Forums » Elder Scrolls

Racial Benefits: How would you do it?

• 641 posts
    August 23, 2015 6:33 AM EDT

Well there is a Hist tree in Skyrim.

• 622 posts
    August 23, 2015 6:51 AM EDT

My mistake. Regardless, they don't need Illusion, they're neither magical nor unmagical.

• 28 posts
    August 23, 2015 6:54 AM EDT

As I said women of argonain are powerful mages and male are warriors, as argonain are only race with such difference between genders.

• 622 posts
    August 23, 2015 7:04 AM EDT

I disagree that male Argonians are stronger then females. But each to their own,...

• 207 posts
    August 23, 2015 7:06 AM EDT

I actually hate the gender difference. In the older games, where it where the stat and skill boosts where kinda important, i had to use the console to change my male argonians stats to the stats of a female argonian to play an effective mage-type character.

I also think argonians skill set is kinda weird. Does anyone remember the racial build contest/event? Was their an argonian build? I highly doubt it. They are not only the only race without a boost in a combat skill, IIRC they are the only race without a boost to one of the crafting skills.

While there daily power probably is the best daily power in the game, there skills seem to be... weird at least.

• 207 posts
    August 23, 2015 7:10 AM EDT

And i don't think female Argonians are necessariely more intelligent than males.

I could understand that beast races having different boosts depending on gender, because of a bigger sexual dimorphism, but i still don't like the idea. I'm a person that has a hard time playing a female char in a game like skyrim and i assume that there are women/girls that don't like to play as a male. And I don't like the idea of having to choose a gender to be better fittet for a certain class.

• 207 posts
    August 23, 2015 7:27 AM EDT

@Pau-Lius

I just checked the stat boosts of the argonians again. LIke you said Argonian women were designed to be powerful mages. But male Argonians aren't warriors, they get boosts to speed and agility, not to strength and endurance. Actually, they even have a penalty one endurance.

• 98 posts
    August 23, 2015 5:39 PM EDT

Lol funny that when I read this post I was immediately gonna mention the Imperial & Speech problem. It really is one of the most outrageous and mind-boggling things in the game for me. That, and Khajiit's daily power, Night Eye. I agree with you too in that they handled the daily powers pretty well expect with the Khajiit. At least give the poor cats something like an amplified/modified Elemental Fury or whatever.

• 28 posts
    August 24, 2015 7:27 AM EDT

Go and check argonian stats in morrowind.

• 627 posts
    August 24, 2015 7:34 AM EDT

Are you still going on about this? Ok yes this might look like a good idea on paper to some, but in action it doesn't work out that well, first of all it's restrictive which in a series where you can create any character you want is not a good thing, secondly it becomes overly complex since if you did that for argonians you would probably need to do the same for the other races because based off of the attributes in Oblivion they were different for each sex. (I only us oblivion here because I'm far more familiar with it than morrowind)

• 622 posts
    August 24, 2015 7:35 AM EDT

Morrowind =/= Best TES game

• 28 posts
    August 24, 2015 7:41 AM EDT

True

• 622 posts
    August 24, 2015 7:44 AM EDT

To be 100% honest, every single Argonian skill (save Lockpicking) in Skyrim CAN be used to effect combat - Paralyse spells, passing poisons unseen, poison spells and using light armor to protect yourself. My only thing would be to swap out Alteration for maybe One-Handed/Archery

• 641 posts
    August 24, 2015 7:51 AM EDT

I respectfully disagree 

• 622 posts
    August 24, 2015 7:53 AM EDT

With a name like Veloth, I'm not surprised! 

• 649 posts
    August 24, 2015 7:56 AM EDT

Then where is Morrowind build from the Queen of Argonians?

• 622 posts
    August 24, 2015 7:56 AM EDT

I don't play Morrowind anymore 

• 649 posts
    August 24, 2015 7:59 AM EDT

• 28 posts
    August 24, 2015 8:03 AM EDT

I am play testing it right now, also thanks, I needed a name for biuld.

• 207 posts
    August 24, 2015 8:14 AM EDT

Yeah, but restoration is ironically the only skill that can be used to kill someone by itself. You have to buy/find poisons, sneak needs a dagger paralysis won't kill anybody in skyrim. At least not if there isn't  some cliff near your enemy.

• 627 posts
    August 24, 2015 8:18 AM EDT

Well actually I once killed someone with mass paralysis, although I think it was a bug. I tried to feed on an npc and ended up agroing her so I used a scroll of mass paralysis waited an hour and came back to find she was dead.

• 641 posts
    August 24, 2015 8:20 AM EDT

Well you never know, if they finally make that Elsweyr ES game it might be bumped down to number 2 :-D

• 207 posts
    August 24, 2015 8:25 AM EDT

maybe she fell reall, really hard?

• 627 posts
    August 24, 2015 8:28 AM EDT

On a flat surface next to the road. Also it was Aeri just outside her house at Anga's Mill.

• 207 posts
    August 24, 2015 8:33 AM EDT

the ground of Skyrim is dangerous.