Forums » General Gaming

Mad Max Game

• 649 posts
    August 28, 2015 3:10 AM EDT

I agree with Veloth that the game and Movie will be two separate things. They have their own story while they share the lore.

Arkham Batman is actually good example. It follows the same lore, but for example Todd went completely different path than in comics. I would actually say that games follow the lore better than movies.

• 288 posts
    August 28, 2015 3:12 AM EDT

Well, Star Wars as a trademark is no longer owned by Lucas, so we should probably expect more sh*t comming.

And, yes, the best SW games are set in the "extended SW universe", that is before (KOTOR), around and in between (Tie Fighter, Dark Forces, Force Unleashed) and after (Jedi Knight/Outcast/Academy) the original and prequel movies.

• 649 posts
    August 28, 2015 3:14 AM EDT

I´m in the phase of consideration if to buy or not to buy. If you´ll buy it, can I use you as test subject?

It really attracts me, because I really like the idea of "world gone mad". Cannibals, crazy people, psychos, real wasteland. These things seems to be better in Mad Max than in Fallout, but I´m still not sure if I´ll enjoy the game. I just don´t like games that doesn´t have much replaybility. That´s why I bought Thief long after it went out, because I knew I´ll probably play it only one time. Even while I had a real blast with that game, I still haven´t returned to it.

• 649 posts
    August 28, 2015 3:20 AM EDT

I agree on the list though I still have to play Force Unleashed though.

I would add Rogue Squadron, for some reason I loved that game when I was a kid. Also Pod Races game were kinda fun too.

• 288 posts
    August 28, 2015 3:28 AM EDT

I haven't played it either, but based on "reports" from "reliable sources" I believe it's good.

And, yes, Rogue Squadron was a fine game, however I never found the time at the time to play it, I just watched a friend play it

• 288 posts
    August 28, 2015 3:34 AM EDT

Hm, come to think of it, didn't you say the other day that torrent sharing is legal in your country and that you even have a pirate party in the parliament?

So why the dilemma, then? You can always try the game for free and only buy it if you like it.

• 649 posts
    August 28, 2015 3:43 AM EDT
    Not sure if it's legal but goverment rarely pursues people using it.
    And the reason why I don't download it... I'm lazy. More precisely I hate the troubles with cracks and other crap around it. Steam is really comfortable to me.