Forums » Elder Scrolls

Whats Your Favourite Area In ESO?

• 641 posts
    September 11, 2015 2:37 PM EDT

As you may have noticed I recently got a copy of Elder Scrolls Online for my birthday and so far I think it's pretty great, no seriously if you haven't played it yet then you need to do so asap. I've not played that much of it so far but the one thing that stands out to me so far is how bloody gorgeous everything looks. I've only been running around Daggerfall so far but I am really excited to see parts of Tamriel I have never seen before like the deserts of Hammerfell and he swamps of Argonia. So if you have played ESO what are your favourite areas? If you haven't what are you looking forward to see the most?

• 131 posts
    September 11, 2015 2:43 PM EDT
    Hmm.. I haven't gotten far enough to actually be exact but i'd probably just say Glenumbra.
    • 180 posts
    September 11, 2015 3:01 PM EDT

I really enjoy the wasteland terrain of Rivenspire.

I also really like the atmosphere in the Alik'r. I really think they struck a great balance between harsh desert and beautiful oasis's. 

• 641 posts
    September 11, 2015 3:12 PM EDT

I look forward to seeing the Alik'r and Craglorn!

• 641 posts
    September 11, 2015 4:59 PM EDT

Blackthorn assassins try and kill me everywhere I go in Glenumbra lol

• 641 posts
    September 11, 2015 5:45 PM EDT

I just took a ship to Stros M'kai and wow.... 

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 11, 2015 7:10 PM EDT

Dang, I still haven't got my hands on ESO, and likely won't until after Fallout 4. Even if I did get it now, I'm currently scribbling what will, hopefully soon (I can't decide over the appearance of the character that will "start the wheel" in this particular universe, damn it!) become my last playthrough of Skyrim. I sadly wouldn't have the time to invest in two games so large as ESO and Skyrim at the same time.

• 708 posts
    September 11, 2015 7:20 PM EDT

By far my favourite zone was the Bangkorai, the level 37-43 Daggerfall Covenant zone. It's half High Rock and half Hammerfell, looks beautiful, has some really cool lore and great storyline to boot!

That said, I might have enjoyed it so much since it was the last alliance zone I played through on my Dominion character

• 641 posts
    September 12, 2015 5:39 AM EDT

I look forward to getting there 

• 641 posts
    September 12, 2015 12:07 PM EDT

Last ever Skyrim playthrough? 

• 1595 posts
    September 12, 2015 12:18 PM EDT

Like you Veloth I have only just started playing but I totally geeked out just now when I got to Glenumbra Moors. This wasn't long after I geeked out when exploring some Ayleid ruins on Betnikh. So I'm really enjoying Daggerfall so far.

Honestly, although the game isn't that similar to a traditional ES experience, it's close enough for me to be having huge amounts of fun with it. I'm really enjoying the portrayal of orcs in this game too - it's incredibly inspiring and a breath of fresh air when compared to Skyrim's go Stronghold or go home approach to Orsimer.

• 641 posts
    September 12, 2015 12:31 PM EDT

Agreed! Orc Strongholds are cool and all but it got SO frustrating when that was pretty much the extent of orcish culture shown or even mentioned so that everybody just presumed that was the be all and end all to the Orcs even though that's like taking the Ashlanders or the Skaal to be the only representatives of their races.

• 1595 posts
    September 12, 2015 1:00 PM EDT

Even though on Betnikh there was very much the Stronghold vibe, the rest of its society asserted itself nicely and felt way more alive than in Skyrim. From the moment I was told on the ship as we made our way to the island that it was the chief's wives who insisted on settling the place I felt a dynamic had changed. Sure enough the role of female orcs seemed much more dominant on the island's quests and there was nary a reference to Malacath to be found.

I don't know why but it just made the society feel more natural.

You know like how in Oblivion you could speak to the majority of npcs and the subject of religion never comes up (unless KotN is installed)? Well it felt like that. I don't know about you but sometimes entire minutes pass with out me thinking or talking about matters theological. That is because I, like most people, don't give a fuck. Skyrim's Orcs talked about nothing but religion to the point where it made them 2 dimensional at times.

Granted, the pacing of ESO makes it such that your always onto the next thing so I may have missed several things of note, but that brevity really helped set the tone. I didn't need to dig, ask or ponder because the game showed me.

• 641 posts
    September 12, 2015 1:17 PM EDT

Yeah and it's not just orcs. Running around Stros M'kai and speaking to npcs everything just feels natural like they are normal people just living out their lives, even some of the quests are small scale but they feel more intimate. 

• September 12, 2015 4:17 PM EDT

Stormhaven. It is a trading hub with nice weather and fertile verdant lands. That leaves a lot for the senses to imagine but of utmost importance, the people of Stormhaven see the rot at the Covenant, which are the Orcs thus any decent denizen of High Rock should seek relocation .

I would like Stros M'Kai more if it was not a darn desert. 

• 641 posts
    September 12, 2015 5:29 PM EDT

Granted I've only been to Stros M'kai but I think the desert areas are gorgeous