• 694 posts
    September 7, 2015 8:02 PM EDT
    I think... I think you just won. :)
    • 627 posts
    September 7, 2015 8:14 PM EDT

Trick other people into reading it, for my own amusement 

• 8 posts
    September 8, 2015 3:10 AM EDT

I would keep it. Why should anyone else have it? If it just magically appeared at the end of my bed overnight, then fate dictates that it was meant for me. And if not, then fate would dictate otherwise, and it would disappear just as quickly as it appeared.

I'd be tempted to read it, if it meant a wealth of knowledge of events past, present and future. I realise of course the Elder Scrolls are like Tamriel's 'Pandora's Box'. The problem is if you tried to tell/warn people about said events; I imagine in the real world people would perceive you the same way we perceive the NPCs in-game who read the 'Black Books' - nonsensical madmen.

Still - i'd have a thing that nobody else has. Why get rid? Unless I could sell it for millions and millions of pounds. Cosmic, transcendent knowledge is well and good, but in this world, money's more useful.

• 207 posts
    September 8, 2015 3:29 AM EDT

As reading it would probably result in this

Not a good idea...

• 203 posts
    September 8, 2015 4:00 AM EDT
    I would keep it. However I wouldn't read it... yet. First I would try to convince some guys over in the Lore group to help me research all and any information on the elder scrolls and the moth priests, oh and Dwemer elder cube gravers. Once I'm sure I can read it without blinding myself I would have a closer look at the thing. Find a way to travel to Nirn or something, if the bloody thing came to our world we can visit theirs dammit.
    • 1595 posts
    September 8, 2015 4:41 AM EDT

I'm hesitant to even begin to assert what I could possibly do with an Elder Scroll if I found one. Feldir the Old managed to banish Alduin which is pretty epic, the Grey Fox was able to use one to lift Nocturnal's curse on the Grey Cowl, again pretty epic and useful. However, all the Dovahkiin managed was to find the location of a cave which by comparison is less than spectacular.

Maybe with my luck I'd be able to foresee what I will have for dinner. Wow! Thanks Elder Scroll. The lottery numbers would have been more helpful.

• 627 posts
    September 8, 2015 4:44 AM EDT

You're forgetting that Feldir also made it so that anyone who was holding that scroll and stood in a very specific spot, could then see back to when he banished Alduin. I will admit it was unintentional but he still managed it 

• 1595 posts
    September 8, 2015 4:50 AM EDT

Maybe it was intentional? Perhaps Feldir was secretly pleased his heroism and Tusken Raider-like scroll wielding would be visible for eternity? "YOU ARE BANISHED!"

I didn't want to count that effect the Dovahkiin managed to produce because it required another component. While I may have an Elder Scroll, the original post made no mention of a time wound.

• 627 posts
    September 8, 2015 4:56 AM EDT

But it was a time wound caused by an elder scroll, so technically you could...

• 1595 posts
    September 8, 2015 5:02 AM EDT

Maybe with my luck I would read it and discover what I will have for dinner tonight thereby creating a time wound. I could then read the scroll again in the exact same spot and find out what I ate last night.

• 627 posts
    September 8, 2015 5:05 AM EDT

That's the spirit Phil, it could be like a party trick. "Hey guys I bet I can tell you exactly what I had for dinner on ... who's up for it?" 

• 1595 posts
    September 8, 2015 5:11 AM EDT

https://38.media.tumblr.com/ed0b154a7c8b5e4ffabc539bdec77aa9/tumblr_n3xt41XxXX1r9eds7o1_400.gif

• 7 posts
    September 8, 2015 7:31 AM EDT

First..I would panic!

After that I would wonder If I haven't been playing too much (Have any of you ever walked past a field of flowers suddenly imagining yourself picking them up as alchemical ingredients? I know I have)

Then I would poke it with a stick or something smart like that  , then go to Tamriel and find out who's trolling me I guess.

• 4 posts
    September 8, 2015 12:51 PM EDT

I'd probably use the indestructible God-Scroll as a bludgeon.

• 207 posts
    September 8, 2015 1:02 PM EDT

I like your way of thinking.

• 641 posts
    September 8, 2015 2:52 PM EDT

I'm surprised nobody has said "check in at a doctor" yet.

• 268 posts
    September 8, 2015 3:25 PM EDT

I'd take it and become Elder Scroll Man! (name pending)

Just draw that thing in somebody's face and bam! Instant blindness/insanity. Most. Effective. Crime. Fighter. EVER!

• 161 posts
    September 8, 2015 5:29 PM EDT

I would go to Bethesda and show it to Todd Howard and tell him to take me to Tamriel.  I mean If hes not a God he must be a Moth Priest of some type.  

• 131 posts
    September 8, 2015 5:47 PM EDT
    Burn it..
    • 16 posts
    September 9, 2015 5:29 AM EDT

I would give it to the Illuminaty! Oh wait...what's this...

They are already here...

• September 9, 2015 10:14 PM EDT

Give it to the government because I know they would screw it up and cause chaos. Why?

Because some men are not looking for anything logical...