Forums » Elder Scrolls

The end of the long journey

• 24 posts
    September 10, 2015 4:33 PM EDT
    Your character is the Savior of Nirn, the bane of dragons. Or maybe your character is the deadliest blade in riften, or the most powerful warlock in the College of Winterhold. Stories are already being told of your great deeds. Yet, as all things come to an end, how would your character end. Would it be as amazing and epic as the life they lived or would it be ironic, or contradicting to who they were? How rwould your characters final chapter end?
    • 641 posts
    September 13, 2015 11:45 AM EDT

This is a very interesting question actually, I hadn't thought of it before.

• 1441 posts
    September 13, 2015 1:45 PM EDT
    It depends on the chRacter. Some would go out in a blaze of glory, dying at the brea of a fierce dragon, or an army of Daedra, others would retire, and live peacefully
    • 207 posts
    September 13, 2015 2:14 PM EDT

And some would die on a journey because they take a morning dump near a river and get mauled by mudcrabs.

• 95 posts
    September 13, 2015 2:23 PM EDT
    Warning, if you read my blog this will a spoiler:
    Well for my main character I decided it was destined to be suicide. He was an upper class city boy Altmer who got dragged through a lot of tragedies, plus he is Manic-Depressive, so he probably would kill himself. Depressing enough for ya?
    • 168 posts
    September 13, 2015 10:21 PM EDT

After killing Alduin and avenging the death of his adoptive Nord parents by killing Elenwen, the Dragonborn Khajiit Thalmor Slayer Shigeru helped the new Empress of Tamriel, Beatrix, to take down the Thalmor by invading Summerset Isle with a combined force of the Imperial navy and Shigeru's dragons (like Miraak, Shigeru can control multiple dragons at once thanks to the power of Miraak's soul). Once the Thalmor are finally defeated, Alis of Sunhold, the daughter of Lathenil of Sunhold (the author of the 4 volumes of the book "Rising Thread") and leader of a local rebel group against the Thalmor, becomes the ruler of Summerset Isle and begin a new era called the 4th Aldmeri Dominion where both the Dominion and the Empire can live in peace with each other. 10 years later, Shigeru tells his tale to his 5 years old son, Gaurunn, who loves and admires his father and hopes that one day he can be a hero, just like his father.

P.S: Gaurunn is a Nord name but Shigeru named his Khajiit son after his adoptive Nord father as a way of paying homage to him.

• 700 posts
    September 13, 2015 11:54 PM EDT

Go home and sleep.  No character get enough sleep.  If I'm playing a DiD character, I might just go jump off the Throat of The World, or jump around in the Skyforge until I die.  

• 694 posts
    September 13, 2015 11:56 PM EDT

Go home and sleep.  No character get enough sleep.  

preach.

• 367 posts
    September 14, 2015 7:13 AM EDT

I've actually written this believe it or not.

In a nutshell...

Aela dies on the plains hunting a Sabre Cat. Her body is taken back to Jorrvaskr and kept in the under forge.

During the next three nights Sotek is visited by her wolf sprit. On the third night however she leads him to the plains. A Blood Moon fills the sky and Sotek becomes the hunted in the great hunt. He stands his ground and fights the horde of werewolves.

In his final moments the werewolves fall back and it is actually Red (Aela's wolf spirit) which tears out Sotek's throat.

Soteks body is laid on a pyre with Aela in his arms and his tail wrapped around her leg as it always does when they sleep together.

His wolf spirit joins hers and the two of them go to the hunting grounds as two Alpha wolves until Tamriel has need of them once more.

Watch the sky and await the call of the wolf. The Blood Moon will rise once more and two werewolves will once again hunt across the plains.

• 4 posts
    September 21, 2015 5:52 PM EDT

My first ever character is actually cursed with immortality because of his deeds, and now spends most of his time trying to kill himself. He's thrown himself off the throat of the world, Fought the Ebony Warrior on legendary with no armor (same with dragons and giants) and plunged into the sea of ghost trying to drown himself... What he does not know is he could kill himself by just taking off the glitchy ring he got from the fortify resto exploit, as for some strange reason the ring kills him when he removes it... Kind of sad actually...

• 411 posts
    September 21, 2015 6:00 PM EDT

Mirric Farseer Would Die Of Suiside after he destroys most of Nirn using the Numidium Powered By the Soul of the Last Dragonborn. While he isn't my skyrim character hes my all time favorite Elder scrolls Character

• 641 posts
    October 6, 2015 1:52 PM EDT

I always liked the idea of a character going out in a blaze of glory. No happy endings for the Hero.

• 177 posts
    October 6, 2015 5:30 PM EDT

Well, it changes A LOT depending o the character! But usually, my characters end on a bittersweet note, sometimes that means achieving something great, followed by death. Or sometimes they end up with a fair amount of money and success to their names, all to themselves because their friends are all dead. But It does change, I can do happy endings too! Kinda...sorta...not really....

• 404 posts
    October 6, 2015 5:41 PM EDT

dang bud, SPOILER WARNING next time?

• October 7, 2015 7:01 AM EDT

My Dragonborn died.

Besting Paarthurnax, Alduin, and Miraak made the Dragonborn irrevocably megalomaniacal and hungry for a greater challenge, only to become buried under snow and rocks once a snow storm was chosen as a suitable adversary.