Forums » The Lounge

Favorite Friday jam?

• 694 posts
    August 8, 2015 12:57 PM EDT

I like what I've heard of Two Door Cinema Club and Arctic Monkeys. I'll be sure to check these out and add them to the list. Thanks Xee!

• 694 posts
    August 8, 2015 12:59 PM EDT

I agree with Xee! I love Tame Impala and what I've heard of Little People I like too. Thanks for this Shin! 

• 694 posts
    August 8, 2015 1:05 PM EDT

I know Kid Cudi (good pick btw!), but I'm somewhat unfamiliar with these others. Adding adding adding. Thanks Gollum! :)

• 145 posts
    August 8, 2015 1:10 PM EDT
    Also anything by Gotye or Pogo. They're so chill/upbeat and great to do anything to. Drawing, browsing the Internet, etc.
    • 694 posts
    August 8, 2015 1:18 PM EDT

I don't know Pogo; the only Gotye song I know is the one that was wildly popular a few years ago. Any tracks I should look at specifically in either instance?

• 145 posts
    August 8, 2015 1:25 PM EDT
    Well my favorite album by Gotye is Like Drawing Blood, so some songs I love from it are The Only Thing I Know, Coming Back, Thanks For Your Time, Hearts a Mess, etc. With Pogo, I recommend Simagism, Upular, Buzzwing, and the entire Kindred Shadow album lol. I know it's a lot of songs but if I had to narrow it down to a few that I love the most it would be Coming Back, Hearts a Mess, State of the Art (from another album by Gotye) and Buzzwing and Simagism.
    • 145 posts
    August 8, 2015 1:26 PM EDT
    Gotye is so much better than Somebody That I Used To Know. That song is almost bad compared to his other stuff, and none of his good stuff even gets recognized...
    • 694 posts
    August 8, 2015 1:30 PM EDT

Thanks for this Idesto! I haven't ventured into this territory too much previously, so thanks for a brand new look!

^^Though I have listened to some of samplings of My Blood Valentine, Supergrass, Verve, AND Blur... this was years ago now though. 

• 457 posts
    August 8, 2015 2:53 PM EDT
    I'll have to give that a listen... always looking for new stuff ;D
    • 145 posts
    August 8, 2015 3:34 PM EDT
    Gotye is pretty groovy. And his voice is great =P
    • 394 posts
    August 12, 2015 6:50 AM EDT

Faithless!