Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favorite in-game objects and collectibles?

• 149 posts
    August 25, 2015 7:59 PM EDT

I enjoyed collecting books. And the weapons you get from the Jarls after becoming thane. And those paragons from the forgotten vale. And food...

...Especially food. I like collecting food in Bethesda games for some reason.

In Fallout 3, I literally kept a pile of food at my house in megaton. It buried the bottom half of my refrigerator.

• 694 posts
    August 25, 2015 8:55 PM EDT

These are all really good looks. And Dawnguard added so many awesome trophies: the paragons, Arvak's skull, the pelts from the animals in the Vale... 

I like the idea of collecting food! Especially handy for cooking etc. Do you collect all kinds? Or just specific things? 

• 149 posts
    August 25, 2015 11:30 PM EDT

All kinds, honestly. 

• 367 posts
    August 26, 2015 12:36 AM EDT

I collect Alchemy ingredients, Apples, Wooden bowls and animal furs and lots of veal.... Along with empty bottles. They all have their uses for RP purposes and screenshots. There's also a blacksoul gem waiting for Ulfric. I've also got the bugs in jars with my alchemy bits and bobs.

Axe of Whiterun? Disenchanted... Sorry no value to me. Basically I keep anything that a werewolf could find useful. Everything else is for sale. If I have an excess of items to sell then I just stuff them on a corpse to get rid..

• 694 posts
    August 26, 2015 12:52 AM EDT

The corpses in my Skyrims are just riddled with so much Dragonborn-discarded junk it's not even funny. I have a very bad "take all" habit. 

• 367 posts
    August 26, 2015 1:00 AM EDT

When I first started playing Skyrim, I was the magpie of Argonians. My 'Take everything and the rest' aproach was shattered when Aela introduced me to the beast blood. it was that which actualy gave me the final push to put my Character build together. Thats a definate cure for collecting trash as it actualy forbids it.

Play as a werewolf, you won't bother with trash ever again.

• 1595 posts
    August 26, 2015 1:40 AM EDT

Books and Armour are the things I hoard and I'm terrible for it. Even characters who shouldn't care will still over encumbered by books and matching armour sets. "Oh look a steel plate helmet of restoration?" My mage will forget he's a mage and start thinking he's a paladin When I snap out of it I still won't sell it, rather it will get dumped in a chest somewhere with the other matching parts.

• 694 posts
    August 26, 2015 8:20 AM EDT

Books! Of course you collect books!  I've tried collecting books, but the bookshelves annoy me to just no end. The stacking and immediate tumbling is beyond maddening for me.

I do tend to accumulate far too much armor though. I thought the problem might be alleviated by the Dremora Merchant obtained through Untold Legends... but if anything I started picking up more because I figured, "I'll totally just sell this," but when it came down to it, I ended up keeping a lot of it instead. 

• 77 posts
    August 26, 2015 12:51 PM EDT

My mage collected shoes.  I don't know how it started but it became an obsession, with him grabbing every pair he saw and comparing it to his collection just in case it was one he missed.  I lined them all up in the Archmages quarters at the college.  Imagine how excited he was when he discovered Movarth's collection!

My necromancer collected corpses, for practical reasons of course.  He kept a varied and well supplied "stable" of corpses in Windstad Manor.  Need a tank to distract those Falmer?  Bring along a Bandit Chief in heavy armor.  Raiding a vampire coven?  Bring along a pyromancer to toast those leeches.

But one thing every character I play ends up collecting is the child's doll.  Those creepy little voodoo toys always end up filling a basket in my house and cluttering my companions inventory.

• 98 posts
    August 26, 2015 6:18 PM EDT

Dwarven pieces/materials. I always end up getting over-encumbered though, because that stuff is heavy af.

• 694 posts
    August 26, 2015 8:00 PM EDT

My mage collected shoes. 

I love this so much. It's just so weird and random.

Also the doll collecting is so amazingly, and awesomely creepy. Huge fan of this idea. 

• 694 posts
    August 26, 2015 8:11 PM EDT

Dude--that scrap metal is no joke. I would love to bring a follower into some of the ruins to carry some of that stuff since it looks so rad on display... but they just cannot handle those Dwemer traps. 

• 394 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:21 PM EDT

Simple. I hoard everything til l I can't move then I get my follower to pick everything up. 

• 394 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:53 PM EDT

If I had a £ for every time this has happened....

https://youtu.be/y5C3itd89yY

• 700 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:56 PM EDT

That was.  So perfect.  

• 743 posts
    August 29, 2015 2:06 PM EDT

Black soulgem for Ulfric? 

*grabs soul trap weapon and black gem* 

Gotta go through me first, bruh.

• August 29, 2015 2:19 PM EDT
    "Archmage, can I ask you something? What do you see when you look in the mirror?"

"I? I see myself holding a pair of thick, woolen shoes. One can never have enough shoes."