Forums » Elder Scrolls

Lycanthropy & Vampirism: would you ever really?

• 66 posts
    September 1, 2015 12:43 AM EDT

That's true, I think vampires are the more deadly of the two. I just decided on approaching this from a different angle, which would be more enjoyable to live as and experience?

• 66 posts
    September 1, 2015 12:44 AM EDT

hmm, I wonder why...
    Well a wolf pack could use a good bear to tank.

• September 1, 2015 1:15 AM EDT

Yeah, I honestly think werewolves should be able to transform once per day on purpose...but, that they also should transform at random. Or tie it to the monthly cycle...or something. Make dogs attack you on instinct?

• 38 posts
    September 1, 2015 1:28 AM EDT
    Gaaahh!
    • 184 posts
    September 1, 2015 1:48 AM EDT

Sorry Sotek. 

I wouldn't become either of them. It'd be a horrible way to live - either as a beast or dead but blood-sucking, and whatever the case, I'd be a Daedric Prince's pet. My afterlife would suck.

If I was forced to pick one or the other, I'd go with werewolf for pretty much the same reason all of the others here would go with werewolf.

• 38 posts
    September 1, 2015 1:51 AM EDT
    Here's the thing. As a vampire you don't have to kill your victim. You're just like a big mosquito. A werewolf can't very well say " ok I'm just going to chew off your lower leg and then you can hop on home".

See?
    • 367 posts
    September 1, 2015 2:06 AM EDT

Nothing to concern yourself with Unhelpful. You still chose werewolf. Us lot in the Hunting Grounds? You'll have a great time.

*Andrew

As a Werewolf, you get to tear apart your victims then feast off their corpse. The choice of eating your prey alive is an optional extra. Vampires are just a pain in the neck...

• 184 posts
    September 1, 2015 2:12 AM EDT

True, Andrew, but I would rather rip up some wild animals than slink around in the dark and drink human/elven/beast blood. I may be a night owl, but my religion forbids the consumption of blood. 

• 38 posts
    September 1, 2015 2:31 AM EDT

@ Unhelpful - wild animals are ok.

@ Sotek -  *groan* - there's only room for one person to tell bad jokes around here...

Re the tearing apart of your victim, as I've said before that's just bad table manners. My victims (baddies) would feel a couple of little pinpricks and then go to sleep. I wouldn't be gnawing on their bones and then burying them in the dirt for later...

• 743 posts
    September 1, 2015 6:48 AM EDT

*Quickly joins Sotek's pack*

• 1 posts
    September 1, 2015 10:42 AM EDT

Despite how I talk, I don't think I could stomach the thought of willingly becoming either. They're both monsters, and I'd rather remain human.

I doubt I could ever live with the fact of being a vampire -- cold and undead -- but the werewolves don't sound appealing either. Would I want to lose my sanity to my inner-beast? No. Both seem so cannibalistic. 

It's hard to chose, but if I was forced to decide, I would say a vampire because 1) I know how to cure myself, and 2) I don't have to gorge myself on the flesh of my enemies. I'd probably get my serving of blood from animals. People...? *shudder* Never on people.

• September 1, 2015 11:07 AM EDT

Amen to that

• 394 posts
    September 1, 2015 11:39 AM EDT

Do werewolves live forever? If so, AHHOOOOO!!

I'd love the thrill of the hunt; Vampires are too cold and sneaky. Werewolves truly live. 

If not though, Vampire. I don't get out much in the day anyway 

• September 4, 2015 6:15 PM EDT

I'm late to the party but I'm a She-Wolf all the way.

Sotek can take me on the plains any time.

• 48 posts
    September 4, 2015 6:22 PM EDT
    Oh I thought she-wolf was a insult.
  • September 4, 2015 6:27 PM EDT

No, that's Sotek's polite way of calling me a bit*h.

• 65 posts
    September 4, 2015 9:43 PM EDT

If I was in Tamriel I would willingly become either of those. For example when you go into the soul cairn for the first time and Serana says "Ok either become a vampire (If you weren't already) or get half soul trapped, I would choose become a vampire then go get it cured right afterwards. Same with the companions I would become a werewolf then after I cure Kodlak I cure myself. But, if I had to choose one of these forms permanently I would choose werewolf for the same reasons as Sotek. 

• 65 posts
    September 4, 2015 9:47 PM EDT

I actually think werewolves are mortal, sadly 

• 743 posts
    September 4, 2015 9:52 PM EDT

Idesto , how come you'd want to be immortal? I see it as a curse, personally.

• 694 posts
    September 4, 2015 9:59 PM EDT
    I'm with you on this one, Rogue. That's a big "pass" for me on immortality. No rest for the weary.
    • 700 posts
    September 4, 2015 10:04 PM EDT

Reversible immortality is a different situation, I think.  There is an out besides death - all you need is a black soul and someone who knows the ritual.  Consider an indefinite extension of one's life rather than an unending life.  

• 38 posts
    September 4, 2015 10:16 PM EDT

My God, is this thread still going? Nice work, Edana!

Gotta say, I have to agree with my team-mate Legion on this one. Getting sick of immortality? Go mortal again!

It's like going vegetarian but then going back to meat again, only in the reverse.

• 65 posts
    September 4, 2015 10:17 PM EDT

Well I guess you guys are all right I mean imagine all the shit you'd see. Imagine that in real life you were on the ship with Christopher Columbus when his ship arrived in America you witnessed the slaughter of the native americans, witnessed all the great wars throughout time. That would be horrible.

• 694 posts
    September 4, 2015 10:26 PM EDT
    Even so, I don't think I'd have any interest in living a longer than normal lifespan. The whole undead thing really just does not appeal to me in any way.
    • 65 posts
    September 4, 2015 10:30 PM EDT

Well I'd want to live a little longer than the normal I say 150 years would be enough for me thenI'd see everything from the past (That's if I died this year.)