Forums » The Lounge

The Selfie Thread

• 145 posts
    March 18, 2016 7:38 AM EDT
    mobile is frustrating me. i'll have to do it later. i have a skyrim-related picture in mind...
    • 184 posts
    March 18, 2016 7:40 AM EDT

You better not be thinking of showing us a picture of a Dragonborn.

• 145 posts
    March 18, 2016 7:44 AM EDT
    i'm not! 0:
    • 184 posts
    March 18, 2016 7:45 AM EDT

Good, good. >:)

• 23 posts
    March 18, 2016 8:07 AM EDT
    Ah no thank you
    • 457 posts
    March 18, 2016 10:46 AM EDT

Thanks Teccam! :D

Actually this was around Duncan's Cove (it's called Hogback on Google maps, but I never saw any signs calling it that, so we've just been referring to it as Duncan's Cove). It's a bit north of Bodega Bay.

I have been a bit below Mt. Tam, but never got the chance to do the hike proper. I'll get it done one of these days, though ;D

• 56 posts
    March 18, 2016 3:26 PM EDT

That's so awesome that you have a big family. I have 11 siblings and I am the second born. I think you can confirm if I say that it is chaos and harmony at the same time with such a big family   

• 457 posts
    March 18, 2016 3:46 PM EDT

True that! xD

My wife just happens to be the 2nd oldest of 12 as well... I suppose after a lifetime of chaos and harmony anything less starts to feel too quiet ;D

• March 18, 2016 4:30 PM EDT
    It fits the edginess
    • 56 posts
    March 18, 2016 5:11 PM EDT

hahaha that's true as well 

• 72 posts
    March 18, 2016 5:29 PM EDT

That's the hair flip to end all hair flips.

• 130 posts
    March 19, 2016 10:41 AM EDT

Can't handle my swag.

• 485 posts
    March 19, 2016 12:55 PM EDT
    Swag is for boys. Class is for men. :)
    • 248 posts
    March 19, 2016 1:39 PM EDT

Me and dogmeat (aka Harper) exploring the wasteland (aka Red Rock Canyon, Las Vegas). Not a selfie but, since I'm knee deep in Fallout, seemed appropriate. :) 

• 130 posts
    March 19, 2016 6:14 PM EDT

Did you think I was being serious here?

• 694 posts
    March 19, 2016 6:15 PM EDT

Red Rock! Nice. I was just out in Vegas over Christmas. Didn't make it to RRC; so wanted to though. Were you camping or just a day hike? I hear they have some great single track mountain bike trails out there I would have loved to shred. 

• 248 posts
    March 19, 2016 6:18 PM EDT

We were there for christmas visiting friends. Went hiking here a few times. I didn't see any bike trails (and I'm a mt biker too, so I was keeping an eye out). It's a crazy place. Lot's of steep stuff and cliffs. Kind of reminded me of a harsh version of slick rock in Moab, Ut.

• 694 posts
    March 19, 2016 6:26 PM EDT

That's crazy! We were both in Vegas over Christmas. 

I didn't know you were into mtb! I didn't think there were many cyclists on the Vault at all. I think there are two trails at RRC, or that's what I think I found when I was looking into it before I left. I was with family though, everyone was going in different directions over the holiday so I just couldn't find the time. Somehow managed to corral everyone to the Grand Canyon four hours away... couldn't seem to make it literally 17 miles outside the city limits. Haven't done Moab yet, definitely on the bucket list though. 

• 485 posts
    March 19, 2016 6:27 PM EDT
    Not at all. I wasn't trying to be serious either.
    • 248 posts
    March 19, 2016 6:36 PM EDT

Yeah that is a pretty strange coincidence.

You have to go to Moab - Slick Rock and Porcupine Rim are the best rides in N America! 

I honestly don't get out as much as I'd like...I live in San Francisco now though and have been looking to dust off the trusty steed and explore the coast and redwoods.

• 457 posts
    March 19, 2016 7:03 PM EDT
    Teccam's got me pretty interested in hiking Mt. Tam, which is in your neck of the woods.
    • 248 posts
    March 19, 2016 7:27 PM EDT
    Yes! Very close. It's on my list of outdoor adventures too Need more nature less screen time :)
    • 694 posts
    March 19, 2016 7:29 PM EDT

Man, I keep hearing that again and again and it just makes me want to go so much more. 

I'm in the Midwest, so packing up the car with my ride and driving all the way to UT never sounds like that much fun. I guess I need to just bite the bullet, fly out, and rent a bike there. I'm probably headed out to Brown County, IN for my next excursion though. Perhaps after that. 

Sounds like you have some great options out there. Spring is perfect for it, too. Are you solely into mtb? Or do you dabble in touring, commuting, etc. too? 

• 248 posts
    March 19, 2016 7:31 PM EDT
    Just mt. When I ride I prefer to be in the woods/nature. No roads, no cars. And truthfully, few people too. :)
    • 694 posts
    March 19, 2016 7:36 PM EDT

You're speaking my language.  Definitely get that.

I bike commute to work too, for similar reasons. Can't stand the crowded train or the city traffic. I'd way rather hit the trail every morning and evening.