Forums » General Gaming

**** this game!

• 700 posts
    August 11, 2015 11:20 AM EDT

I got Dark Souls 2 yesterday and after I loaded it up, I started thinking whether I should put some money away for a second controller, just in case my current controller were to suffer an accidental death against the wall.  But Dark Souls has never made rage that hard.  

Personally, Gears of War 3 multiplayer cost me three controllers and probably my liver health.  Considering the base game, the DLC, and the controllers, Gears 3 was approximately a $270 game for me. 

Can you remember the game that caused you to rage the most and what happened because of it?  Were you out a controller?  A keyboard?  A window?  

Do you have any particularly humorous quotes from raging? 

None of us are above rage.  So come share!

• 1467 posts
    August 11, 2015 11:27 AM EDT

I'm pretty chill with gaming but at the same time I'm not patient enough to deal with games that are ridiculously tough. I can't personally stand destroying my own property so I think the closest thing to breaking a controller was when...No I've never broken anything when playing a Video Game, well I did break a game once. Not physically but I accidentally did something in Oblivion which wiped the entire world from existence...Don't ask I have no idea how it happened.

Yeah I just don't rage out that often over Video Games. I'm not above Rage, I'm just too lazy to Rage

• 700 posts
    August 11, 2015 12:01 PM EDT
    Lol! "Wiped the entire world from existence." Never heard of that happening in any game. Fair enough though - at least all of your things are intact.
    • 694 posts
    August 11, 2015 12:06 PM EDT

So funny you mention controllers; I've never broken a controller out of rage from a game... but I have had some welling rage due to controller malfunction and lag. Specifically, I've had two PS3 controllers that suffered from horrible cases of phantom input, which is the most infuriating thing when it starts happening. I can't really pause, save, or quit when it happens because I can't navigate the menus from all the random input.

There's a fix for it, but god is it annoying when it starts happening. 

• 700 posts
    August 11, 2015 12:08 PM EDT
    Ah, understandable. I'm sure it's treating you well otherwise.
    • 700 posts
    August 11, 2015 12:29 PM EDT

Sounds rough.  Also sounds very, very, funny to watch.  

• 694 posts
    August 11, 2015 12:46 PM EDT

The first time it happened I chuckled for half a second and then immediately realized just how awful it was going to be. I go from neutral to irate faster than I'd like to admit.

The cause is a piece of foam inside the controller just getting compressed over time from use. You have to take the whole f*cking thing apart and fiddle with the guts. Controllers are cheap now, but I have a fix-it tick.

• 288 posts
    August 11, 2015 12:50 PM EDT

Back in the 90's my towercases were usually V-shaped at the top from my fists. But that was mostly due to poor performance rather than getting killed.

• 700 posts
    August 11, 2015 1:18 PM EDT

Seems like a design flaw Sony should have addressed.  Hopefully they did with the PS4.  I get the fix-it tick.  I've voided every warranty I've ever had on a controller or console by fixing the issue myself.  Or failing to fix the issue then using the warranty anyway.  Good thing fixing things is fun.

• 288 posts
    August 11, 2015 1:25 PM EDT

• 700 posts
    August 11, 2015 1:28 PM EDT

Dear god, did you hit it with a warhammer??  Was it made out of playdough?  I'm trying to wrap my head around the case being hit so many times that it didn't break, but bent into a V.  

• 145 posts
    August 11, 2015 2:15 PM EDT
    That progression of "haha, this glitch is hilarious" to "OH MY GOD STOP GLITCHING GAME I PAID GOOD MONEY FOR THIS" is hilarious. Like when a character starts, say, floating in the air and you're laughing at that, and then you realize they're in the way of where you need to go and you can't get past them... Then it turns to rage XD
    • 145 posts
    August 11, 2015 2:21 PM EDT
    When I was maybe 10, I would get SO MAD at Mario Kart DS. I never played as Mario, but of course, it seemed like Mario was the only balanced, good character. Like, Bowser was really fast but had horrible handling. But Mario... HIS Kart was perfect, it seemed. So here I am, poor little 10-year-old Xee, being BEATEN INTO THE GROUND by Mario because his Kart was just slightly faster, had slightly better handling and acceleration... I ended up biting my DS multiple times. There are teeth marks on my old DSi. Of course I'd throw the cartridge and yell at Mario, but I don't know why I bit stuff. Lmao.
    I ended up selling the game.
    Baby Xeelus was tired of being second best.
    • 558 posts
    August 11, 2015 2:34 PM EDT

Back when I was a CoD connoisseur, I sometimes got so frustrated I would try to snap my controller in half with my bare hands... I was never strong enough, though. I thankfully don't get salty as much anymore.

• 700 posts
    August 11, 2015 2:43 PM EDT

Have you played a Mario Kart since? 

• 145 posts
    August 11, 2015 2:48 PM EDT
    Once, on Wii, with my friend.
    I came in 11th.
    Haven't played since then XD and I especially haven't played as Mario!
    • 43 posts
    August 11, 2015 5:09 PM EDT

I somehow fell through the floor of the DB Sanctuary in Oblivion once, and I got so frustrated that I couldn't jump high enough to reach the door, that I was THIS close to shattering the controller against the wall. But then the phone rang and I calmed down. I then decided to do the responsible thing and reload. I'll will make that controller pay one day, I'll make sure of it!

• 700 posts
    August 11, 2015 5:11 PM EDT

Did you ever thank that person who saved you $60?  

• 558 posts
    August 11, 2015 6:48 PM EDT

*as salty

• 177 posts
    August 11, 2015 6:59 PM EDT

Well, as much as I would like to say I am too busy spreading happiness and laughter to be mad, but I am not! One sunny day, I was playing the lovely game of Dark Souls! As we all know this game can make a pony/perseon less than....stable. Well, I had finally made it past a horde of undead meanies and I was about to throw myself a victory party for getting past them and almost to the boss! But then...BOOM. I was tossed to the side, with my gear and body on fire! And keep in mind, this was like my 100000992339th try and I was not happy, not one bit! So in my state of un-pinkie like anger I threw controller at my door, which just happened to be glass. I went over and discovered, to my delight the controller was fine! Buuuuuut I didn't see the giant crack in the door. After lots of money spent to repair it I learned to keep my anger in check. 

• 1441 posts
    August 11, 2015 8:46 PM EDT
    I've never broken anything, but I'm mentally screamed, and muttered out replacement swear words, like frak, though I do use things like crap for instance, or ass, nothing too harsh.

I also, oddly enough, mentally hum God Save the Queen even though I'm American. I also hummed it when I watched a Nazi burn to death by Jewish prisoners in a camp in The Grey Zone
    • 72 posts
    August 11, 2015 9:34 PM EDT
    Weird. I also got Dark Souls 2 yesterday and stopped less than an hout later to play FO3 and Oblivion (Also bought yesterday) Half the time I didn't know what to do and the other half I was dying of fall damage. GG indeed.
    • 43 posts
    August 12, 2015 9:31 PM EDT

No, because it turned out to be a stranger with the wrong number.

• 237 posts
    August 25, 2015 2:58 PM EDT

I've never thrown a controller, but I threw Battletoads...

away

• 113 posts
    August 25, 2015 3:26 PM EDT

Wow.....