Forums » The Lounge

The Selfie Thread

• 56 posts
    March 17, 2016 2:11 PM EDT

Ah, that's too bad about your band. Good luck with joining a new band if you ever decide to       

• 457 posts
    March 17, 2016 2:41 PM EDT

Since we're all doing updates here's the most recent photo of me I could find (from last summer... I am currently the least photographed man in the continental United States--some hermit from Alaska has me beat by a single photo xD):

This is me with 7 of my 8 children (the youngest is slung over my back in her car seat).

I was trying to show my friends how hardcore I was by hanging out at one of California's deadliest beaches, but a buddy of mine summed it up pretty well by saying, "Knowing your kids, you proved you're hardcore by spending 6 hours with them in the same vehicle... twice!" As I look back on that trip, I have to say that his statement is more astute than he probably realizes xD

• 184 posts
    March 17, 2016 2:44 PM EDT

Shinny, your family is wonderful! But how the heck have you survived so many children and gotten out in one piece?? Even the Dragonborn has it easy in comparison.

• 694 posts
    March 17, 2016 2:52 PM EDT

Is this the same trip when you made those tire huaraches...? 

• 457 posts
    March 17, 2016 3:00 PM EDT

Thanks TR! :D

Got a STRONG woman at my back (so much so that I refer to her a Mjoll the Lioness... but never out loud--heavens no, that would be suicide ;D).

• 457 posts
    March 17, 2016 3:01 PM EDT

YES!

How did you remember that? (I've been trying to forget xD)

• 184 posts
    March 17, 2016 3:04 PM EDT

Mad props to you and your lioness! You done real good. 

• March 17, 2016 3:11 PM EDT
    All I'll say is that if Edana was the face of the Aldmeri Dominion, the Stormcloak Rebellion wouldn't have happened.
  • March 17, 2016 3:14 PM EDT
    Ha, you're an oldy, Shin!

Out of curiosity, how old is your oldest and how young is your youngest? I'm curious about the age difference. I only have 3 siblings and there's still a 6 year difference between the youngest (myself) and oldest (my brother).
    • 40 posts
    March 17, 2016 3:17 PM EDT

Whoa, you went to Florence? That sounds great! How was it? Do any site seeing?

• 275 posts
    March 17, 2016 3:19 PM EDT
    • 275 posts
    March 17, 2016 3:24 PM EDT
    When the picture was loading I thought for a moment you would be carrying a giant blade over your shoulder.
    • 288 posts
    March 17, 2016 3:27 PM EDT

Well, in a way....

• 72 posts
    March 17, 2016 3:31 PM EDT

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU, FOUL HAIR-DEMON

• 184 posts
    March 17, 2016 3:34 PM EDT

Your hair is quite bloody impressive!

• 457 posts
    March 17, 2016 3:35 PM EDT

Yup! Half a ba-zillion years old ;D

The oldest (16) will probably seem more like an aunt to my youngest (9 months) than an actual sister--something about that makes me kind of sad... they'll be leaping out of the nest here pretty soon :(

• 694 posts
    March 17, 2016 3:38 PM EDT

I have literally no idea why that came back to me. I just remembered you posting that last summer and I wondered if it was the same trip. I have a very weird memory. 

They were quite stylish though! 

• 184 posts
    March 17, 2016 3:38 PM EDT

Oh no.  That is a bit sad.

• 649 posts
    March 17, 2016 3:46 PM EDT

• March 17, 2016 3:47 PM EDT
    7 years isn't so bad. My brother is 6 years older than me and we're best friends.
    • 96 posts
    March 17, 2016 3:48 PM EDT
    Yeah, I've been there for some time and it's not too far away, considering the fact that I life in Germany.
    I think I've visited almost everything "important". To name a few: The Basilica was very impressive and if you take the long way to the top, you can see all of Florence (absolutely worth it).
    The Academia was also pretty cool, I even drew the David^^.
    I also went through the Boboli gardens (if thats the right name). I think you need half an hour to get to the end, but even then it's still interesting because there are a lot of statues and other stuff to draw/take photos of.
    I'd say if you ever visit Florence, bring some time, as you wont be able to enjoy it otherwise.
    • 184 posts
    March 17, 2016 3:50 PM EDT

The youngest is nine monthsMatt, nine months. :(

• 485 posts
    March 17, 2016 4:03 PM EDT
    Fights where is your selfie?
    • 694 posts
    March 17, 2016 4:23 PM EDT

Blush. 

If I were head of the Dominion, the Stormcloak Rebellion would have never happened anyway. Don't think I'm capable of such oppression. 

• 203 posts
    March 17, 2016 4:53 PM EDT

Page 27... Thanks for the precision

And you're exagerating. Yes, your description is spot on, you look like an awkward 20 year old (I say this because I'm an awkward 19 year old), but it doesn't make you less lovely (I realize now that this word does sound weird when you're speaking of a man). I mean you seem like a fine guy, and from I know of you on the Vault is that you most likely are.

The only thing I would say is this: if that background is your apartment/room/whatever, liven the place up a bit man, those white walls are boring as hell.