Forums » Elder Scrolls

Could Dremora Integrate In To Tamrielic Society?

• 641 posts
    September 8, 2015 7:22 PM EDT

Dremora, or as they like to be known The Kyn. Probably the most heavily featured non-playable race in the Elder Scrolls series. We know that Dremora society is aggressive and war-like, but it is also an honorable and loyal one with various clans and castes. We know that Dremora can be reasoned with, can act civilized and even friendly at times. And we know that a few have even been bound to nirn to live "normal" lives.But do you think a a whole Dremora society could work if they tried to form one on nirn? For instance what if a few thousand Dremora both male and female and of various casts were summoned, cut off from Oblivion and bound to nirn in a mostly uninhabited area of desert in Elsweyr or Hammerfell? Would they try and build their own nation? Would the other races let them? Would they go on a killing spree until they all died?

Remember that for the longest time that Orcs were seen as pretty much beasts and monsters and were killed on site and it's only relatively recently that they have been allowed to  integrate.

• 404 posts
    September 8, 2015 7:33 PM EDT
    Yeah, take out their horns and you have a Dunmer. :P In Skyrim they look just like them but with horns.
    • 641 posts
    September 8, 2015 7:47 PM EDT

In ESO they look more unique 

• 404 posts
    September 8, 2015 7:51 PM EDT

I think that is the other race of Damora called Xivilai from Oblivion.

• 24 posts
    September 8, 2015 10:16 PM EDT
    I believe that if there were dremora who settled in tamriel that they would be attacked by outside forces, mainly followers of the aedra. My reasoning is that there was total war between the daedric armies of mehrunes dagon and the people of tamriel a.k.a. the oblivion crisis, so people don't really have strong feelings for the deadra.
    • 641 posts
    September 9, 2015 4:10 AM EDT

True but the same can be said about all the races born on nirn, they have all been at war at one time or another.

• 641 posts
    September 9, 2015 4:15 AM EDT

I think Xivilai are just another clan of Dremora 

• 700 posts
    September 9, 2015 9:47 AM EDT
    Considering Dremora worship Mehrunes Dagon and generally dislike mortals, their presence would be seen as an affront, and their efforts to create a Tamrielic society, a threat.
    • 66 posts
    September 9, 2015 9:50 AM EDT

No. Xivilai are clanless.

• 641 posts
    September 9, 2015 10:00 AM EDT

So what's with the Xivilai's Clan?

• 641 posts
    September 9, 2015 10:01 AM EDT

Same could be said for both the Orcs and the Dunmer.

• 700 posts
    September 9, 2015 10:11 AM EDT
    Except for the part where they dislike mortals. That threatens every race.
    • 641 posts
    September 9, 2015 10:31 AM EDT

Except for the  times where they have lived alongside them. Like Velehk Sain, Kixathi and that Dremora who lived in the Tribunal Temple. Also hating mortals isn't that much different from what the Altmer think. 

• 700 posts
    September 9, 2015 10:36 AM EDT

Fair enough, I'll take your word for it.  I don't have the energy to study the lore and double check.  

• 66 posts
    September 9, 2015 10:56 AM EDT

Ops, I meant Casteless. They aren't Dremora.

• 641 posts
    September 9, 2015 10:59 AM EDT

Hm you are right, oh well they still look pretty cool 

• 338 posts
    September 9, 2015 12:00 PM EDT

You're talking about Nirn, where not even mer and men get along, and suggesting we drop a colony of Dremora in the middle of that shit? Dremora, who, I might add, would probably be pretty pissed about being summoned and cut off from Oblivion. You're just asking for a bloodbath. I doubt it would end well. 

Besides, I don't think there are "a few thousand" mages out there who could summon a Dremora each. That's some seriously high-level conjuration spellcraft, dude. Even the most powerful of Archmages can only control a pair of Dremora at a time.

• 641 posts
    September 9, 2015 12:08 PM EDT

Well that's my point, war is the natural state of nirn so having some Dremora city in the middle of it isn't going to be much different. Also as I have mentioned not every Dremora would be pissed about being cut off from Oblivion.

Their are other ways of getting Dremora on to nirn, even though that's beside the point. 

• 338 posts
    September 9, 2015 12:15 PM EDT

This wouldn't be mere war, it would be genocide for one side or the other. Dremora, especially a large portion of them, would want to eliminate the mortal beings. Likewise, and perhaps out of survival, the mortals would seek to remove the Dremora from their lands, forcefully or otherwise. 

Also, they'd probably kill the wizard or whoever that was responsible for bringing the Dremora colony up from Oblivion. 

Hell, I'd not even be surprised to see an alliance of mortal races against such a Dremora colony. Then they'd go right back to fighting among themselves. 

Bottom Line: There is no way Dremora could be integrated into Tamrielic society. They could be brought there, and they could take over the society, or be wiped out/banished back to Oblivion. There's no middle ground.

• 641 posts
    September 9, 2015 12:59 PM EDT

Again except for the Dremora I have listed who have lived fine amongst other humans?

• 411 posts
    September 9, 2015 6:11 PM EDT

If they hide the fact there dremora and not speak they can live somewhat normaly. 

Like Geh'unes 

• 45 posts
    September 9, 2015 6:59 PM EDT

Not sure how they would get along with the other races, but if you remember,  Orcs used to be a non-playable foe in Arena and Daggerfall. I think if something were to change in the Dremora zeitgeist that allowed them to accept and get along better with Nirn-dwellers and there were some great event that sent masses of these newly peaceful Dremora to Nirn, they could be an interesting new addition to the races of Tamriel. I also think it would be really cool to play as a Dremora.  

• September 9, 2015 10:06 PM EDT

Except neither are Daedra. Being a Daedra garnishes a different level of antipathy.

To put it into perspective, Daedra worshipers in much of Tamriel are feared and there is currently a group that apparently has free reign to kill said worshipers... that is after they are given the chance to see the error of their ways because they are at worst lost.

Something that is a Daedra and unbound? Killed - relatively speaking - on sight.

• 641 posts
    September 10, 2015 3:41 AM EDT

Both Orcs and Dunmer worship daedra 

• 338 posts
    September 10, 2015 2:27 PM EDT

They're the exception rather than the rule, and besides, the mortals of Nirn aren't going to line up all the Dremora that show up and say "Are you good or bad?" and then only kill the bad ones. Like, if a clan of Dremora showed up the people would just go on a witch hunt. 

There are good vampires, werewolves, and other stuff, too. But the "normal" people of the world always hunt them down and kill indiscriminately.