Forums » Elder Scrolls

TES 6: A few ideas on what could be in it.

• August 23, 2015 1:18 PM EDT
    1st idea: Armor customization

Something that I've never liked in TES games is how all armor of one type looks the same and generic. Something I want in TES 6 is something similar to Fallout 4's Power Armor customization, like killing a animal and choosing to use the skull as a helm, or a shoulder plate, things like that. You'll be able to choose different carvings in metal, dyeing leather, so you can create your character's ultimate armor that you have in your head.

12. Survival mode
    Basically you have to eat and sleep, and weather hurts you, and things like that, which brings us to our next idea.

13. Being able to build anything and place anything.
    So basically the same program as fallout 4, where you build whatever you want out of whatever you want. And maybe it can fit in with idea 13, like having to build a fire to cook and stay warm, and a shelter to be safe from storms.

2nd idea: Mixed races

In TES 6 I hope to see the option to choose of you'll be a pureblooded character, or be something like, for example, a Bosmer-Nord-Dunmer hybrid. You'll be able to see the heritage, because you'll have the muscular Build of a Nord, with the wrinkles and glowing red eyes of a Dunmer, and the tan skin of a Bosmer. Then you just choose all the other features, like any TES.

3rd idea: Battle scars

Just look at how much sh*t you find yourself in in these games. So wouldn't you want to be able to see the effects? Just imagine being a feeble Orc in the beginning of your playthrough, and by the end, a bada** Orc Warchief covered in scars by the end? It wouldn't only cause a bunch more immersion, but also just a just higher coolness-factor.

Perhaps another thing on injuries is going to temples of the Divines and paying for healers to seal your wounds before getting a infection(which would eventually kill you if you let an infection fester) and paying extra to get rid of scars, or, even better, doing it yourself.

4th idea: Warpaint customization

I hated in Skyrim how the only way to change warpaint is to go to that lady in Riften, and she comes with a DLC. Instead, maybe you can gather ingredients and, using Alchemy, experiment to make different colors and then choose the pattern. Though at the beginning, you just pick whatever you want.

5th idea: Hair

Don't worry, this is going to be a short paragraph. But you simply find the barber tools, and change your hair and facial hair, and be able to dye it. Again, using Alchemy to make the dye.

6th idea: Choosing your background.

So the beginning sequence begins(whatever it is) and you go into customization and all that. Remember Vampire Masquerade, and its character customization? You got to choose your background. Maybe it could affect gameplay and how others disposition is of you, like if your a Reachman, the hostile tribes wont attack you. And maybe, if you were a pirate, your ability to use a sword and sail boats is increased, which brings us to the next theory.

7th idea: New skills.

I hope new skills like, for example, Seafaring can be brought into the game. Just imagine being able to sail a boat, and it gets easier once your Seafaring skill increases. But, though as awesome as that would be, its probably not going to change.

8th idea: Online mode

Remember how shitty ESO was? Well Bethesda, this is your chance to redeem yourself. I don't want a MMO, I just want things like an Arena, or War mode, that is online or offline. See how each others characters fare against each other, while not turning it into an MMO.

8. Improved NPC interaction

Remember how in Oblivion you can increase and decrease disposition, and they'll have a look on they're face, and things like that? Then in Skyrim, "I hope a sabercat rips your face off, and Oh hello good friend!" Nothing new, just bring back Oblivions disposition system.

9.Multiple provinces/countries

So, imagine being able to go to multiple provinces, such as Valenwood, the Summerset Isles, and Elesweyr all combined. Not only extreme variation in architecture, multiple cultures to see, and a vast world, but it also might have a effect in plot, such as the Bosmer and Khajiit uniting against the Altmer to defeat the Aldmeri Dominion, causing a war only you can choose the outcome of. Which, I might add, brings me to my next idea.

10.Better Wars

Imagine how cool the War was in Skyrim? It was epic the first time, and had a great story, but was kind of boring(at least for me) once I beat it the first time. But imagine being able to use catapults, and other tools of War. And not only that, but add WAY more NPCs to defeat in one battle. You can only heal at the Priest stations, that will take you about 1-2 days to heal. The Priests will give you potions and use healing magic to get you ready for battle again. Plus, remember the scars? God, you'll walk out of the war looking like a bad**!!!

11.Culture showing in the things you make.
    It was already done in ESO, but what if whatever you make shows what culture your from? I hated how EVERYONE in skyrim had that "viking" feel, cause of what they're wearing. It would also apply to structures you make, like if your an Orc you make long houses and huts, or if your a Altmer, you use a lot of Eagle designs, and things like that. Just to add a little bit of realisim, and the option to see other cultures.

Comment if you want, and stay tuned, because this will be updated alot.
    • 404 posts
    August 23, 2015 1:34 PM EDT
    Man a lot of this sounds cool. Armor customization would be really cool with a Orc warcheif. I would love having a troll skull helmet like the one from Morrowind.
    • 743 posts
    August 23, 2015 1:40 PM EDT

I like all your ideas besides the last one. TES has no buisness being online, especially since they've already made an MMO just for that one purpose.

• 207 posts
    August 23, 2015 2:01 PM EDT

The ideas are pretty cool. But if they would include a seafarer skill, i would prefer it to be like the vampire lord/ werewolf skill trees, independent from the class skill trees.

Also i don't think the backround will be a thing. Bethesda can hardly include all the things players can come up with.

Armor customization would actually be pretty awesome. You could take a simple set like Steel plate and decorate it with stuff you have killed. If you could human parts you could become a serial killers walking trophy room. But i thing it should be inlcluded in the smithing tree, because i guess it takes skill to put a trolls skull on a helmet.

Don't think mixed races will ever be a thing. And if, then probably just two races combined. I think the heir of a half breed wouldn't get any of his granddads features passed down.

I really, really like the idea of scars.

• August 23, 2015 2:40 PM EDT
    Thanks for the input. Glad you like the ideas, I'm just hoping that some Bethesda people look at the Tamriel Vault, because it is a website that started off being completely based on Skyrim, so maybe they'll see this and put some in TES 6. Also, the background won't be anything fancy, just pick something, like "pirate", or " Ashlander" and that's what your character was, and can still be of you choose. And don't worry, your not the only one who would love to be a scarred badass. :D
  • August 23, 2015 2:42 PM EDT
    It's only going to be a online mode in the start screen, like choosing Arena, or War, and choose to be online or offline. Remember how badass the Arena was in Oblivion? Just choose Arena in the start screen, and wait for the server to be filled, and you begin battle. Same with War mode.
  • August 23, 2015 2:45 PM EDT
    If they include it, I'll probably do a playthrough where I'm a cannibal follower ofNamira, with human bones on my armor. >:D
    • 207 posts
    August 23, 2015 4:22 PM EDT

Like i said, perfect mobile serial killer trophy room. Would probably also fit a necromancer.

• August 23, 2015 6:00 PM EDT

I really, really like the idea of armor customisation. Imagine not only bones, but also feathers, claws, skin/hide and some dyes, as mentioned before Takes immersion to a whole new level, especially if enemies also have (fitting) customised armor. An Orc warchief for example would have a troll helmet, but not a low ranked bandit, he would have stag antlers at most. Or a necromancer could have bones of lesser creatures or even humans embedded in his robes. Im thinking Lord o' Bones of GoT here. Also, I would like the return of separating armor into breastplate and greaves, to have better customisation options. Shoulder plates would be nice but are not absolutely necessary in my opinion.

Great post anyway

• 404 posts
    August 23, 2015 6:06 PM EDT
    That is right, glad you like the armor customization.
    • 168 posts
    August 23, 2015 6:23 PM EDT

I like your ideas, especially the online mode part. If people want MMO Elder Scrolls VI so badly, go play ESO. All I want in ES 6 is improved look for Khajiits because the ones from ESO are nothing but humans with painted bodies to simulate fur and wearing cat masks. Even on vanilla Skyrim you can clearly see the details of the fur covering the body.

• 207 posts
    August 23, 2015 6:25 PM EDT

I would like the seperation of armor simply for the fact that i want pants.

• 1467 posts
    August 23, 2015 6:48 PM EDT

1: Yes, we need this. ESO gave us this, and really well 

2: No...No thank you. There is no logical reason for this, I mean from memory Races in Elder Scrolls are determined by the Mother (So a Male Imperial and a Female Breton would have a Breton Child), including Mixed Races wouldn't really add anything to the game that would be new, it certainly wouldn't be that interesting (You can already customize characters enough that this is pretty much pointless).

3: Nice, I don't think the idea of infections would be needed but Battle Scars is a great idea

4:I'm a little torn on this idea...On one hand Warpaint is cool but on the other hand I think that the way they let you change it in Skyrim is just fine, I always saw them more like tattoos anyway.

5: Don't really see the point of this unless they add Hair Growth like the Witcher, if they did that then sure makes sense but if not then it's kid of pointless. (I'll pick my favorite hair early on)

6: Nope. That defeats the point of Elder Scrolls. You don't have a Backstory and can build your own. That's what the series is defined by (Especially Morrowind - ESO). I don't want something that will change a key feature of the games so much.

7: New Skills yes. But not new ones, old ones. Bring back Unarmed, Spears (DO IT) and maybe Mysticism rather than introduce something as limited as Seafaring.

8: First of all ESO isn't shitty...It's a great game, incredibly well developed world with a very good core Gameplay. But anyway, unless it's Co-Op then I'm not really interested. I mean adding in an Arena or something will just turn it into a Multiplayer Game with a mediocre Single Player Campaign. We already have ESO, we don't need more ES Multiplayer.

• 207 posts
    August 23, 2015 7:11 PM EDT

You seem to be fond of the idea of reintroducing mysticism. I myself see it as something that would come with acrobatics and unarmed to keep the skills even. So what spells would you add in the mysticism school?

• 1467 posts
    August 23, 2015 7:15 PM EDT

Basically just Oblivion's Spells in that school (Plus Mark and Recall at the cost of Fast Travel). Actually you know what, screw Mysticism (I was just bringing it back to even it out) give us a Spellmaking Skill...

No Acrobatics, I think I said this in another recent discussion but you can just through Acrobatics in with Athletics (Along with running and swimming...No need to separate it).

But still give us Mark and Recall at the cost of Fast Travel...

• August 23, 2015 7:20 PM EDT
    Thanks
  • August 23, 2015 7:21 PM EDT
    Lol yeah me too. In Oblivion I run around with everything on except pants. Why? Because I can...
    • 207 posts
    August 23, 2015 7:23 PM EDT

Yeah i mean acrobatics in a dying light way, if the enviroment allows it.

I don't think ditching fast travel is a good idea, just disable it in an optional hardcore mode.

I was thinking, they could give mysticism the spells they took from skyrim, (absorb health/magicka, fortify skill, ...)

• 207 posts
    August 23, 2015 7:24 PM EDT

Enjoying the fresh air

• 1467 posts
    August 23, 2015 7:27 PM EDT

Again that kind of Acrobatics can be blended in with Athletics. If we're adding Free-Running to ES6 I'm all for that, it'd be absolutely amazing.

As for Fast Travel I still think that Morrowind did it far better than Oblivion or Skyrim. Having set methods of Fast Travel but other then them needing to walk anywhere made the game so much more immersive and made it much easier to explore the entire world naturally. Fast Travel really doesn't lend anything to the game other than speed-running. 

As for the Spells from Mysticism that is basically what I want (Oblivion as Absorb and Protection mostly. Alteration can give us back Burden and Feather to make up for the loss of Flesh Spells) though really Spellcasting would be way cooler. 

• August 23, 2015 7:32 PM EDT
    1. Glad you agree.

2. Yeah, but it would still be cool to the a tusked gray red eyed Nord.

3. Yeah. Infections would add more realism, and a need to spend money, because once I got my gear I bought NOTHING.

4. Its just my opinion.

5. Yeah, we definitely need hair growth. If not, then something similar to the robot in Fallout 3 that is also a barber.

6. It would mostly add skill increases, like Warrior adds Swordsmanship and Block increases, things like that.

7. I want both old and new skills.

8. Just watch AngryJoe ESO my friend, and let the magic happen
  • August 23, 2015 7:35 PM EDT
    XD
    • 207 posts
    August 23, 2015 7:40 PM EDT

I agree that spellcrafting sounds awesome.

I think Skyrim did it pretty good. Having to find something before being able to travel there.

I think fast travel is necessary, to be at least optional.

As an Example the Book of Love Quest. You have to go into all corners of Skyrim and in beetween you have to return to Riften. That would be artificially adding length to the game (And Elder Scrolls games don't need that).

On a Side Note: You play ESO right? ESOs light armor is equivalent to skyrims clothing and medium to skyrims light isn't it?

On another Side Note: I want being able to own a house in the next tes like oblivions wizard tower.

• 743 posts
    August 23, 2015 7:56 PM EDT

I still hate the idea.

• August 23, 2015 8:00 PM EDT
    Alright. Your opinion.