Forums » Elder Scrolls

Who .... are you?

• 29 posts
    August 31, 2015 10:32 AM EDT

So aside from character builds or themed run-thru's, when it comes to finding "stuff" in Skyrim, which category do you fall into?

http://www.dorkly.com/post/59899/the-6-types-of-skyrim-packrats

• 71 posts
    August 31, 2015 1:01 PM EDT

I'm probably closest to the sentimentalist, actually.

• 485 posts
    August 31, 2015 1:41 PM EDT
    It might help to post those images from the link here. No sense in having to follow an external link to see what you're talking about.

Me I'm definitely a minimalist. Whether we're talking perks or items I take only what I need to make the character feel complete. I'm hardly ever encumbered because I have a good idea of what's valuable and what's rubbish.
    • 29 posts
    August 31, 2015 2:12 PM EDT

I just can't help myself - blame Oblivion's painted troll fat! I have to hoard everything, just in case it's the only one of its kind.

• 268 posts
    August 31, 2015 2:18 PM EDT

MAXIMUMALIST!

I am forever at war with my inventory for not having enough space. It sucks, since almost every character I play is an alchemist, so I end up with so many ingredients stuffed in my pockets that I barely have enough room for anything else.

• Tim
    • 92 posts
    August 31, 2015 3:23 PM EDT

Oh, definitely a Maximualist. I cram as much shit as I can possibly carry into my inventory. This happens in Fallout too. I usually hover at around 30 pounds beneath my max weight, so I'm constantly searching for something of a slightly lower value or higher weight to drop lol. I always have tons of money, no matter what kind of character I play :D

• 1595 posts
    August 31, 2015 5:16 PM EDT

Probably I am a sentimentalist.

• 1217 posts
    August 31, 2015 5:18 PM EDT

Minimalist by the way it's described, rather than the way it's portrayed. My inventory is still nuts, but it's only got stuff I can use.

• 694 posts
    August 31, 2015 5:51 PM EDT

I feel like I've done all of these things at one point or another. Most closely I'm probably sentimentalist but not for every little thing and only when it makes sense RP-wise, like for a major quest line. 

e.g.- Member of the Dark Brotherhood kills Commander Maro and takes his steel greatsword afterward. Not because it's unique or necessarily desirable, just to have as a symbol of retribution. Then stick it on the weapon rack in the master bedroom of the Dawnstar Sanctuary. That kind of thing.

• 411 posts
    August 31, 2015 10:13 PM EDT

I am a foodie. Giants toes are the best!

• 649 posts
    September 1, 2015 10:04 AM EDT

Minimalist. I can have only one armor in my invetory, two pairs of boots, three pairs of gauntlets, one helmet, one weapon like sword or axe, one bow, 30 arrows, 4 daggers, few books, 10 potions, 10 poisons, few bottles of water and some food for two-three days travel.

Maybe I should be called "Realist" 

• 65 posts
    September 4, 2015 10:26 PM EDT

I'm the butterfly annihilator, except it's more bunnies that butterflies.

• 95 posts
    September 4, 2015 10:40 PM EDT

Maximumist-Sentimentalist hybrid.

• 457 posts
    September 4, 2015 11:13 PM EDT
    In Oblivion I was a sentimentalist (books in particular).

Ditched that mindset in Skyrim (it was too much like real life xD) and now am mainly a minimalist. I do become a maximumalist pretty quickly though when I take on a build that utilizes enchanting... 23,000 daggers and soul gems, all preparing to be enchanted with the beloved Banish Daedra enchantment ;D
    • 394 posts
    September 5, 2015 6:05 AM EDT

Maximumalist! I need help...