Forums » Elder Scrolls

Lycanthropy & Vampirism: would you ever really?

• 275 posts
    November 12, 2015 6:36 AM EST
    Vampire... Because you can choose who you want to feed from, like bandits or cruel orphanage caretakers.
    • 694 posts
    November 12, 2015 1:22 PM EST

Vampire assassins for justice!! 

• 47 posts
    November 13, 2015 9:04 PM EST

Well..I'm not sure that I'd want to have fur coming out of my ears or have eyes with a hunger to them.

Assuming I wouldn't have control over transformations as a wolf, I'd have to go vampirism. They have somewhat of an ability to blend into society if they want, and the wits/power that would come from it are appealing.

• 161 posts
    November 14, 2015 12:41 AM EST

So I would love to be a Werewolf if I was in Tamriel. Absolutely (Preferably Wereshark bc I love the Sea and to be "The Terror of The Sea would be cool.) Real life? No Never ever. I would hunt them for moral reason and HUNTING IS FUN! 

ps. F*** Vampires can Suck DEEZ NUTZ 

• 127 posts
    November 21, 2015 3:08 PM EST

Given the choice, neither.  I'm quite fond of my humanity, and would like to keep it that way - all that spiritual mumbo-jumbo doesn't seem to sell it to me.  Hunting Grounds vs Coldharbor is irrelevant, and both Molag Bal and Hircine are rather deplorable deities I'd rather avoid being indebted to, let alone be 'granted' eternity in their realms.

At gunpoint - or rather, swordpoint - despite preferring werewolves as a general rule, I would choose to be a vampire.  I'll take that added lifespan to do things and have a laugh, and when I've had enough, take a few days to not feed and then step out in to the Market of Solitude to die.  End it on my own terms.

• 40 posts
    November 21, 2015 10:26 PM EST

If I actually had to choose, I would choose death, unless I really thought I could control it enough to possibly use it to eliminate other horrors from the world.

In game, I love werewolves, and while vampires are fun, too, I've always preferred the former to the latter. However, if I were, with my current morals and mental level, ever put in the position to become something which only lives to destroy, and given no other alternative than to choose which I would harm the world with, I would choose death, unless, as stated before, I could control it, for the same reason as listed above. I wouldn't want either.

All of that being said, however, to play along with the scenario, I suppose the one that would be more controllable (without serious Daedra worship/communion going on) would be vampirism. I don't have any self control in real life with junk food, so I would likely have similar difficulty with it, but the silver lining would be that I could, at least, probably sniff out people who were harmful to society and prey on them. Then, maybe, once I was satisfied with having taken some of the bad out of the world, I would turn myself in to be destroyed by a group that had some level of competence in doing so (if I hadn't already been rooted out and killed by then).

• 12 posts
    February 7, 2016 7:49 AM EST

I'd choose neither, but if forced, I'd pick werewolf over vampire. Mostly because I dislike Hircine a lot less than Molag Bal, tbh. 

As a werewolf I'd also try to just live a secluded life, maybe with others of my kind and hunt on wild animals, as far away from society as possible. Not foolproof, but it beats living in a city I think. Besides, I love hiking, so there's also that.

• 54 posts
    February 7, 2016 12:11 PM EST

Vampire. Know why? I fear death immensely. I believe that there is a god, who takes you after death. I believe, now this is just me personally, I believe that all people go to god after death, no matter what you did/or believe in. Then, you face trials for your actions. Killed 20 people? Maybe 20 centuries of torture or something. Or maybe something less severe, like 20 years, or months. Who knows, it's in the hands of God. Also, I believe after death you are cured of all things that happened in the mortal world, for example, say I'm a person who doesn't have a concept of empathy or mercy. I'm cured of that upon death, and understand that before I can go to heaven, I must pay the price if I killed anyone or something.

So why do I fear death? No idea, I just do. With vampirism, I can knock out prison guards, and feed only on the really bad evil dudes in prison. It's just me, even though I think being a werewolf would be more fun. But life isn't fun all the time, sometimes you have to make the hard choice. As in, I fear death for no reason I know, so I must be immortal until something kills me other then old age.

Don't judge me. xD

• 87 posts
    February 7, 2016 12:19 PM EST

I think my answer is very obvious. Prey awaits...

• 237 posts
    February 7, 2016 5:07 PM EST

That depends.  Are we going with vanilla Necromage perk, or unofficial patch Necromage perk?

• 694 posts
    February 7, 2016 6:57 PM EST

Dealer's choice, Librari! 

• 694 posts
    February 7, 2016 7:02 PM EST

No judgement from me, certainly!  People are free to interpret it however they like. I just personally dont know that I could drain another human's blood. At least with lycanthropy you can subsist on animals. It's just the loss of control that freaks me out, but I think, as Inge points out, that can be managed by sequestering one's self.

• 87 posts
    February 7, 2016 8:11 PM EST

If I must say aloud, Werewolf. If someone thought otherwise, there are furrows in the stonework beside you 

• 367 posts
    February 7, 2016 8:12 PM EST

Six months down the line and the pack's still growing.

Welcome to the Hunting Grounds wolf brother.

Awwwooooo

• 87 posts
    February 7, 2016 8:16 PM EST

I was the first. You know my feelings on packs

• 215 posts
    February 7, 2016 8:21 PM EST
    Vampires. Would not have to become a vampire Lord but just a regular vampire. Even being unable to function in daytime as lore suggests wouldn't be bad. Besides I could stay up all night playing Skyrim after I finished hunting.
    • 72 posts
    February 7, 2016 9:59 PM EST

Hunting on the plains with Aela

I don't even need to say anything, my work has been done for me.

• 237 posts
    February 7, 2016 11:11 PM EST

In that case, totally vampirism!  There are examples in various TES games of... I wouldn't probably say 'good' vampires, but at least those who control their darker impulses through Hold prisoners or through 'cattle'.  As a player, you can use your followers to feed!  This has been a thing in some vampire fiction as well, having friends who trust you to only drink a little in order to sate your appetite.  And abstaining is totally a thing.  I can't imagine it's much fun at first, but I like to think it'd be like the Mask of the Betrayer campaign for Neverwinter Nights 2.  In MotB you can deny your own insatiable hunger, which actually works out better in the long run, because how much you give into it determines how fast the hunger drains your soul away.  Soul drain bad!  Suppression good.

Maybe it's dangerous to strive for apotheosis through the acquisition of power at any cost, but I wouldn't be able to resist.  Necromage-boosted Enchanting is a hell of a drug.

• 237 posts
    February 8, 2016 12:05 AM EST

I read stuff while brushing my teeth, too!

• 54 posts
    February 8, 2016 9:46 AM EST

I mean, drinking blood would feel as natural as drinking water. And, as a vampire, you get to be what I always wanted to be. A old man, living in a secret underground library who is the smartest person in the world because of wisdom that came with his old age. Just need to figure out the people eating problem...

• 54 posts
    February 8, 2016 9:49 AM EST

And so is our... pack? No, that's werewolves. Count? No. Court? Maybe. Um... Whatever our group is called!

• 95 posts
    February 8, 2016 9:14 PM EST

If I truly had to choose between one or the other, I would WILLINGLY become a Vampire. Here are my reasons:

1) A Vampire has the power to appeal to and manipulate the minds and emotions of any mortal and possibly immortal being. This is a very useful technique/ability.

2) I already have abnormal strength as it is, so I'd rather have access to the powers that vampires have.

3) If I was to recieve the same/identical powers as the ones throughout Tamriel, then that means I could study how Paladin's make their magic stronger against the undead and use it on myself to make myself even more powerful than the average vampire. (Yes, I am referring to the infamous Necromage/Vampirism combo)

4) Lycanthropy, though it has it's advantages, literally relies on the rage and bloodthirstiness of the individual entirely to sustain itself and is way to messy. A Vampire has the option to choose to make a clean kill and then preserve the body for necromancy experiments and resurrections. Maybe even make the person their thrall instead.

5) Vampirism in it's own unique way, can lead to another possible form of Lichdom, or better yet, create a loophole for an aspiring Necromancer to become something even more deadly than a Lich. It all depends on the person.

• 224 posts
    February 18, 2016 12:14 AM EST

I would pick Werewolf, because I like the brutality of his nature, and I think Vampires are the most lowest kind of beings, also I like hunting Vampires, when I played Skyrim Imperial or Nord Werewolf I usually went to hunt Vampires as a healthy sport 

• 47 posts
    February 18, 2016 1:19 AM EST

Werewolf,  if I had no option. It`s easy to hide in Skyrim wilderness as a beast.

• 367 posts
    February 18, 2016 1:23 AM EST

As more members have willingly (and some not so willingly… you know who you are! We’re watching you…)

Sorry, I’ll start again.

As more members have willingly taken the beast blood and accepted Hircine’s gift (gift, not curse thank you!!!) I thought it would be of some interest to see how us Werewolves are standing against the delusional Vampires…

This is a bit of a rough count up.

Some members are willing to leap off the fence into greatness…

Others wish to fall into the deprived world of Vampirism.

Those who answer the call of the beast…Awwwoooo

The lost (Vampires)

21            (Hahahaha)

Surprisingly there is one person who, although have hinted at their preference in glory or vampirism, has yet to clearly state their Allegiance.

So I ask you Edana, will you join us in the glory of the hunt or are you hell bound for a life of unlife, cold, dark, and hunted by Hircine’s hounds…