Forums » Elder Scrolls

What has been your favorite moment so far?

• 10 posts
    November 15, 2011 4:13 PM EST
    Was it when you left helgen? Your first dragon? Share your thoughts below.
    • 10 posts
    November 15, 2011 4:23 PM EST
    I'll start. I was fighting alongside some stormcloaks whom I were supposed to kill. Then, a group of bandits showed up too. I shot an arrow into the dragon, and it plummeted out of the sky into a small ravine. Then, other was a three way battle, with the stormcloaks, me, and the bandits. It was extremely intense, but I eventually prevailed by shouting the stormcloak officer off the cliff into the same ravine as the dragon.
    • 7 posts
    November 15, 2011 4:48 PM EST

Dark Brotherhood quest line. Always good for some excellent dark humor, plus they always end badly for the person in charge. Lucian might have had a gruesome death, but Astrid has him beat, I think.

Oh, and Babette is probably my favorite character. 300 year old vampire child? Awesome.

• 66 posts
    November 15, 2011 4:57 PM EST

seeing a troll fall off a waterfall

and omg when do I get to see a dragon, level 13 already!!

• 10 posts
    November 15, 2011 10:12 PM EST
    Yeah dragons are amazing. Go kill one as soon as possible, you can get fire breath...
    :p
    • 7 posts
    November 15, 2011 10:14 PM EST

You have to fight Mirmulnir near Whiterun, first. Just follow the main questline to that point._

• 7 posts
    November 15, 2011 10:38 PM EST

you can see dragons anytime i have not even gone up to high hrothgar and have already fought and killed not just a dragon but a blood dragon (the next level higher) i am level twenty by the way i think it goes by levels how often you see dragons i used to never see them but now i see them all the time

• 7 posts
    November 15, 2011 10:59 PM EST

favorite moment so far is when you went into the night mothers coffin and her eyes start glowing and she starts to talk scared the piss out of me i think i am scarred for life but i always have loved horror flicks 

• 6 posts
    November 16, 2011 8:56 AM EST
    i was runing through some ruins to get to the word wall when a draugh throughs the lid of his coffin i did a power attack which turned into a spinning execution strike that killed him instantly he spun and flew back into his coffin, wish i had something epic to say though... any ideas?
    • 7 posts
    November 16, 2011 4:09 PM EST

Going to High Hrothgar happens after fighting Mirmulnir. You need to do that fight to unlock the random dragon spawns. Your level determines the type of dragons you find. Early on it's just Dragons, then Blood Dragons and Elder Dragons. Those are the ones I've seen so far, may be others, though. I didn't do the main questline until about level 10. Up to that point not a single dragon. I did the Mirmulnir fight and then they started appearing everywhere. I literally eat two dragons before breakfast!

• 8 posts
    November 16, 2011 4:15 PM EST

"Take a seat!"

• 297 posts
    November 16, 2011 5:13 PM EST
    My favourite thing so-far was going to sovintgarde and speaking to all the nord champions simply epic and breathtaking visuals
    • 1 posts
    November 17, 2011 12:56 AM EST
    Mine occurred when I was traveling back to Whiterun after doing a mission for The Companions. So far, on this play through I've walked or used carriages everywhere, so I had a mountain to get around to get back. As we all know, the map can be a bit difficult to find paths on, but I thought there looked to be a way between two mountain peaks. Well, there was, there happened to be a place that looked like Bleak Falls Barrow. Problem was however, my follower and I had to fight off three Frost Trolls to take this so-called "shortcut" I had found. But fighting off those trolls and coming down into the Whiterun valley was my best moment as of right now.
    • 8 posts
    November 17, 2011 1:44 AM EST
    Running up to Fort Greenwall with my Imperial friends we drew our bows ready to strike down the rebels when the ground shook and a mighty dragon landed between us and the rebels. The ensuing battle was chaos with all involved firing arrows and swinging swords at man and mighty beast. One rebel managed to sneak up behind me when the dragon roasted him with his fiery breath. Finally we killed the rebels, took the fort and then took down the dragon. My heart was racing the whole time terrified for my life. Every time I looked up towards the beast stormcloak soldiers tried to hack me to pieces but as always the empire prevailed.
    • 1 posts
    November 17, 2011 8:57 AM EST
    Walking up to a conjurer fort and showing them the fury of my lightning bolts with extreme hatred. Then calming the last conjurer left and finishing him off with a point blank ice spike to the head. 
    • 17 posts
    November 17, 2011 10:27 AM EST

Killing my first blood dragon.  Near the crabers shack. She kept getting in my way and I had to, let's say, send her to the life hereafter.

• 1 posts
    November 17, 2011 10:52 AM EST

I think one of my favorite moments was Fus-Ro-Dah'ing a companion off of the High Hrothgar courtyard (saved first).  Definately worth doing.

• 6 posts
    November 19, 2011 11:01 AM EST

really you just had to spoil it?

• 7 posts
    November 19, 2011 7:43 PM EST
    The moment when you realize the Companions secret.
    • 4 posts
    November 20, 2011 8:38 AM EST

Just got the game yesterday, lvl 12 breton mage character. My highlight of gameplay so far was battling 3 dragons simultaneously in The College of Winterhold courtyard. Is this a staged event or a random encounter? But it was amazing. The 3 dragons dominated the central area while the other mages and I dashed around the surrounding walkways, using the pillars for cover and throwing everything we got at them! It was a very colourful and intense battle, it was beautiful. Courtyard is fulla bones now, but definitely worth it! There is only one thing that scares me... bears!

Three dragons you say? Ha, bring it on.... A bear? RUN!

• 10 posts
    November 20, 2011 8:43 AM EST
    When I went to the college of winterhold as part of the main quest I encountered 2 dragons and a pile of dragon bones in the ocean. The mages were already fighting when I got there, so maybe they killed the third, but it does seem strange we both encountered that. It was pretty awesome, and I am now rolling in septims. Between dragon bones/scales and robes/scrolls/enchanted items from the dead I won't need to go dungeon diving for cash anytime soon.
    • 7 posts
    November 21, 2011 2:33 PM EST

Spoil what? If you've ever played an Elder Scrolls game, you know how the Dark Brotherhood/Assassin's Guild questline ends. It has never changed in that regard, why would you expect it to change, now?

• 12 posts
    November 21, 2011 3:40 PM EST

When I shouted using a fully-powered "unrelenting force" and made three powerful enemies fly off a cliff.

• 1 posts
    November 21, 2011 4:34 PM EST

Being contacted by the Dark Brotherhood has got to be up there for me.  Nice and creepy.

• 12 posts
    November 21, 2011 6:29 PM EST

I also tried to resurrect a Dragon skeleton and it flew up into the air...