Forums » Elder Scrolls

Red Eagle=The Crazy Horse of TES???

• September 12, 2015 9:27 AM EDT
    So I was reading up on Crazy Horse, and I noticed a few similarities between the two people. Both were great heroes, who led their people against an invading force. Both come from a tribal culture. Both fought for the rights of their people. So, what do you all think? Is Red Eagle the Crazy Horse of TES?
    • 641 posts
    September 12, 2015 9:51 AM EDT

Red Eagle is the Braveheart of TES.

• September 12, 2015 9:54 AM EDT
    What is Braveheart?
    • 641 posts
    September 12, 2015 9:56 AM EDT
  • September 12, 2015 10:08 AM EDT
    Whoa, that guy had a messed up life. Well, there are a few similarities, but the Scotts were sheep herders, while the Sioux were hunters. Reachman are hunters. So, yeah, a few similarities, a few differences. Same with my Crazy Horse conclusion.
    • 641 posts
    September 12, 2015 10:23 AM EDT

Well the Reachmen are specifically based off of the Celtic tribes of Scotland to the point where the names used for them in Skyrim are of Pictish origin. The Roman attempted conquest of Scotland is clear inspiration for the Empire and the Reach as is the various battles between the Viking settlers in Scotland with the Reach and Nord battles.

• September 12, 2015 10:26 AM EDT
    Oh. Ok.
    • 641 posts
    September 12, 2015 10:43 AM EDT

Yeah, the Bretons already have that Gaelic\Gallic influence so it kind of makes perfect sense. Also Red Eagle's Bane and Red Eagle's Fury kind of have that air of Exalibur and Sword in the Stone about them.

• September 12, 2015 10:44 AM EDT
    Yeah.