Forums » Elder Scrolls

Reachman: Good or bad?

• August 30, 2015 12:38 PM EDT
    I can't really tell if they're good or bad. I mean, they worship daedra, but so do the Dark Elves. Alot of people base if they're evil or not by the Forsworn, but they are a terrorist group of Reachmen. And the Forsworn exist because of a terrible thing happening to them. Though there are evil Tribes, such as the Crow-Wife clan, but that's ONE tribe. So what do you think? Good or bad?
    • 404 posts
    August 30, 2015 12:48 PM EDT
    I say they are alright sometimes. They are entreating to look at and fight against.
    • 98 posts
    August 30, 2015 12:49 PM EDT

Well, to be fair, it has never been confirmed the Reachmen actually worship the Daedra, it's just rumors. And if we wanna go by the rumors, they worship Daedra such as Azura and Hircine, which are probably some of the most ''morally-good'' Daedras out there. Regardless, I don't see how their actions are in anyway justificable. Maybe the lands were their property before, but they were driven out, they were beaten fair and square and they lost the territory. It's simple as that. It isn't right to act like wild savages and murder innocent people, some people who probably didn't even have anything to do with the rebellion against the Reachmen in the first place. The Forsworn's alignment is pretty much Chaotic Evil as far as I'm concerned.

• August 30, 2015 12:51 PM EDT
    Makes sense
  • August 30, 2015 12:53 PM EDT
    But no one condenms the argonians for going into Morrowind and slaughtering Dark Elves. How is that much different? They are pretty savage and wild, but that's the Forsworn, remember? The Reachman are generally peaceful. The Imperials, among everyone else, says Reachman are savages after Tiber Septim killed alot of them in a battle, but then you see Reachman miners and that Reachwoman in the Hags Cure having jobs, not being the "savages" that they're labeled as at all.
    • 98 posts
    August 30, 2015 1:06 PM EDT

Well the Nords never enslaved the Forsworn did they.

And well yeah, I can see the confusion, The peaceful Reachmen are pretty much neutral, don't think they fall in either the good or bad category. Rarely does a society fall into alignments to be fair.

• 743 posts
    August 30, 2015 1:21 PM EDT

They're violent savages that slaughter innocents. Pretty self explanatory to be honest.

• August 30, 2015 1:23 PM EDT
    Yeah. They could be considered neutral. But the Red Eagle I think could be considered good. Also, to slavery, the Reachman are basically treated like slaves, being worked to death, with bad conditions and little pay.
  • August 30, 2015 1:25 PM EDT
    Again, the Forsworn. Remember how peaceful markarth was while Reachman controlled it, and before Ulfric went in there?
    • 743 posts
    August 30, 2015 1:30 PM EDT

Im pretty sure sacrificing children to the Daedra isn't exactly peaceful.

There's a reason daedra worshippers are looked down upon in TES.

Also, Forsworn are reachmen.

• August 30, 2015 1:38 PM EDT
    Sacrificing children- Crow-Wife clan
    Forsworn- terrorist group of Reachmen, not the actual Reachman culture
    Daedra Worshipping- mostly the "good" or "neutral" daedra
    • 743 posts
    August 30, 2015 1:53 PM EDT

You're replies are entertaining, I'll admit.

The Reachmen, also known as the Witchmen of High Rock, are a tribal group of primarilyBreton descent who inhabit the Reach in southwestern Skyrim[1] and the neighboringWestern Reach in the east of High Rock.[2] Their ancestry includes not only Bretons, but spreads across many of the known races of Tamriel.[2] They mainly utilize primitive gear and hedge-magic, have a tribal appearance and nature, and typically inhabit makeshift fortresses built into caves and ruins throughout the Reach's battle-scarred landscape.[1][2] They primarily worship Hircine, the most primal of the Daedric Princes, although some clans are said to also dedicate ceremonies to Molag BalMalacathMehrunes Dagon and Namira.[3][4] Their shamans venerated the Hagraven "matrons", who in turn granted them knowledge of nature magic.[5]

Uesp Wiki

Need I say anymore?

• August 30, 2015 2:01 PM EDT
    Yeah, a few Clans worship the "evil" daedra, but they don't do any child sacrifice.
    • 743 posts
    August 30, 2015 2:04 PM EDT

Don't put evil in quotes. The prince of rape, for example, is inexcusable to worship.

Forsworn are evil. That's a fact, buddy.

• August 30, 2015 2:08 PM EDT
    I think it mostly depends on which tribe. Because the evil Tribes are few in number, I think it's safe to say they are generally neutral. And I know it might be a little bit annoying, but I can't stress it enough, the Forsworn are a group of Reachmen that form a terrorist group.
    • 98 posts
    August 30, 2015 2:09 PM EDT

Yeah but nobody is forcing them to work there therefore it's not slavery.

• 743 posts
    August 30, 2015 2:10 PM EDT

Name two tribes that don't worship daedra.

• August 30, 2015 2:12 PM EDT
    They actually were forced to assimilate into Nord society, causing the need for jobs, and with the Nords extreme xenophobia and racism, bad working conditions.
    • 743 posts
    August 30, 2015 2:12 PM EDT

^This 1,000 times.

• 743 posts
    August 30, 2015 2:13 PM EDT

Again, no ones forcing them to stay there.

• 700 posts
    August 30, 2015 2:13 PM EDT

I'd be more sympathetic if they didn't attack every living thing that entered their territory.  Whether they're good or bad is irrelevant when they're dead because they wanted to start a fight with a traveler.  

• August 30, 2015 2:15 PM EDT
    None. They worship a combination of Divines and Daedra, and they could even have completely different Gods. But they have a few evil Tribes, and mostly nuetal Tribes. We don't really know what they worship, besides Mara, Hircine, and Namira. And the Namira worship is exclusive to the Crow-Wife clan.
  • August 30, 2015 2:18 PM EDT
    Yeah, I have to agree with you on that. I just see what happened to them similar to what happened to Native Americans, and I'm 60% Native American, and it kinda makes me pretty sympathetic.
  • August 30, 2015 2:20 PM EDT
    They stay there because they want to try to keep at least some peace between Reachman and Nords. A Nord sees a Reachman owning a business, not being dressed in fur and bones, and he's like, "Oh, maybe their not that bad", see my point?
    • 743 posts
    August 30, 2015 2:21 PM EDT

Again, I don't care how many divines they worship. If they worship Daedra as well,they're evil.