Forums » The Lounge

Musical Russian Roulette

• 184 posts
    February 15, 2016 8:15 AM EST

by Mikko Tarmia

by Lorne Balfe

Seems my shuffle is a bit melancholy today. 

• 457 posts
    February 15, 2016 10:05 AM EST

Sometimes a little music with a sad vibe is JUST what the doctor ordered ;D

• 457 posts
    February 15, 2016 10:11 AM EST

Again...

"Reconciliacion" by the Afro-Cuban All Stars. I was wondering when salsa was going to make its way into the rotation for me xD

• 184 posts
    February 15, 2016 10:15 AM EST

Haha, oh man. XD Salsa always brings back memories of playing the Sims 2 as a little kid and I have no idea why...

• 54 posts
    February 15, 2016 8:14 PM EST

Let's see what now!

For the first track I got BrunuhVille again, Dawn of Love. Huh, good music, but the title is a bit... sappy.

The second is... Farewell Life! Okay, I'm too depressed to do more now. I mean, come one, first we have love, then suicide? That's some messed up stuff. Fine, one more.

Forest Children! So, it went from happy to sad to mysterious. Yay!

• 184 posts
    February 23, 2016 2:59 AM EST

Oh here we go, some DDO now. XD This game has a lot of good memories.

Some more Amnesia ambiance. 

U2's Fast Cars. I don't listen to U2 much anymore, but it's still there. 

• 215 posts
    February 23, 2016 7:31 PM EST
    Was watching a new show called Breaking the Band on AXS channel. The band that night was a young band from Finland (I think) called Santa Cruz. Been rocking their newest album (2013) really liking Wasted & Wounded.
    • 1441 posts
    February 24, 2016 1:18 AM EST

I got this horrifying ending from Stardust Crusaders season 2 episode 3 (28 if you take season 1), the style is based off a manga one of the characters uses to tell the future. 

• 457 posts
    February 25, 2016 8:21 AM EST

I'd not heard that U2 song before... cool!

• 457 posts
    February 25, 2016 8:25 AM EST

Had to look this one up: it reminds me a lot of the stuff that was circulating when I was in high school... it's like a time machine to the 80's :D

• 457 posts
    February 25, 2016 8:28 AM EST

Daaaang, Chris! You're into some crazy stuff xD

• 457 posts
    February 25, 2016 8:36 AM EST

Don't know what the deal is, but it's been a while since I've been able to actually access the site on my computer. I'm on now, so I'll spin again...

"Pretty Pimpin" by Kurt Vile. Don't quite know what it is about this song I like so much (or why I'm slightly embarrassed that it came up). Perhaps it's because it kind of reminds me of Dinosaur Jr from back in the day... blended with a bit of Skynyrd... it's a weird marriage xD

• 184 posts
    February 28, 2016 10:13 AM EST

by Hans Zimmer

by Jed Kurzel

A little bit wicked this time.

• 1441 posts
    February 28, 2016 10:54 AM EST

Here´s one of my favorite Yu-Gi-Oh openings, aside from the original

• 457 posts
    February 29, 2016 6:49 PM EST

Those are both pretty darned good pulls... I like the stuff I've heard from Hans Zimmer, and while I'm not familiar with the Macbeth soundtrack, "The Battle" has a really cool vibe. I don't often play music while I play, but this is something that I wouldn't putting on while I play Skyrim :D

• 457 posts
    February 29, 2016 6:53 PM EST

I like that one as well!

(But my favorite bit of music I've seen come from you has been "Moscow" by Dschinghis Khan... it's been months, and my kids still bust that out or start doing some of the dance steps xD)

• 1441 posts
    February 29, 2016 6:55 PM EST

Hahahahaah yes! I have succeeded 

• 1441 posts
    February 29, 2016 6:56 PM EST

One of my friends got me into this song, 

Imagine a parent singing this to their child

• 457 posts
    February 29, 2016 6:58 PM EST

Aaaaaand...

"Fairly Local" by 21 Pilots.

This one is my daughter's fault--they've been getting a lot of play from her and some of it has rubbed off onto the old man. Still, I like what I've been hearing from them.

• Tim
    • 92 posts
    February 29, 2016 7:56 PM EST

Alright, I'm trying to find that random button again. . .

Ah yes, what a beautiful start. "Because I got High" by Afroman :D

"The Wizard" by Black Sabbath. My parents showed me this a little while ago, and I quite like it. And Black Sabbath in general.

Some song by Van Halen. Probably about sex :P. I don't know the name though, but it could be "Ain't Talkin about Love" or something like that.

Assassin's Creed 4 song. Pirates n' stuff, you know.

"Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution" by AC/DC. Hey, an AC/DC song that doesn't at least vaguely reference sex (I don't think?). What are the chances of that? :P

Alright, number six. Oh, hey, another Afroman song. I think I may have actually got this one last time I did this Shin, lol, it's "Colt 45"

I dunno if you listen to every song that everybody puts up on here, but I can guarantee that the Afroman songs are amazing :D

• 457 posts
    February 29, 2016 9:28 PM EST

I have no idea where or how, but I've heard that one before--pretty funny (but pretty messed up xD)

• 457 posts
    February 29, 2016 9:43 PM EST

"Some song by Van Halen. Probably about sex" 

I'll be laughing for days at that... so true! xD

Because of some awkward moments in the past, if I'm curious about a song or artist (and who wouldn't be curious about someone named Afroman) I run through the lyrics before I check it out. If it passes the would-I-be-okay-if-my-kids-hear-this? test, I'll spin it. "Colt 45" came nowhere close to passing that test, and "Because I Got High" ALMOST made it, but the 2nd to the last verse was a bit too much for me. I'm a bit of a prude xD

• 184 posts
    March 1, 2016 1:26 AM EST

They are bloody awesome soundtracks! I was very pleased when I landed on them. :)

• 394 posts
    March 1, 2016 5:41 AM EST

I like his Gladiator soundtrack

• 394 posts
    March 1, 2016 5:44 AM EST

Raphael Saadiq: Come On Home