Forums » The Lounge

Things that bloggers do that annoy you?

• 739 posts
    August 30, 2015 7:59 AM EDT

This is a recycled topic started by an old member (Narmis) that I found very amusing back in the day...

On a site like this there's always certain things that people do/say/post that drive you absolutely insane! 

• 'Circle jerking'
    • People who 'like' and/or promote their own content
    • Posting waves of garbage screenshots
    • Off topic posts
    • Stupid status's
    • Sky-Bronies! :-P

Many complaints are valid and universally disliked, some are downright petty......on this thread all are valid!

So let's have a rant!

What do other bloggers do here that bring you close to flinging your keyboard or mobile device against the wall!?

• 622 posts
    August 30, 2015 8:04 AM EDT
    People who ignore constructive critiscm and continue to make crap content!
    • 131 posts
    August 30, 2015 8:20 AM EDT

Hmm, when they argue. That's it really, you can always sift over everything else, but when they argue EVERYONE will know.

• 95 posts
    August 30, 2015 10:22 AM EDT
    Terrible pictures used in builds or other things. If the picture came out blurry, DON'T USE THE DAMN THING!
    • 485 posts
    August 30, 2015 10:25 AM EDT

I couldnt agree more.

Theres nothing that annoys me quite like taking 20 minutes out of my life Ill never get back to critique someones work, only for them to flat out ignore it and keep making the same mistakes. 

The only thing worse than that are people who lash out at you for lending constructive criticism. 

• 700 posts
    August 30, 2015 12:06 PM EDT
    I'm going to start petty. The phrases "without further ado" and "shameless plug". Acknowledging that you're promoting your own content that's probably at least a little off topic doesn't somehow make it okay. And "without further ado" has no place concluding a two sentence paragraph. Or any paragraph. Stop it.
    • 177 posts
    August 30, 2015 12:17 PM EDT

Something that people do that make me sooooo annoyed is when they promise they will act on constructive criticism, and never do. I mean if someone is trying to help you, why lie to them?! That will not help your work at all, so act on the advice! 

• 404 posts
    August 30, 2015 12:23 PM EDT
    Agreed.
    • 773 posts
    August 30, 2015 1:16 PM EDT

Even worse is when it gets grammatically mangled

'Without further adieu'

'With further a due'

Ugh!!

• 773 posts
    August 30, 2015 1:20 PM EDT

I do think its weird - and a bit annoying - when people come here and say something like this:

'It's great to be here. I've been lurking the site for years and read all of the many wonderful builds here on the site. I've joined so I can add my own build'

Their next post, usually about three seconds later, is the most woeful, unfinished, unpolished and unrefined build that you've ever seen in your life!

It's like they learned NOTHING from all that lurking 

• 457 posts
    August 30, 2015 1:21 PM EDT
    Without further ado doesn't bother me too much because the blogger is telling me that I have endured plenty of ado thus far, and that it is coming to an end.

"Without further adieu", on the other hand...
    • 743 posts
    August 30, 2015 1:22 PM EDT

^This

• 700 posts
    August 30, 2015 1:39 PM EDT

I forgot about that!  Agreed, that is worse.  I do admit, the first time I saw this misspelling, I wasn't sure.  I had both of these words in my head but wasn't sure what was correct.  Luckily it was 2013 and google was a thing.  

• 700 posts
    August 30, 2015 1:42 PM EDT

I think a lot of my trivial issue with it is that it comes after things that are actually no trouble at all.  An introduction isn't troublesome.  Even a few sentences of rambling is much trouble.  It just feels really out of place coming after something that is too short to have actually been any trouble at all.  Nah mean? 

• 485 posts
    August 30, 2015 2:02 PM EDT

The most irritating thing ever is when someone takes the time to write a Teccam grade essay on how much they love a build, and then they dont even bother to 'like' it......

I swear its like the entire Vault all at once forgot the significance of likes to the CB group 

Every so often I see a build with twice as many comments as likes, all of them rave reviews, but the build barely has 20 likes...

• 1217 posts
    August 30, 2015 2:04 PM EDT

Like first, ask questions later.

• 457 posts
    August 30, 2015 2:15 PM EDT
    1. Not a huge fan of people who make excessively rude comments, masked as constructive criticism. There's a HUGE difference between "Did you even playtest this?" and "Parts of your build make me wonder if you've fully playtested it. For example..." One makes people feel stupid and doesn't even provide specific feedback, while the other let's the builder know that there are some issues that need to be addressed and then points the builder in the right direction to fix those issues.

2. And, as others have mentioned, when you take the time to politely point out ways that could make a post better, and then the poster either ignored it or says, "Thanks, I'll make sure to do that on my next post." No time like the present, baby... FIX IT!!! xD

3. It bothers me when people flame or get trollish, then retreat under the protective arms of the phrase "Just sayin'" as if that magically makes everything cool. "You're ugly, the things you say ALWAYS sound stupid, you smell bad, you spell bad, and your thoughts (if you've EVER had an original one enter your head at all) are vague, vapid, and void. Do you ever look in the mirror and NOT curse the day that your mother hooked up with a toilet and nine months later had YOU? Just sayin...'" You're just sayin'? Well in that case, we're all good xD
    • 457 posts
    August 30, 2015 2:21 PM EDT
    Yeah, those people are morons! *whistles innocently and walks away*
    • 457 posts
    August 30, 2015 2:22 PM EDT
    Btw, what the devil are Sky-Bronies?
    • 457 posts
    August 30, 2015 2:24 PM EDT
    I can dig it ;D
    • 739 posts
    August 30, 2015 2:24 PM EDT

Haha!

Indeed! That line is like a virus in CB, I've always hated it...

You're not William Shakespeare fool! STFU! 

It's almost as famous as 'the thalmor killed my parents'

• 700 posts
    August 30, 2015 2:28 PM EDT

It's almost, almost to the point where it's in the same camp as auto play music, where I will click off the build if it has "without further ado."  

There was this status a year or so ago making fun of the Thalmor trope, and it was quite amusing.  I need to go dig it up...

• 739 posts
    August 30, 2015 2:31 PM EDT

'Sky-Brony'

Male members of the Tamriel Vault who find various ways of breeding the little girls tv program 'My Little Pony' with the world of the Elder Scrolls, either through builds, artwork or literature.

• 700 posts
    August 30, 2015 2:33 PM EDT

Maybe this is what I was thinking of.  

• August 30, 2015 2:37 PM EDT
    Vehemently arguing about stuff they don't understand. I'm a Lore host and I still occasionally have to throw in a disclaimer that I'm not some foremost expert on a specific subject (depending on the subject).