Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favorite in-game objects and collectibles?

• 694 posts
    August 25, 2015 10:47 AM EDT

Legion's thread on skull collecting got me thinking this morning. I know some of you are in-game hoarders collectors and have a tendency to accumulate things. Maybe it's in part because you just don't want to haul your loot to the nearest merchant... maybe you actually plan to use all that stuff at some point (lol)... but if you've ever collected in-game at all, you're probably like me and have had a few special trophies or a collection at one point or another. Maybe it's an object that when you saw it for the first time you thought... "That thing is coming with me," either for the RP, because you liked it, or thought it was funny.

As some of you may know, I like Torygg's War Horn. Because, well, it's the late High King's freakin' war horn! So, I'm asking: what are some of your favorite things that you've collected in your various playthroughs? A black soul gem filled with the soul of a detested NPC? The weapon of a particular fallen adversary? A dragon claw key? Or do you just prefer a drawer filled with say, every eidar cheese wheel from across all of Skyrim?

• 1467 posts
    August 25, 2015 10:51 AM EDT

Statues of Dibella  There's a fair few of them lying around.

I also don't mind collecting good old Troll Skulls, or Silver Swords.  

• 404 posts
    August 25, 2015 10:56 AM EDT
    Dragon claws, jewelry, gems, soul gems, armor, Weapons, etc. troll skulls are fun to keep.
    • 694 posts
    August 25, 2015 10:57 AM EDT

Ha! That's a good one I hadn't thought of. Do you take the time to line them all up or do you have a cupboard in save file somewhere that's just brimming with half-naked lady statues? 

• 404 posts
    August 25, 2015 11:01 AM EDT
    He could have placed them in a room in his manor with his gold and Jewels.
    • 694 posts
    August 25, 2015 11:03 AM EDT

Haha, sooooo... you just like it all then? 

• 694 posts
    August 25, 2015 11:07 AM EDT

Well I ask because the statue's appeal is (very) visual so I imagine it'd be awesome to have them either on every single space surface throughout an in-game house or just like lined up in a row somewhere.

• 404 posts
    August 25, 2015 11:08 AM EDT
    Yeah, I was thinking on filling some chests up with my things.
    • 694 posts
    August 25, 2015 11:16 AM EDT

Well I'd hope you're not hauling it around on your person! Otherwise your characters would be ridiculously jacked with a carry weight that's through the roof. 

• 404 posts
    August 25, 2015 11:20 AM EDT

true.

• 700 posts
    August 25, 2015 11:44 AM EDT

Before Dawnguard I would always pick up Soul Gem Fragments, hoping I could use magical super glue to repair them.  Once I learned that they were only useful for entering the Soul Cairn...I continued picking them up.  I find it funny to scatter them on the floor of my homes or in the street because they look like broken glass and I enjoy ruining property values.  Does Skyrim have janitors?  Or do the guards pull double duty? 

• 694 posts
    August 25, 2015 11:51 AM EDT

Ha! OK but seriously. Your curator build. What were some of your favorite things you collected while playing through that?

• 700 posts
    August 25, 2015 12:07 PM EDT

Ah, purposeful collection instead of just comic mischief.  Fair enough.  Falmer artifacts were one of my favorite things to have.  (Note: have.  Not obtain.  Screw the Falmer).  Weapons look like they have little green lights on them and are actually pretty decent.  In my RP, I wanted to show how an initially disadvantaged group of people was able to adapt and form functioning societies.  To keep with the theme, I would display all of my Falmer artifacts in the questionably lit basement.  

I would also pick Jazbay Grapes for decoration.  I still do actually.  
    There was a time when it would be considered treason to pick one of these grapes without express permission from the Emperor himself.

• 1217 posts
    August 25, 2015 12:09 PM EDT

The shiny stuff. I like collecting the dragon claws, the paragons, and the dragon priest masks. It's a shame there's no way to properly display it all without mods.

• 694 posts
    August 25, 2015 12:18 PM EDT

I completely agree. That's one of the things I wish Hearthfire would have done better. Those display cases are just so finicky. 

• 1217 posts
    August 25, 2015 12:20 PM EDT

One of the most important things Hearthfire should have gotten right, imo. Not a problem for those lucky PC players.

• 1483 posts
    August 25, 2015 12:22 PM EDT

Bugs in jars 

• 694 posts
    August 25, 2015 12:25 PM EDT

I'm so glad you mentioned bugs in jars!!!  I feel like they're an absolute must-have for alchemists who also love RP.

• 1483 posts
    August 25, 2015 12:31 PM EDT

I used to have them nicely lined up in Honeyside 

• 18 posts
    August 25, 2015 12:42 PM EDT
    I always play as a nord so I always collect nord mead and take it from all the people I've killed provided that have it on them lol
    • 700 posts
    August 25, 2015 12:49 PM EDT
    I collected Nord Mead for a few characters because of the song "Nord Mead" by Miracle of Sound. I'd link, but I'm on me phone.
    • 18 posts
    August 25, 2015 1:24 PM EDT
    That's kool .. After a battle I always stand there with bodies everywheres and drink me some mead lol
    • 694 posts
    August 25, 2015 1:46 PM EDT

I feel like if there was TV in Tamriel, Nord mead commercials would look a lot like this. 

• 18 posts
    August 25, 2015 3:08 PM EDT
    LOL .. Too funny
    • 77 posts
    August 25, 2015 3:14 PM EDT

I would say Meli kept specific things because they were given to her, or they were a new enchantment type, so they'd go on a weapon rack. The Axe of Whiterun was never sold, neither was the Shield of Solitude.

Meli is actually quite obsessive about hoarding, and keeps things in reserve in the store room, oh and the books, mustn't forget the books.

Trying to display things though is a nightmare, trying to get the butterfly jars to sit the right way up... dragon claws to stay in the display cabinet (or the children were playing with them, never sure which), and amulets of the divines breaking the laws of physics and penetrating solid glass..