Forums » Elder Scrolls

TES 6: A few ideas on what could be in it.

• 743 posts
    August 23, 2015 8:13 PM EDT

Yep.

• 627 posts
    August 23, 2015 8:17 PM EDT

I'd have to disagree with the online mode, simply because I'd prefer an amazing single player mode over the ability to lose to people thanks to Australia's shitty internet.

• August 23, 2015 8:18 PM EDT
    XD yeah, but a Arena and War battles has got to be pretty fun though
    • 207 posts
    August 23, 2015 8:22 PM EDT

I hope Bethesda makes the Guild Quests better in TES 6. Give them the time they deserve.

• August 23, 2015 8:30 PM EDT
    Yeah. I hope they be super creative too. Remember the DB in Oblivion? You crawled into crates to get into ships, and dropped heads ontop of people to kill them, and things like that. I hope they do that level of creativity, or even higher, in the Guild wuests in TES 6.
    • 627 posts
    August 23, 2015 8:34 PM EDT

Also these modes wouldn't really work out, for example look at all the bugs we've found in Skyrim to make certain things way more powerful than originally intended, there would be no way to balance it.

• 71 posts
    August 23, 2015 8:37 PM EDT

Customizable armor sounds awesome, and now I really want to see it added. It'd also mean (hopefully) no more vanishing horns/ears on argonians and khajiits. Hopefully the tail clipping issue will be fixed, too. I'd really like it if they brought back the individual armor pieces for this, too, so you could have mismatched chest plates and grieves if you wanted. Then you could craft a bandolier, shoulder plate, and cloak... If we're really lucky, they'll let us have more than one weapon appear mounted at once (think bow and sword for a ranger). Damn, now I'm really excited.

• 207 posts
    August 23, 2015 8:37 PM EDT

Don't remember it because i didn't play it, however i am looking forward to it.

I think i once watched a video talking about alternate factions. Like, if you are an assassin you could join the DB or the Morag Tong.

I actually ment the length. In oblivion i have to go to every city just to be able to go to fancy hogwarts. And i guess from there on the questline will still be long.

• August 23, 2015 8:40 PM EDT
    Ah. Yeah, I'm kinda fine with length.
    • 207 posts
    August 23, 2015 8:41 PM EDT

You wouldn't even need bugs to make it unbalanced. Just imagine a warrior investing in all three crafting skills against a mage...

• August 23, 2015 8:41 PM EDT
    Lol yeah. I would probably be a Wood elf with some type of dyed red and black leather and bone armor.
    • 207 posts
    August 23, 2015 8:42 PM EDT

Well, i think its most feelable with the companions. There Questline lacks substance.

• August 23, 2015 8:44 PM EDT
    Yeah, I just became a werewolf and then just ignored it.
    • 71 posts
    August 23, 2015 8:48 PM EDT

I pretty well agree with all of this, though I think seafaring would be a nice addition, especially if we go to Hammerfell like I predict. I wouldn't have it as a skill, personally, but sailing would really offer a change of pace in combat situations. Obviously it isn't the most apt comparison, but black flag really did wonders for breathing new life into AC; if done in true Elder Scrolls fashion I think Bethesda could pull off something similar.

The return of old skills (Spears and some form of athletics) would also be a big step up, imo. I'd like attributes back in full, really, just because I felt they added more depth to the game, for some reason. I'd also bring back classes, but have them work more like buffs than anything. So a warrior would do extra 10% damage with melee weapons, or something. Again, just to add some flavour and variety when building.  

• 627 posts
    August 23, 2015 9:11 PM EDT

There would also be a bunch of abilities that you couldn't use, most of illusion for example

• 72 posts
    August 23, 2015 9:25 PM EDT

About the AngryJoe video:

1. You're basing your opinion on a game on a guy that quite literally makes rant videos about games for a living? Really?

2. That video came out before Tamriel Unlimited, and so is very outdated.

2/10 Decent form, terrible arguments. -Fights

• 1217 posts
    August 23, 2015 9:27 PM EDT

Sorry, but no one should form serious opinions on anything based on AngryJoe. Even if his reviews were worth something, ESO has changed drastically since he made his video (unless he put out a new one).

• 622 posts
    August 23, 2015 9:28 PM EDT

Remember how shitty ESO was?

Actually, it's a brilliant game.

• 72 posts
    August 23, 2015 9:29 PM EDT

HA! Beat you to it Boro.

• 1217 posts
    August 23, 2015 9:34 PM EDT

Backin' you up XD

• 627 posts
    August 23, 2015 9:36 PM EDT

The key word being was, since it no longer is 

• 1467 posts
    August 23, 2015 9:44 PM EDT

I said ESO doesn't suck first so I win. XD

Some aspects of ESO were actually better pre-Tamriel Unlimited. The tutorial for one was so much better (For instance it allowed you to pick a weapon, not just force you into using a Greatsword... and it flowed together better. More dialogue and story but it took longer).

The story also seemed better paced pre Tamriel Unlimited. But the gameplay has had some serious buffs (and of course no subscription fees). I don't think it's possible to say that the game was so much worse before the update. It  really was still a solid game, it just made you pay too much.

Anyway I won't rant anymore about ESO...Diverting the thread I guess

• August 23, 2015 9:44 PM EDT
    They changed it? That's good. I saw a bunch of glitches, so I just set my controller down.
  • August 23, 2015 9:48 PM EDT
    AngryJoe doesn't really rant, he just points out a games ups and downs and then gives it a rating
    • 627 posts
    August 23, 2015 9:51 PM EDT

You still shouldn't make a judgement based on one person's video from months ago, especially with an online game since they regularly update those.