Forums » Elder Scrolls

Bugs/Glitches

• 2 posts
    November 15, 2011 7:54 PM EST
    I've run into some bugs in the game that can be really annoying. For example, I currently have a bounty in Markarth. And when confronted, the jail option doesn't work, there is no pay bounty option, and all I can do is fight and die.

I figure we discuss bugs we have found and how you've gotten around them. That way people can find help for these Nnoying occurrences.
    • 7 posts
    November 15, 2011 8:17 PM EST

i have this glitch i play on an older tv and the entire top half of my screen like the compass and notices i hopefully will solve this by going onto my ps3 display and changing it from the current setting

• 6 posts
    November 16, 2011 8:58 AM EST
    i was fighting skeevers and a hit them with frosbite and it flew into the ceiling and got stuck there it was awesome and wierd
    • 2 posts
    November 16, 2011 9:53 AM EST

1. One time when I got on my horse, my character disappeared. If I rode away from the location I got up on the horse I would not be able to get off.

2. Loading a game while wearing a Dragon Priest Mask gives me an invicible "head/face".

3. Not really a bug, but havent figured out if its possible to return to Skuldafn. (Left some very good stuff there)

4. Stuck jump animation, looks like my character was 'flying' 3 feet over the ground.

5. Various items getting me stuck/ killing me.

6. Walking towards a Forsworn mammoth pit and just touching the spikes (not falling on them) kills you quickly.

Edit: And ofcourse Ice Shards stuck in my flesh. Looks badass:P

• 132 posts
    November 16, 2011 9:58 AM EST

This is a useful bug, it will probably be fixed soon so use it while you can: After killing a wolf, reanimate it with a necro spell. Wait until it gets up, the kill it with the flames spell. Right before it dies it will go aggressive, and your conjuration experience will jump up a lot, an entire level at times.

Also, I've had freezes when dual wielding conjuration spells and destruction spells. Try to avoid summoning and shooting fire.

• 82 posts
    November 16, 2011 2:22 PM EST

I haven't really noticed any major bugs, I've only played a few hours because of work.  However, I was reading that there was a major bug having to do with the size of a save game file.  That if save game file gets too large, on the PS3 it's around 5-6 MB, then the came starts to lag really bad to being unplayable.  Anyone else experience this?

• 2 posts
    November 16, 2011 7:16 PM EST
    I've had some bad lagging on ps3 right after some loads. It usually gets normal in about 5-10 seconds
    • 12 posts
    November 18, 2011 6:58 PM EST
    Same. I'm around 7.5 meg. I occasionally get lag after a load, but it stabilizes shortly after.
    • 1 posts
    November 20, 2011 12:31 PM EST

i have found something which can be annoying when playing as a mage, but i dont know if it is a glitch. for example, i will wear robes which "increase magika regeneration by 100%". my magika regeneration bonus works only when there are no nearby enemies, as soon as an enemy appears, the regeneration bonus seems to vanish, taking ages before i can attack with magic again. please reply if this happens to you.

• 3 posts
    November 20, 2011 5:27 PM EST

With the Markarth problem, did you already serve your time in the silver mine? I did this and then when I broke out, I was arrested again but couldn't be sent to jail because the quest was completed, creating an infinite loop when you try to say send me to jail. The only thing that works is to fight it out.

• 3 posts
    November 20, 2011 5:49 PM EST

Same problem! The guards are stuck on "you're a conspirator" mode. I've had to wipe out the entire guard because they won't take money, arrest me or be persuaded. :/

• 132 posts
    November 20, 2011 6:06 PM EST

I've heard people describe this problem, supposedly you can just press B and back out of it.

• 1 posts
    November 21, 2011 11:41 AM EST

I have a similar issue in Markarth, but since completing the Forsworn Conspiracy, all I do now is use the dialog option to claim I have been framed, then choose the followup dialog option to submit -- the guards then just walk away and leave me alone.  I have since just started ignoring the guards when they demand that I halt since they no longer actually stop me to force a dialog, but quite obviously I have a bounty on my head or they would not recognize me and demand that I halt.  Really wierd...

• 1 posts
    November 21, 2011 4:24 PM EST

has anyone encountered a dragon shout bug? i had to make a whole new profile because even though i was absorbing the dragon souls and i had like 6 souls, i still couldnt unlock any of the shouts, it kept telling me i needed dragon souls....urg and i had like 40 hours of game time already. :(

• 3 posts
    November 23, 2011 3:34 PM EST

Yeah but then they just come up to me again and accuse. Rinse and repeat until I manage to hot-foot it out of Markarth haha.