Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favourite Lost Race?

• 641 posts
    August 29, 2015 3:13 PM EDT

Every fan of Elder Scrolls has a prefered race. Whether your a Nord fan, an Altmer lover or one of the Chosen People of the Dunmeri master race, we all have our favourites. But what about the races that have been mostly confined to myth and history? There has been many races big and small. Some have made a large impact on the world, others are slightly more oddball and lesser known but all are interesting. Here is a list of a few just to get the ball rolling:

.Dwemer

.Ayleid

.Falmer

.Kothringi

Now they don't have to be completely extinct, just uncommon enough to be "endangered." So who's your favourite?

• 404 posts
    August 29, 2015 3:20 PM EDT

Maormer are pretty cool, Atlantian styled Elves what's not to love.

• 411 posts
    August 29, 2015 3:24 PM EDT

Dwemer i like dwemer.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    August 29, 2015 3:32 PM EDT

Falmer, definitely. It counts that they are Mer, but their conflictual history with the Nords, their lore, architecture and all that leave me with no doubt about my choice.

Besides, they bring together two things that I enjoy: Cold and Elves. What's not to like?

• 649 posts
    August 29, 2015 3:38 PM EDT

I´m inclined to say Chimer, but they aren´t really lost, right?

But I´ll go with Ayleid. Something about them is cooler then Dwemer. Their ruins, their magic and while I really don´t know everything about their lore, the little I know is more interesting than Dwemer. At least for me.

But I really like the idea of "Dwarves" who are actually Elves.

• 694 posts
    August 29, 2015 3:42 PM EDT
    This may be obvious and also be up for semantics debate but... can I pick Chimer? :) I have a feeling that maybe it would be your pick too...? :D
    • 773 posts
    August 29, 2015 3:51 PM EDT

It's not exactly the same question, but this poll from June might be an interesting bit of research

• 649 posts
    August 29, 2015 3:53 PM EDT

Of course it would be his pick, you don´t even have to ask.

Though I wonder if Aldmer are option too? Guess not, because Altmer and their society is almost the same as Aldmer.

• 694 posts
    August 29, 2015 3:56 PM EDT
    Haha, well if he doesn't count it I'm wondering what his pick would be. :P
    • 98 posts
    August 29, 2015 4:11 PM EDT

Dwemer by a milestone. Even with all the mystery surrounding it, their culture is probably the most fascinating in TES lore, in my opinion.

• 641 posts
    August 29, 2015 4:58 PM EDT

I'm totally going to allow Chimer because they are awesome and I'm totally biased .

But no love for the lost races of men? Yokundan, Kothringi ect?

• 649 posts
    August 29, 2015 5:12 PM EDT

Actually no. No Yokudan, no Kothringi, no Atmorans or whatever. In most of the games I´m really pro human, but in TES my attention belongs to Mer. Altmer and Dunmer are my favourite, Orsimer second favourite. Because they are elves!

• 71 posts
    August 29, 2015 5:49 PM EDT

Lilmothiit, for me. Something about fox people is just inherently badass; I can't help but feel they'd make excellent rogues.

• 641 posts
    August 29, 2015 7:04 PM EDT

Mer and Beasts, humans are boring 

• 1217 posts
    August 29, 2015 7:05 PM EDT

The Tang Mo and the Dwemer are the ones that intrigue me the most. I'd buy a special edition of an Elder Scrolls: Akavir game with the Akaviri races being playable.

• 159 posts
    August 29, 2015 8:08 PM EDT

As would I!

• 133 posts
    August 29, 2015 9:56 PM EDT
    Yes the Maormer are pretty legit. I wish you could explore their ruins or something ingame.
    • 1595 posts
    August 30, 2015 4:18 AM EDT

I've never like the Dwemer. If there's one race in TES which makes me come close to being a denier, a "not in my fantasy setting" type of person it's them.

No, I'm one of those 128 people who voted

My new goal for the day is to use this image as many times as I possibly can! Also, Kothringi? Is that the hipster vote?

• 641 posts
    August 30, 2015 4:46 AM EDT

Your really don't like the Dwemer Pil? How come?

• 13 posts
    August 30, 2015 6:56 AM EDT

Ooohhhh myyy I love that image. Did you make that, Phil?

• 1483 posts
    August 30, 2015 6:58 AM EDT

Ayleids for me. I'm fascinated with their magic harnessing the power of stars and constellations as well as their worship of both Daedra and Aedra alike 

• 1595 posts
    August 30, 2015 4:33 PM EDT

Not mine I'm afraid. I found it on a search of not saying it was Ayleids, but it was probably Ayleids and the link tells me it is from AskDovahkiin@tumblr.com. Sadly the link doesn't work or no longer exists.

• 641 posts
    August 31, 2015 5:35 PM EDT

Not sure if we can count the Tang Mo as a lost race, I mean for all we know there is millions of them running around Akavir.

• 1217 posts
    August 31, 2015 5:38 PM EDT

Couldn't the same be said of the Dwemer? The only difference is we know where the Tang Mo are supposed to be, but we don't know where the Dwemer are.

• 641 posts
    August 31, 2015 5:44 PM EDT

Not really the same though. We've never actually seen the Tang Mo  nor have we heard any rumors of them disappearing or being wiped out.