Forums » Elder Scrolls

What Turns You Off From Playing ESO?

• 641 posts
    September 24, 2015 8:40 AM EDT

I can understand not wanting an online game for practical reasons like bad connections and whatnot but you can actually play ESO pretty much entirely solo if you want.

• 12 posts
    September 24, 2015 8:42 AM EDT

Not sure why I'd want to, when I can play Skyrim or Fallout Solo instead. And get more enjoyment out of doing so.

• 641 posts
    September 24, 2015 8:58 AM EDT

For you experiences, new characters new quests, new stories. I mean Skyrim's great but it's not like you can run around the Alik'r desert or the Tenmar jungle.

• 177 posts
    September 24, 2015 9:00 AM EDT
    Wellll, there are a few things that keep me away from ESO. First off, time. I have looots of stuff to do, and if I were playing ESO, had to go and leave some real people hanging, I would feel super duper bad! And 2nd, past experiences with on lines games. I'm usually not to good at them, and if I say anything pony related people can get to be...meanies to say the least.
    • 12 posts
    September 24, 2015 9:02 AM EDT

That's what mods are for.

• 12 posts
    September 24, 2015 9:33 AM EDT

... Besides, I'm not paying a monthly fee (optional or otherwise) for a single player game or paying for microtransactions in a single player game.

I'm happy with the games I have: Skyrim, Morrowind, Fallouts 3 and NV, etc (I'd count oblivion, but I can't get it to run with Steam+OBSE+Mod Organizer). I just don't need anything else ATM.

• 92 posts
    September 24, 2015 9:33 AM EDT

I DO NOT judge ESO by the beta I played. However, while I was patient with the bugs I encountered (it was a beta test after all), something just didn't feel right to me while playing. I couldn't put my finger on it.

That said, I still plan to get ESO soon. When I do, I can only envision playing solo. One, I have zero patience for seeing multiple players jumping around like idiots and crowding certain areas and NPC quest-givers. Hopefully I will discover, as Phil stated, that things will open up for me once I get beyond the starting areas. Two, I do not have time to play the game with large groups or player guilds. As I do now with any stand-alone game, I play when I can play. I would be doing my large group a disservice by not being able to accomodate the group's schedule. With that said, I can see grouping up with a few players from the Vault to tackle a dungeon or two every now and then. It would be nice to continue the tight community of friends I have here on ESO.

I mainly want to explore and be immersed in lore.