Forums » Elder Scrolls

Would You Rather... Skyrim Edition

• 411 posts
    August 29, 2015 5:27 AM EDT
    Murder the dragon Phaarthurnax!
    Would you rather give up skyrim forever and be able to play every other elder scrolls game OR Keep playing skyrim but not any other elder scrolls game.
    • 649 posts
    August 29, 2015 5:41 AM EDT

Give up Skyrim without second thought.

Would you rather play a sorcerer with no combat skills OR warrior with absolutely no magic?

• 773 posts
    August 29, 2015 6:17 AM EDT

In the first one, do you mean only one of my own hands, or one hand of my character? 

I just have visions of trying to handle my PS3 controller with one hand

If its the characters one hand, then I think that would actually be quite an interesting play through. From a role play perspective, you could make a character that had lost his other arm in a sword fight or something. Granted, you couldn't actually make a one-armed character (unless there s a weird mod that does that) but it would quite a fun idea to try a character that quite literally could only use the one hand.

• 773 posts
    August 29, 2015 6:19 AM EDT

Oh I'm supposed to pose a question myself? 

OK, would you rather that this site was completely wiped from the Internet (including all archives) if it meant that Elder Scrolls VI would definitely be released in 2016?

• 1467 posts
    August 29, 2015 7:14 AM EDT

Is Paul trying to tell us something???? 

I have ESO and Skyrim to tide me over until ES:6 plus I go on this site every once in awhile so I'd much rather wait 2 extra years to get ES:6...Unless that meant ES:6 would be bug-free. I don't want to play a Bethesda Game that works properly on release...

• 71 posts
    August 29, 2015 7:42 AM EDT

I'll take the hunting grounds. Probably not the best fit for a vegan, I know, but Pilgrim's Path was just so bleak. I can't imagine an eternity in the Evergloam.

• 71 posts
    August 29, 2015 7:44 AM EDT

Iron sword if I can smith it up. I actually did that with one character willingly; I only used tempered iron weapons. Can't beat that minimalistic aesthetic.

• 457 posts
    August 29, 2015 10:22 AM EDT
    This site is what keeps me finding cool and interesting things to do with the game I have... no rush for TES VI. It'll come when it does (and maybe I'll be finished with Skyrim by then... maybe ;D)
    • 700 posts
    August 29, 2015 10:28 AM EDT
    Warrior! A true warrior has no need for that cowardly magic nonsense.

Live in a town full of Nazeem -OR- live in a town full of Skeevers that have a 100% infection rate?
    • 694 posts
    August 29, 2015 10:45 AM EDT
    Oh, I did mean your character only has one hand. No using the offhand whatsoever. Could definitely make for some interesting gameplay!
    • 694 posts
    August 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT
    I'm with these guys. Can't give up the site; there's way too much awesome content and community here. Elder Scrolls fans everywhere would suffer for it.

Would you rather have an immortal skeever nipping at your ankles all the time or have to fight Alduin on legendary once an in-game day?
    • 649 posts
    August 29, 2015 11:03 AM EDT

Immortal skeever nipping at my ankles. That at least sounds like fun. Legendary Alduin ins´t fun at all.

Would you rather play Oblivion on hardest difficulty or Skyrim on Legendary?

• 168 posts
    August 29, 2015 11:57 AM EDT

This site must live, no matter if TES VI is released or not.

Would you rather be born good or you would overcome your evil nature through great effort?

• 700 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:09 PM EDT
    Skyrim on Legendary, if only because I don't know the ins and outs of Oblivion.

Play only one character in Skyrim (without mods) until Tes VI -OR- play as many characters as you want, but the file gets deleted at level 10.
    • 649 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:12 PM EDT

Good choice. You really don´t want to play Oblivion on hardes difficulty...Trust me. Killing a rat for half an hour isn´t fun

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:26 PM EDT

Hmm, I'll pick the second and the last one.

I'd rather have no shouts at all. I barely use them, except when I want to do a "Dragonborn" run, and that only happens once in each of my "Skyrim universes".

As for the last one.... Marrying Elenwen, of course. No doubt.

Now, would you rather be the Last Dragonborn OR be the High King of Skyrim, with the Civil War never actually happening?

• 394 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:30 PM EDT

Easy. I'd adopt Braith. She just needs TLC, a loving and stable home environment and parents who are attentive, nurturing and firm enough to teach her impulse control and boundaries. *takes Dad hat off*

I almost never fast travel so that's an easy one too. 

Ummmm... I have to think of one now. Gimme a minute

• 394 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:33 PM EDT

Ok. Novice difficulty with no armour and no magic, or Legendary with maxxed armour and no magic?

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:39 PM EDT

Novice difficulty with no armour and no magic. I'd just need to use sneaking and a bow, not that different from what I like to do.

• 694 posts
    August 29, 2015 2:54 PM EDT
    Hmmmm. Dang. This is a good one. I'm gonna go with last dragonborn because I don't know that I'm the type to want to rule a kingdom. Lives are on the line either way so... Last DB. Lock it in.

A major city will be absolutely decimated by a dragon attack Helgen-style, pick which one: Whiterun or Riften?
    • 700 posts
    August 29, 2015 3:01 PM EDT

Goodbye Riften.  You won't be missed. 

Fight a fire dragon as a stage 4 vampire or try to kill an armored troll using only Frostbite? 

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    August 29, 2015 3:13 PM EDT

Riften, definitely. The buildings there aren't entirely made of wood, there is more water available to try and counter the fire and if all else fails people can go and hide in the sewers. Whiterun would be in a lot of trouble...

• 694 posts
    August 29, 2015 3:27 PM EDT
    True. Plus with Helgen wiped out nearby that's a dramatic drop in just the population in that area alone.
    • 133 posts
    August 29, 2015 10:01 PM EDT
    Here's my question. Would you rather never up your magic, and have to play a mage, or never up your health, and play a warrior?
    • 700 posts
    August 29, 2015 10:23 PM EDT

I'd rather play a warrior with no points in health.  I have, actually.  

Would you rather have to surrender and become the butler for Harkon or Miraak?