Forums » Elder Scrolls

Your Skyrim Besties

• 45 posts
    September 9, 2015 7:21 PM EDT

I have always roleplayed that I broke through Urag Gro-Shub's hard exterior and that we became the best of friends through my extensive use of the Arcaneum and exceptional treatment of his books. Also, Tolfdir often becomes a sort of confidante for my characters, the person to whom they go when they need advice or a calming presence (because he just seems wise as all shit). Thus, these two characters have become my "Skyrim Besties," the characters with whom I always want to hang out and share a pint of ale or a flagon of mead. Does anyone else here share my tendency to grow inordinately attached to a certain few characters, and if so, who are yours?

• 98 posts
    September 9, 2015 8:23 PM EDT

Brynjolf is my main dude. Paathurnax is a good friend too. Also, my characters always end up befriending with Serana, one way or another. 

• 95 posts
    September 9, 2015 8:27 PM EDT

I grew really attached to Jordis the Sword-Maiden in one playthrough. Other than that, only normal levels of attachment.

• 743 posts
    September 9, 2015 10:12 PM EDT

My boy Ulfric, of course.

• 65 posts
    September 9, 2015 10:15 PM EDT

I have 3 main Skyrim Besties and when the day is done we go to the Ragged Flagon and all have a pint or two. First, is Cicero my man of madness, he's always been by my side and is ever so loyal. I don't care what you say Cicero is the best of the best. Next up, is Brynjolf, Brynjolf has always had confidence in me and I always liked him. Finally, the man who I've known since the beginning my good pal Ulfric Stormcloak, and a day is not done till we steal from the innocent, kill some poor fools, and execute some Thalmor/Imperials.

• 694 posts
    September 9, 2015 10:23 PM EDT

This is a good question. I immediately bonded with Pnax. The first time I talked to him at the Throat of the World I just knew we were gonna be buds. I also took a shining to J'zargo and Teldryn. They're loveably cocky, but not overly arrogant. I like that balance in people too. 

• 743 posts
    September 9, 2015 10:28 PM EDT

Where's Ulfric and Serana?

• 743 posts
    September 9, 2015 10:29 PM EDT

And Serana, of course.

• 694 posts
    September 9, 2015 11:00 PM EDT

Ha! Rogue, Rogue, Rogue... if you haven't guessed yet, let me set the record straight: I'm for the Empire, baby. Ulfric and I will never be BFFs.

As far as Serana goes, I know a lot of people are partial to her, but she just never struck me as someone I would be besties with. I pity her more than anything else, to be honest.

• 45 posts
    September 9, 2015 11:06 PM EDT

Yeah, J'zargo and Teldryn are definitely in my top 10 NPCs. Teldryn can get just a little obnoxious after a long time traveling with him, though.

• 45 posts
    September 9, 2015 11:10 PM EDT

Seems to me like most people are absolutely in love with Serana, with a small minority hating her with a passion hotter than the flames of a thousand Skyforges, so it is interesting to see someone with a more moderate opinion of her.

• 743 posts
    September 9, 2015 11:12 PM EDT

Edana, Edana, Edana.... the Empire? You're way smarter than that.

• 627 posts
    September 9, 2015 11:16 PM EDT

Can I create a third category of people who don't have strong feelings one way or the other? Because if so that's me 

• 45 posts
    September 9, 2015 11:22 PM EDT

Fight! Fight!

• 694 posts
    September 9, 2015 11:24 PM EDT

Hahaha. Dorian is out for blood. 

• 694 posts
    September 9, 2015 11:27 PM EDT

Yeah I feel that too. When it gets to be too much he can go cool his heels in The Retching Netch for a while.

• 743 posts
    September 9, 2015 11:28 PM EDT

Alright, I'm gonna start out pretty brutal.

• 45 posts
    September 9, 2015 11:40 PM EDT
    Teldryn: Any time you want to visit Skyrim is fine by me. I've spent enough time in Solstheim to last a lifetime.
    Me: Ok then.
    Teldryn: Any time you want to visit Skyrim is fine by me. I've spent enough time in Solstheim to last a lifetime.
    Me: Yeah, that's exactly what you just said.
    Me: By Azura, are you having a stroke?!
    Me: Teldryn, I swear unto every Aedra and Daedra in every realm of existence that if you don't shut the almighty and everloving fuck up, I will Fus Ro Dah your ass off of the top of Red Mountain!
    Teldryn: Any time...
    • 694 posts
    September 9, 2015 11:40 PM EDT

Bye bye, Stormcloaks. 

• 694 posts
    September 9, 2015 11:45 PM EDT

Yuupppp. It pretty much goes exactly like that. 

• September 10, 2015 1:29 AM EDT

Eola, Ondolemar, Niyya, Brelyna Maryon, and Sapphire.

• 411 posts
    September 10, 2015 1:30 AM EDT
    Alduin cause im amazing
    • 288 posts
    September 10, 2015 8:00 AM EDT

Teldryn FTW!

"Whiterun... the pride of Skyrim. Doesn't look like much to me. Now Blacklight on the other hand, that's a proper city."

• 1595 posts
    September 10, 2015 8:09 AM EDT

Delphine and Esbern.

• 641 posts
    September 10, 2015 10:01 AM EDT

My people are always Kharjo, J'zargo, Jenassa and Borgakh Steel Heart these are my bros and broettes and I always have one of them around.

However there was one playthrough I did based on Breaking Bad where I was Heisenberg and I had Cosnach, a alcoholic Breton from Markarth as my meatshield\Jesse Pinkman. I started off hating that guy but by the end we were total bros.