Forums » Elder Scrolls

Deadliest Warrior: Skyrim Edition - Volkihar vampires vs The Cir

• 47 posts
    August 4, 2015 3:47 PM EDT

After a pretty solid turnout in Alik'r Wariors vs Orc Warriors, here is the 2nd matchup. Sorry for the extended wait!

There used to be a tv show called deadliest warrior that would pit two individuals or two organizations against each other in a simulator using knowledge about weapons, armor, tactics, etc. To see who would win/is the deadliest. This matchup leaves the simulation to you. You decide how it ends. I'll keep track of the votes to announce an ultimate winner. I'll let it run for 24 hours. If votes are still coming in I'll give hour by hour extensions. 

In a battle of the werewolves of Whiterun against Harkon and 4x of his kind in a 5 on 5 matchup, who is victorious? They have access to all of their abilities.

Lord Harkon & 4x Volkihar vampires  vs The circle (Farkas, Vilkas, Kodlak, Aela, Skjor)

I'd like to hear your opinion on which group would win, and how close you think it would be: example- Vampires win with 3 remaining alive. If you want to take it a step further, you can give a breakdown of why the fight goes the way you think. (Think identifying the x-factor in the battle.)

• 207 posts
    August 4, 2015 4:55 PM EDT

While i like werewolves more  i think the vampires would win. If they are able to use all the vampire abilities at least. They can summon gargoyles (which gives them a numeric advantage), they can paralyse their enemies, heal themselves without offering themselves to attacks or having to finishing of an enemy beforehand, they could use supernatural reflexes and vampiric grip. Also they would may or may not be able to resurrect a fallen werewolf.

Werewolves have 3 abilities. They can only one have equipped. A Fear AoE im not sure works on undead. A detect life spell, not suited for combat and also not sure if it works on undead. And the ability to summon two spirit wolves. Because i assumed it for the vamps im going to assume it for the werewolves that they have the abilities all perked. That would make 2 spirit werewolves. And once one werewolf dies he could be ressurected by the vamps. And I assume he would be still capable of summoning the wolves.

Can Vampire Lords be ragdolled? If not another advantage for them if they are near a cliff. If they can be ragdolled than it would be a question of (supernatural) reflexes who would be thrown down the cliff first. If the fight happens near a body of water... instawin for the vamps.

I conclude that while im not sure about the lore, gameplaywise vamps woud win.

• 47 posts
    August 7, 2015 8:51 AM EDT
    You make some interesting points! According to on lycanthropy, werewolves stay in wolf firm when slain, and carcasses can be found in the gsme, so ithat is possible that they may be able to resurrect any companion that they kill.

Score 1-0 vampires
    • 743 posts
    August 7, 2015 2:19 PM EDT

The Circle.

It's basically warrior vs mage, and if the wolf can close the gap between it and the vampire, I believe they would win.

• 47 posts
    August 8, 2015 8:43 PM EDT

It would definitely be interesting. Both sides have supernatural strength/speed, so a VLords vs Wolves fight could be intense.

Score 1-1

• 558 posts
    August 8, 2015 9:32 PM EDT

I used to always be a big werewolf "enthusiast", but all of that changed when I read Dracula.

Personally I vote for the vampires because they have way more tools to work with.

I would say vamps win with four or five remaining.

• 1913 posts
    August 8, 2015 9:42 PM EDT

If we're going to use Deadliest Warrior logic than we have to throw away all logic and reasoning and science and just look at massive trauma and say "That's more gruesome, X is better than Y." and then you have the smooth sexy voiced narrator from 300 give a brief overview of what happened and then a brief history lesson on both sides.

• 558 posts
    August 8, 2015 10:02 PM EDT

But he stabbed that dummy faster than the other guy!

I still liked that show, and the game was fun, too.

• 1913 posts
    August 8, 2015 10:12 PM EDT

I did to. Mainly for the final fights, the medical examiner guy, and smooth voiced guy

• 98 posts
    August 8, 2015 11:03 PM EDT

I go with the Volkihar Vampires too. I think the vampires would be able to keep the fight ranged, and we all know that they win that category. Besides, the Circle have never struck to me as very powerful NPCs, while the vampires are, as far as I'm concerned, serious business. Mind I clarify that I'm going by in-game standards here, meaning that none would be actually transforming into Vampire Lord or Werewolf. Like I said I think the Vampires would win easily, with just one casualty in their team, Harkon and the other 3 vampires remaining alive.

• 47 posts
    August 9, 2015 12:49 AM EDT
    Finally some replies here!

3-1 vamps currently. I'll be adding my input after another vote or two
    • 55 posts
    August 9, 2015 4:06 AM EDT

Now here is a question: Are all Volkihar vamps vampire lord or just Harkon ? I haven't played dawnguard enough to remember if anyone else transform. If not, then the Circle would pretty much slaughter everyone except Harkon and then swarm him. Still, i suppose it would be close without auriels bow, but Circle would win with 1-2 members alive.

With 4 other vamps as strong as Harkon though, we would have another crisis on our hands, and vampires would win. 

• 47 posts
    August 10, 2015 2:10 PM EDT

Tolveor,

From what I can find, there is not a solid answer one way or the other. Some provide reasoning for Harkon and his family (Serana/Valerica) being VLords because they are pure blooded as result of a gift from Molag-bal while the others are clan members, but not lords. Others say that all in the castle are VLords which is why Orthjolf says 

• "You realise that doesn't impress anyone here" - If approached in the Vampire Lord form. (as found on elderscrolls wikia)

3-2 Vamps according to your first vote, which is most likely since we never see the others transform.

• 47 posts
    August 10, 2015 2:15 PM EDT

I think that the ranged attacks of the vampires would be too much for the circle to overcome. I could see the vampires taking down 1-2 of the companions to near death before even getting close enough to attack. The ability to summon gargoyles could be enough to hold a few of the companions at bay as well.  I could see the companions in wolf form taking out maybe 2 of the regular volkihar vampires before ultimately succumbing to wounds from Harkon and the fellow vampires. 

My vote: Vampires win with Harkon & 2 other volkihar vamps remaining.

4-2 vampires. 

Once the thread goes for 2 hours without another vote, I'll close voting and post the third edition of Deadliest warrior: Skyrim

• 47 posts
    August 10, 2015 5:41 PM EDT
    Final tally: 4-2 vamps.

Look for the next edition. Hopefully the lack of activity here (11 replies) compared to the 30 replies the first match up got was from lack of interest in the match up.

I'm open to ideas for future matchups. Feel free to message me or post them in threads as wishlist matches.