Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favorite armor

• 48 posts
    August 19, 2015 11:36 PM EDT
    Hi Caleb here, today I am going to talk about armor in skyrim put your favorite in the comment section my favorite armor is dawnguard full helmet and Nordic craved armor.
    • 641 posts
    September 3, 2015 6:50 PM EDT

I think Dwemer armor is the best looking heavy armor in the game, in fact probably the best looking armor in general.

Dragonbone armor on the other hand is horrible looking imo

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 3, 2015 7:21 PM EDT

Tough one, I can't definitely answer¹ this. I like Steel, Nordic Craved, female Ancient Nord Armor, the Dawnguard one, the Solitude guard armor, Elven armor, the Imperial light and heavy armor, Wolf armor... The list goes on.

Unlike most people, however, I don't like Dwemer armor.

¹Actually, I can: All of the Dunmer armors.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 3, 2015 7:23 PM EDT

Dude, how didn't you mention the Dunmer armors?

• 168 posts
    September 3, 2015 7:45 PM EDT

I think the Dawnguard armors are the best looking sets in the game, heavy or light. The heavy gauntlets and boots are good combined with other heavy armor to make a 'medium armor' look while using only heavy armor.

I'm also a fan of the Stalhrim sets, Steel Plate, Nordic carved, Orcish armor, Dragonscale, Ancient Falmer, Steel, Glass, and the various Hold guard armor sets. I prefer mixing them together rather than full sets.

My favorite outfit (currently) is: Dawnguard Heavy armor (white variant), with Steel Plate Gauntlets and Steel Nordic (or Steel Plate) Boots. Helmet is either Steel, Dawnguard heavy, or Rahgot (I like the mask). With a Steel Greatsword to complete the knight look.

• 641 posts
    September 3, 2015 7:47 PM EDT

Eh they are cool but nowhere near as cool as the armor designs from Morrowind 

• 133 posts
    September 3, 2015 8:06 PM EDT
    Good ole dragonscale for me.
    • 404 posts
    September 3, 2015 8:39 PM EDT

I also like what you like.

• 694 posts
    September 3, 2015 8:43 PM EDT

My thoughts too, Edd.

• 1217 posts
    September 3, 2015 8:43 PM EDT
    My favorite set is the Dwemer set.
    • 694 posts
    September 3, 2015 9:08 PM EDT

Morag tong sans helmet or blackguard. I tend to favor light armors tho. 

• 98 posts
    September 3, 2015 9:57 PM EDT

My favorite set would have to be Nightingale Armor, followed by the Thieves Guild Master's set. Nightingale Armor + Guild Master's Hood = Favorite Armor Combo by far.

• 1467 posts
    September 3, 2015 10:58 PM EDT

I think the choice is obvious and you've all gone horribly wrong  .

Bonemold armour is hands down my favorite. Though I do like Steel Plate, Nordic Carved, Ebony, Steel Dawnguard Heavy Armour, Dwarven...Alright so the Heavy ones, big fan of Heavy Armour...

IN terms of Light Armour... Well I like the Thieve's Guild and the Leather Sets... 

• 51 posts
    September 4, 2015 6:03 AM EDT
    I really like the leather armor for it gives the character an "adventurer" type of feel but add in a thieves guild hood then the character has a "thiefy, bandit-ish" kind of feel to it.

I also love the dragonbone and dragonscale armor sets, for me the sets look bad-ass and also I also like the akaviir armor because of its "samurai" style of armor even thoug i rarely use them.
    • 28 posts
    September 4, 2015 6:52 AM EDT

If I play as argonian then orcish, then as Nord scaled and steel plates (except helmet, it looks bad in my opinion)

• 71 posts
    September 4, 2015 7:36 AM EDT

Blackguard would be my personal favourite. But I also really like simple iron, hide, scaled, and leather armor. Mainly use light armor, nonetheless, but I like the aesthetic of the earlier armors. I find it easier to rp when my character looks as though he could simply be any other npc, I guess.

• 131 posts
    September 4, 2015 7:40 AM EDT
    Gotta be Stalhrim light armor.
    • 708 posts
    September 4, 2015 8:41 AM EDT

I really like the Thieves Guildmaster armour, pity it's so hard to get and isn't enchantable.

• 288 posts
    September 4, 2015 8:47 AM EDT

Daedric Armour minus the helmet plus a dragon priest mask.

And a greatsword on the back, of course

• 65 posts
    September 4, 2015 9:57 AM EDT

The Deathbrand armor is my favorite mainly because of the enchantments and the cool look. It's also considerably the best armor in the game. 

• 77 posts
    September 4, 2015 11:34 AM EDT

My favorite armor is the Ebony Mail.  I love the look and the unique enchantments.  I usually match it with the Apprentice Hood and Thalmor gloves and boots.  It's my favorite end game set for a mage of questionable character.

• 694 posts
    September 4, 2015 11:54 AM EDT

Was there ever any doubt? 

• 338 posts
    September 4, 2015 12:03 PM EDT

Chitin all day, every day.

• 134 posts
    September 4, 2015 12:50 PM EDT

Morag Tong armour and boots, with an adept hood and dwarven gauntlets. Equipped with a hatchet and Spellbreaker, it's a perfect Dwemer researcher!

• 17 posts
    September 4, 2015 1:15 PM EDT

I have always wanted to have a heavy armor character but am always drawn back to good ole light armor. I like the rugged and primitive look of the fur armor especially with just the kilt and cape.