Forums » Elder Scrolls

What Was Your Favourite Battle In Elder Scrolls?

• 700 posts
    September 17, 2015 9:50 PM EDT

Who is Titus Mede? 

• 743 posts
    September 17, 2015 9:54 PM EDT

Ulfrics angsty son

• 694 posts
    September 17, 2015 10:15 PM EDT

Nice try Rogue, but you underestimate my patience. 

But why do you want to get on my bad side..? Are we not cool dude? 

• 641 posts
    September 18, 2015 4:42 AM EDT

Haha I will at some point 

• 743 posts
    September 18, 2015 7:07 AM EDT

Maybe we are, maybe we're not. 

Nah, we've always been cool. I just felt like being annoying.

• 641 posts
    September 18, 2015 7:04 PM EDT

Nobody got any epic battles with giants?

• 694 posts
    September 18, 2015 7:57 PM EDT
    Oh good! :) I was also *mostly* just razzing you right back.
    • 743 posts
    September 18, 2015 8:12 PM EDT

Oh, you're good.

• 367 posts
    September 18, 2015 8:27 PM EDT

This wasn't an epic fight. It wasn't holding the lives of a city in the balance or where the kingdom of a hold was at stake. It was memorable though. It was a fight against a wolf...

A few years ago I had just started writing my blog story and I was taking notes for chapter three. I had just left Riverwood behind and was currently heading along the pathway to Whiterun just after crossing Riverwood bridge when the wolf attacked me. All I had was an old rusty iron sword. I upped the difficulty level so the fight would last longer and took notes of the battle.

That was the first fight scene I wrote. It’s not grand, there’s no great glory to be had. Just a winner and a loser, and an old shabby fur to gain.

One of the most memorable fights I’ve ever had and I can still picture the wolf running down the mountainside towards me.

• 627 posts
    September 18, 2015 8:33 PM EDT

I beat a giant to death with only my shield. Does that count? 

• 627 posts
    September 18, 2015 8:36 PM EDT

Well there was that time I played the battle for Whiterun on 5 fps, it's memorable if only for how bad it was 

As for my favourite battle... hmm I've never really thought about this before, but I would have to say it was the time I fought Miraak as my Drunken Mage, that was fun throwing spells and punches 

• 404 posts
    September 18, 2015 8:49 PM EDT
    And that was still a great piece in your story. :)
    • 367 posts
    September 18, 2015 9:34 PM EDT

Thanks Mathias

Later on the Companions discuss their first kills. Sotek talks about the wolf then as well.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 19, 2015 6:44 PM EDT

The battle with the two dragons in Forgotten Vale was awesome. As was the first time I fought Harkon, it was so flashy and satisfying.

The fight with the Gatekeeper at the beginning of Shivering Isles was also exciting.

• 1217 posts
    September 19, 2015 7:24 PM EDT

The twin dragons was my favorite, too.

• 26 posts
    September 20, 2015 1:22 PM EDT

My favourite so far was actually just this morning, it was no great duel but it was very nostalgic. I was 'Destroying the Dark Brotherhood' (had never been a good character before ;)) and it felt like every room was a new 'level' with a different type of brotherhood member to fight, which is one of my favourite combat formats. So that was a nice combat element that doesn't really get used much in TES.