Forums » Elder Scrolls

What Was Your Favourite Battle In Elder Scrolls?

• 641 posts
    September 16, 2015 12:53 PM EDT

Whether it was a knock-down drag-out brawl with a dremora, a magical nuke barrage with a dragon or a ninja like assassination where you got in and out like a ghost, we have all had some memorable fights in our adventures across Tamriel. What one do you think of as your favourite?

• 100 posts
    September 16, 2015 1:17 PM EDT

So I was doing my Prowler playthrough awhile back and I owned the Hearthfire house near Morthal; bandits often waylay homeowners in Hearthfire. I leave the front door one morning and see my steward Uthgerd the Unbroken fighting against bandits. Playing a methodical thief, ambushes are always a bit panicky, so I leveled my crossbow and shot an exploding bolt in the general direction of the melee, then spin around and re-enter the house, thinking 1.) Uthgerds got this, and 2.) I had to grab extra ammunition, as I tried to keep inventory realistic on that playthrough. As I'm about to start casually browsing my armory for specific ammo, a bandit chief enters my house. 

I didn't know they could do that, and its only happened once to me xD

So, I run up the stairs, and climb out of the library tower to the balcony, leap to the roof and then turn around and take aim for the exit hatch. Out comes the bandit chief, angry and brandishing a two handed something or other. First I use a paralysis poison on a bolt. I then just filled him with poison and bolts. I went back inside, restocked on ammo, and went for recon outside... Uthgerd was still fighting? I didnt hear any hubbub whilst on the roof...

I walk out the front door once again, and there is an archer bandit waiting for me. I make a pin cushion out of him and then survey the scene. There, in the general area that I fired an explosive bolt, was a pile of ashes. A dead bandit lay beside it. Uthgerd the Unbroken had been incinerated. My Prowler, sorely vexed with the culmination of the mornings events, went to market for a new steward and began training on his archery a little more. The end.

• 641 posts
    September 16, 2015 1:27 PM EDT

Poor Uthgerd 

• 404 posts
    September 16, 2015 1:32 PM EDT
    Lol, nice. That steward didn't know what hit him
    • 641 posts
    September 16, 2015 4:46 PM EDT

I think one of my favorites is Fus Ro Dah-ing the wedding couple off of the balcony for the Dark Brotherhood 

• 1441 posts
    September 16, 2015 4:59 PM EDT

FIghting an Ancient Dragon on one playthrough. Down to almost half health, then, out of bucking nowhere, a Legedary Dragon swoops, so I gotta fight these two. I won, after much trial and hardship.

Another, in a mod, was basically fighting a Skyrim version of the Smelter Demon from DS2

• 743 posts
    September 16, 2015 6:12 PM EDT

Bucking? 

• 411 posts
    September 16, 2015 6:14 PM EDT

The Fight Against Dagoth Ur. Loved it

• 404 posts
    September 16, 2015 6:22 PM EDT

Fighting a Azure Racer and then a Ebony BullDrake from Bellyaches New Dragon Species mod.

• 168 posts
    September 16, 2015 6:44 PM EDT

During my adventures on the Reach I killed 3 Thalmor Justiciars like always. 2 days latter when I left Karthwasten I was greeted by 3 Imperial soldiers + 3 Thalmor Justiciars at the same time, trying to arrest me. How cute. But the best part was when only the Thalmor wizard remained. The bitch ran like Oblivion with such a speed that forced me to use Whirlwind Sprint twice to reach her.

Conclusion: When in doubt, kill Thalmor. When sad, kill Thalmor. When happy, kill Thalmor. Always kill Thalmor!!!

• 404 posts
    September 16, 2015 6:59 PM EDT

agree, them Elves do deserve to die.

• 1595 posts
    September 16, 2015 7:01 PM EDT

Umaril the Unfeathered. So much history in that fight.

• 641 posts
    September 16, 2015 7:04 PM EDT

#ThalmorRules 

• 95 posts
    September 17, 2015 12:55 AM EDT
    I had a mod that allowed for killing children (Braith, I'm looking at you) as well as some mods that added extra characters to cities.
    In the middle of Windhelm, as me and my Imperial friends were destroying the city, I shot an arrow straight into the heart of a Stormcloak; except he moved. The arrow continued past him, and I thought "whatever" until I heard a little girl yell "Why are they hurting each other?" followed by the sound of my fire enchanted glass arrow landing directly in her chest.
    Oops..
    • 641 posts
    September 17, 2015 9:45 AM EDT

That DLC is the reason I want to actually play Oblivion some day

• 95 posts
    September 17, 2015 10:20 AM EDT
    It's definitely worth it. The vanilla game is wonderful, the DLCs are beautiful, the quests are more engaging. However, Oblivion Gates get very tedious to close sometimes.
    • 649 posts
    September 17, 2015 10:32 AM EDT

DO IT!!!

• 694 posts
    September 17, 2015 11:39 AM EDT

Alright. I've thought about this and thought about this... there are... a lot of good dungeons to be raided and baddies to slay. To be honest, I think I'm between two. And those are:

1. The Wolf Queen Awakened. This one is just always a lot of fun for me for some reason. I really just like making my way through the abandoned parts of the Catacombs (just more interesting than your average dungeon or cave), laying waste to the draugr inhabitants as Potema chides me, and then taking on the Wolf Queen and her council. I like the story of Potema too, so it's just a good time all around.

2. Any of the civil war quests following the battle for Whiterun where you have to overtake another fort. This one is just purely an aggression thing. I think it's that feeling when you're running up to a fort and alllllll those red dots start popping up at once, and I get this rush of... F*ck yeah, LET'S DANCE. Once I get inside the fort I like to set up shop near an enemy spawn point and just mercilessly go to town.
    • 92 posts
    September 17, 2015 12:10 PM EDT

F*ck yeah, LET'S DANCE.

I promise to never get on your bad side. 

• 1217 posts
    September 17, 2015 12:17 PM EDT

Battling Naaslaarum, along with Voslaarum, the two dragons in the Forgotten Vale. So epic.

• 98 posts
    September 17, 2015 12:21 PM EDT

I'm a big fan of the battle against Potema too. The whole mini questline it's pretty sweet. Other than that I really enjoyed the battle against Harkon as well. Loved the dark scenery.

• 694 posts
    September 17, 2015 1:33 PM EDT

Vaal! I seriously doubt you could ever do so, even if you wanted to. 

• 694 posts
    September 17, 2015 1:35 PM EDT

I thought about Harkon and all of Castle Volkihar too! Also a really good look.

• 641 posts
    September 17, 2015 6:19 PM EDT

I agree with everybody saying the Wolf Queen, it was a really good quest.

• 743 posts
    September 17, 2015 9:44 PM EDT

Sounds pretty easy. I bet I can get on your bad side with one statement.

"Titus Mede II is Ulfric's angsty son"