Forums » Elder Scrolls

What's Your Favourite Unofficial Home In Skyrim?

• 641 posts
    September 9, 2015 6:17 PM EDT

We all know about the houses you get awarded in Skyrim when you become a thane as well as the manors you can build on the plots of land you buy. BUT when you play as a necromancer/bandit/crazy person or other such non-normal characters the official housing sometimes just doesn't cut the mustard. There is however a good selection of safe (as in they don't respawn) places in Skyrim that you can turn in to your HQ. What are some of your favourites? 

Personally I've always been a fan of Nightcaller Temple. Nice scenic views, beds, alchemy and enchanting stations and even a library er... kind of.

• 411 posts
    September 9, 2015 6:24 PM EDT
    i use The Katariah. it has beds and The Emperors corpse to keep me company.
    • 641 posts
    September 9, 2015 7:42 PM EDT

I tried living in Blackreach once but it didn't go well.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 9, 2015 8:58 PM EDT

I don't know a lot about such places, but that is likely about to change now with my new character. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

• 694 posts
    September 9, 2015 10:13 PM EDT

While I've never actually done this myself, Deathclaw actually put together a really good guide some weeks back about the pros and cons of some of the options, which made me want to try it. 

Having not tried it, and using his guide only... I would say I'd probably go with Anise's Cabin. May well try it out my next go 'round.

• 77 posts
    September 14, 2015 1:02 PM EDT

Anise's cabin is my favorite free home.  For further emersion name your character Anise, then it will literally be "your cabin."

• 367 posts
    September 14, 2015 1:56 PM EDT

An Unmoded game I use Lakeview manor as a den but I mostly play on the PC with a camping mod. As such there’s only one place I call home. Greenspring Hollow. It’s a nice overhang out on the plains with a small stream plenty of deer and various packs of wolves to hunt when my favorite She-wolf is by my side.

The second home would be the hall of Jorrvaskr.

• 404 posts
    September 14, 2015 2:00 PM EDT

I like Lakeview Manor as well.