Forums » The Lounge

Musical Russian Roulette

• 700 posts
    February 4, 2016 9:05 PM EST

Ha, eyup, that's pretty much how I feel. I actually threw it on just last week and loved every minute of it. 

• 700 posts
    February 4, 2016 9:07 PM EST

I'm glad you and Shin understand! It's good to know there are fellow fans of Tchaikovsky around these parts. 

• 54 posts
    February 4, 2016 9:47 PM EST

I don't have an MP3 player. So, I'm just going to use a random number generator to decide what channel, and what song. Here we go! I got... this! Very good represation of what I listen too, just needs a bit more of a... Celtic and/or action music touch to really represent me.

• 54 posts
    February 4, 2016 9:49 PM EST

Oh my god, the composer I had, he has an orginal Skyrim song. I never knew.

• 457 posts
    February 4, 2016 10:55 PM EST

You know, I gave it a listen, and you're spot on:

• 457 posts
    February 4, 2016 10:56 PM EST

Sweet!

• 457 posts
    February 4, 2016 11:00 PM EST

Spin it!

"My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Mama" by Frank Zappa.

Awesome :D

• 1467 posts
    February 4, 2016 11:39 PM EST

Figured it's about time for me to be so late to the party that I missed the people that were late 

Round 1: Stars by Fun - I enjoy about 75% of the song, it gets a little grating towards the end but I love the rest so it's a win for me

Round 2: I'm so Sorry by Imagine Dragons - Another win, the ending to this is just awesome.

Round 3: Easy Money by Bruce Springsteen - I love the Wrecking Ball album, I just don't care either way about the song. I'd say it's in my top 10 on the album but it's kind of hit or miss depending on the day. Still a win in my eyes because I enjoy it

Round 4: The Troubles by U2 - I hadn't listened to it before, but it sounds pretty sweet so a meh but not a loss.

Round 5: I Bet my Life by Imagine Dragons - Another song that I love, so another win

Round 6: Death to my Hometown by Bruce Springsteen - And to finish it off one of my top 3 from the album, so another win

• 1467 posts
    February 5, 2016 12:33 AM EST

Forgot to answer the bloody question...

I guess these songs represent my taste in genres if nothing else. Imagine Dragons is Alternate Rock/Rock, Springsteen is Rock/Folk (I guess? Well Wrecking Ball is I guess) and Fun has the Rock/Pop kind of vibe I guess. U2 is a hit and miss thing for me, I love some of there songs, dislike others, I'm not a big fan of the free album but it's free so I can't hate it much.

Other acceptable artists would be Queen, Kiss, Billy Joel, Coldplay, Lindsey Stirling, Miricle of Sound, Pentatonix and... There's probably some others I'm forgetting right now.

• 457 posts
    February 5, 2016 1:49 AM EST

It's funny that you should mention Springsteen. Sunday dinner at my folks w/ brothers, sisters, and their families, my mom starts handing out dulcimers, ukuleles, guitars, spoons, an auto-harp, and cigar box banjos, a bass and who knows what else and says, "Here, watch this youtube video... we're playing this song." It was a Bruce Springsteen cover of "Oh, Mary Don't You Weep" by Bruce Springsteen.

We were terrible xD

• 1467 posts
    February 5, 2016 2:16 AM EST

I don't even want to image my family singing, Springsteen or anything else  We just aren't that musically talented. 

• 394 posts
    February 5, 2016 6:08 AM EST

Sounds like you come from a very musical family: I can see where you get it from :)

• 394 posts
    February 5, 2016 6:10 AM EST

'Someone Like You' by Paolo Nutini (from 'Caustic Love').

Yep.

• 184 posts
    February 5, 2016 6:12 AM EST

Oh gosh, I love BrunuhVille! 

• 457 posts
    February 5, 2016 10:45 AM EST

According to all the howling dogs w/in a three mile radius... neither are we xD

• 457 posts
    February 5, 2016 10:48 AM EST

Had to look that one up... that's a sweet song!

• 394 posts
    February 7, 2016 4:29 AM EST

Q: How do you make a soul singer?

A: Cook a duck in the oven until its bill withers. 

Thank you, thank you: I'm here all week.

"Ain't No Sunshine" by yes: Bill Withers 

• 5 posts
    February 7, 2016 7:48 AM EST

Lazarus by David Bowie

Cool stuff, I like it.

• 457 posts
    February 7, 2016 10:42 AM EST
    xD

I've got that one on my generation one Dell Digital Jukebox... awesome, AWESOME song :D
    • 457 posts
    February 7, 2016 10:52 AM EST
    Cool song (but dark). That man was unafraid to let his freak flag fly xD
    • 54 posts
    February 8, 2016 12:16 PM EST

Yes! Spread the word! If you haven't already, this guy and this guy are both worth listening too as well. Or, if you want something with lyrics, this guy makes some good songs, some about video games too.

• 457 posts
    February 8, 2016 1:40 PM EST

Aaaaand...

"Mr. Jones" by Talking Heads. Fun song :D

• 54 posts
    February 8, 2016 2:23 PM EST

How does a picture represent me so perfectly?!?!?!?!?

• 457 posts
    February 8, 2016 2:58 PM EST

I quickly threw it together... as is evidenced by the double 'and' in parentheses on the bottom (SO stupid! xD)

• 394 posts
    February 9, 2016 6:30 AM EST

"Diamond Dogs" by Bowie. Yes!