Forums » General Gaming

It's PAX Time Ya'll

• 641 posts
    August 28, 2015 5:09 PM EDT

So this week PAX Prime 2015 has started and pretty much every other gaming website is running streams of various events, demos and other fun stuff. So anybody checking it out? Have you seen any games\heard any announcements you are particularly excited about? Or just any fun stuff in general?  

If anybody wants to know what's going on and when there is a handy time table over at the offical PAX site.

• 773 posts
    August 28, 2015 5:43 PM EDT
    Well I must confess I'm not really familiar with PAX.

But I looked up your link and it looks really great - not simply big corporate companies showing off blockbuster games, but a really interesting mix of genres, topics, panels, seminars etc. I think I'd really enjoy that show!

And it has Felicia Day, and that's a big plus point for me!
    • 641 posts
    August 28, 2015 5:49 PM EDT

Yeah PAX is a fun show, it's less about big announcements and corporate promos and more about fun panels and events for fans. For instance Giant Bomb are streaming themselves playing Mario Party beacuse they hate the game but it's fun to watch 

• 641 posts
    August 29, 2015 12:11 PM EDT

If you want to watch 4 men descend in to madness then you should watch the Giant Bomb PAX Mario Party stream.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:10 PM EDT

Of the games attending the event, I'm eager for some Star Wars Battlefront gameplay. But what I'm really looking forward, and from what I got in a quick google search we sadly won't have, is more news on Mafia III. It is not that famous of a franchise, but I absolutely loved Mafia II and the sequel seems to have an awesome premise. (+ good music)

Check out the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AHIdQbs_mU

• 649 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:30 PM EDT

I loved Mafia I, because it was made by Czech company. It was back in the day when we used to make really good games like Mafia or Original War.

But 2 was a blast and 3 looks interesting. I am interested to see the differences. It is 20 years after Mafia 2, so I´d like to see how did America looked in that time.

• 743 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:34 PM EDT

English say "ya'll"?

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:37 PM EDT

Aye, Mafia 2 was also made by 2K Czech, no? I'm not sure about this new studio responsible for Mafia 3, but the trailer hooked me up.

Oh, and Vito is back! He's the old guy in the trailer. He now resembles Leo Galante a lot, and that's certainly a win... And ironical.

• 649 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:42 PM EDT

Hm, now you got me. I thought Mafia 2 was done by some other studio, but it was made by 2K Czech again. Hm, this restores a small portion of my faith in my country.

Vito´s back? Will they kill him too like Tom?

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:50 PM EDT

I hope not! But I heard that depending on the way you handle business (you'll be able to take over establishments and put them under your control, through your allies - the people you see in the trailer), your allies can betray you if they think you're isolating them, and that could lead to Vito ending up dead... But of course, I'll stand by him to the end.

• 641 posts
    August 29, 2015 2:47 PM EDT

Did you just call me English? 

• 743 posts
    August 29, 2015 4:24 PM EDT

British*

• 641 posts
    August 29, 2015 4:53 PM EDT

Sure, Scottish would be more accurate but I'll take that 

• 743 posts
    August 29, 2015 5:00 PM EDT

Oh sorry, for some reason I though you were in London.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    September 1, 2015 9:33 AM EDT

Acquisitions Inc. game was alright this year. I was drawn into the banter between players and how well designed the set was moreso than the actual plotline (screw Drizzt).