Forums » Elder Scrolls

Where would you live in Skyrim?

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 4, 2015 3:39 PM EDT

I imagine you'd be quite acquainted with Nazeem.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 4, 2015 3:43 PM EDT

Indeed it is. A small, secluded piece of paradise? I'm thinking of the Forgotten Vale now...

• 134 posts
    September 4, 2015 3:47 PM EDT

Given my indecisiveness, I have two.

It's not technically in Skyrim, but the portal is - I'd go with the Soul Cairn. I don't find it that depressing, plus it's the best return-favor for Durneh-bro. Maybe I can soul-trap a few followers to liven up the Reaper's crib after I repossess it!

As for a location actually in the province, then maybe I'd set up shop next to the Crabber's Shanty. The river and the mountains are perfect scenery, and you have visiting crabbers to trade with and talk to. It's also close to Morthal for alchemy supplies, but maintains the feel of the Reach.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 4, 2015 3:53 PM EDT

Soul Cairn? That's odd. What is it that makes you want to live there?

• 134 posts
    September 4, 2015 4:03 PM EDT

Not entirely certain, but I'd get to hang out with Durnehviir, and with the souls just drifting along the roads (outside) there's plenty of space for real estate development!

Also, security. I don't think anyone would be robbing/assassinating me when their target is surrounded by creepy lightning and skeleton summons. On top of that, (besides the DB) only Serana and Valerica know of the portal - the former is a good friend and the latter is pretty grateful for our services, so no back-stabbing there.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 4, 2015 4:08 PM EDT

I see. But I think those skeletons and the lightning could be trouble for you.

• 168 posts
    September 4, 2015 4:17 PM EDT

In life - Lakeview Manor. I love the place and it's ideal for raising a family.

In death - Moonshadow. From its description I believe Moonshadow is more beautiful than Sovngarde.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 4, 2015 4:23 PM EDT

Interesting, imagine how unpleasant it would be bumping into one of these:

• 168 posts
    September 4, 2015 4:53 PM EDT

At least I wouldn't be half blinded because only mortals who visit Moonshadow have this effect!!

• 65 posts
    September 4, 2015 5:23 PM EDT

Windhelm all the way stormcloak for life.

• 24 posts
    September 4, 2015 5:23 PM EDT
    Personally, id live as an adventurer/ranger, so id probably live on the move and camp in a place like this.
    Except maybe during the winter, Where id live in a hunters cabin or with join the guards of whiterun to winter to keep warm during the winter months.
    • 404 posts
    September 4, 2015 5:29 PM EDT
    Peace and quiet life is pretty great. Fighting with the guards do sound fun. :) Glad you desided to join the family.
    • 641 posts
    September 4, 2015 6:49 PM EDT

Raven Rock if it's aloud! If not I would lead the Dunmer out from the oppressive rule at Windhelm and move down to volcanic tundra where I would build a Velothi style village around the Bone Strewen Crest.

But seriously I would probably live in Markarth. I'm from Scotland so the rain, mountains and mist really appeal to me. Also for some reason The Reach feels like the most adventurous of all the Holds in Skyrim. It just feels like a place where anything can happen with the Reachmen camps, Orc strongholds and dwemer ruins. Also living in an actual open air dwemer city would be amazing!

• 98 posts
    September 4, 2015 8:19 PM EDT

Proudspire Manor of course. I'm a fancy boy.

• 51 posts
    September 5, 2015 10:51 AM EDT

I want to live under the "Honningbrew Meadery".i'll renovate the place and turn it into an underground tavern/inn while I illegally take wine above my tavern/inn .It's hidden and secluded from the threats of the outside world and it gives off a trademark of the inn (first successful inn in a freakin cave!!!) or maybe I can just buy the meadery from Maven but that's a bit trickier and harder than the underground inn/Tavern.....

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 5, 2015 12:43 PM EDT

Of course it is allowed. I hadn't considered it... Great idea about that village, if you built it, I could potentially leave the fancy stuff and join it. I actually wouldn't even have gone to Solitude, provided, of course, I was a Dunmer and not human.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 5, 2015 12:45 PM EDT

A never ending supply of booze, huh?

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 5, 2015 12:50 PM EDT

Good, seize the opportunity!

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 5, 2015 1:03 PM EDT

Good tie-in!