
    You all crack me up! xD
    • 100 posts