Forums » Elder Scrolls

So You Wake Up One Morning....

• 641 posts
    September 7, 2015 12:03 PM EDT

And their is a Elder Scroll lying at the bottom of your bed. You know it's the real thing beacuse the closer you get the more you can feel it's power pulsing out like time itself is distorting. What do you do? Do you read it? Do you hide it? Do you give it to the government? Do you sell it on Ebay? 

• 743 posts
    September 7, 2015 12:11 PM EDT

Dang sure wouldn't read it, considering how hideous it sounds to go blind. I'd probably hide it in a box somewhere secure and wonder for  few months as to what exactly I'd do with it.

• 641 posts
    September 7, 2015 12:17 PM EDT

Not even in exchange for amazing cosmic knowledge?

• 743 posts
    September 7, 2015 12:25 PM EDT

Nope, vision is more important than knowledge, in my opinion.

• 1217 posts
    September 7, 2015 12:28 PM EDT

Read it? And risk insanity and blindness? No. If I could  impress on someone else that this was a real magical artifact, and the risks involved, I might experiment with it, but honestly, it would probably just get found out and taken, and I'd get quarantined or something. I don't know what I'd really do with it, but I wouldn't keep it.

• 457 posts
    September 7, 2015 12:30 PM EDT
    Since I've worked really hard to cultivate stupidity in my life, and because the Elder Scrolls always seem to bring some sort of trouble, I would not read it, and would keep others from messing with stuff they don't understand either. My plan:

Buy a bunch of facsimile items (fake Ebony Mail, Grimsever, Pale Blade, Shield of Solitude, and etc), hang it on the wall with all my other obviously fake crap. Hidden in plain sight ;D
  • Tim
    • 92 posts
    September 7, 2015 12:55 PM EDT

Oh, that's obvious....I'd break it down and make armor out of it :P. One would probably only be enough for gauntlets or maybe boots though.
    I wonder if you could make a sword out of it? lol

• 641 posts
    September 7, 2015 1:01 PM EDT

I don't think I'd be able to help myself, I would have to read it.

• 45 posts
    September 7, 2015 1:11 PM EDT

Fence that shit and never work again.

• 1217 posts
    September 7, 2015 1:17 PM EDT

Who's going to pay that much for it, though?

• 98 posts
    September 7, 2015 1:31 PM EDT

I would send it to the Bethesda.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 7, 2015 2:09 PM EDT

I'd contact Michael Kirkbride to discuss what the hell just happened and if that thing showed up here, we'd obviously start working on a way to get to the place where it came from. And never come back.

• 1217 posts
    September 7, 2015 2:17 PM EDT

Lol. You and Xavier have the right idea. In all likelihood, it'd probably just turn out that MK is some kind of ES god in disguise, and he knows how the Scrolls work because he wrote/writes/will write them.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 7, 2015 2:28 PM EDT

And him being a god would open the possibility of him allowing me to be reborn as a Telvanni/Redoran/Indoril Dunmer in Morrowind.Oh my, everything is ready. Now I just need an Elder Scroll...

• 134 posts
    September 7, 2015 2:49 PM EDT

Find a moth priest, I guess. I must learn it's secrets!

If there's none of them, then I'd choose the person who annoys me most and ask them how to pronounce this word. This word riiiiiiiiiight here.

*Presents Scroll*

• 641 posts
    September 7, 2015 3:50 PM EDT

Either that or hes a stalker hiding Elder Scrolls props around your house 

• 694 posts
    September 7, 2015 5:19 PM EDT

I think my first thought would be, "Who the f*ck broke into my house, and why did they have/leave this Elder Scroll?? Time to upgrade the locks."

Secondly, there's no way in hell I'm reading that thing. Absolutely not. Not only am I risking my vision, but I feel like reading it would mean a heavy to-do list would suddenly drop down on me, and I don't have nearly enough vacation days in the bank to be going on an epic quest right now. 

I don't know what I would do with it after I decided not to mess with it... probably give it to the authorities when I go to report the break-in. 

• 641 posts
    September 7, 2015 5:37 PM EDT

No way would I trust the government with something like that!  

• 694 posts
    September 7, 2015 5:53 PM EDT

Ha! Ok fair, but there's no way I'm qualified to hang on to it either, and I'd be hard-pressed to think of anyone else who might be.

• 1467 posts
    September 7, 2015 7:25 PM EDT

I poke it

• 743 posts
    September 7, 2015 7:29 PM EDT

Yeah, I'm like Shaun. Last thing I'd do is give something with such immense power to the government.

• 27 posts
    September 7, 2015 7:45 PM EDT
    Keep it and use it to fight crime
    • 411 posts
    September 7, 2015 7:45 PM EDT
    First i would contact bethesda to ask how something like this could happen. Then after being called crazy i would try to find a way into tamriel. Because if a elder scroll exists then tamriel exists and i wanna Join great house telvanni!
    • 177 posts
    September 7, 2015 7:48 PM EDT

Hm, well I would probably put it in a trunk and forget about it, until someone steals it and destroys the world with it! 

• 411 posts
    September 7, 2015 8:01 PM EDT
    destroying the world with an elder scroll is fun!