Forums » Elder Scrolls

There has been an Altmer Dragonborn? (according to wikia)

• July 22, 2015 10:47 PM EDT

I was looking around to see what race most dragonborns were and I found this and it surprised me.

Possible Dragonborn

So is anyone buying this or is it most likely hoopla? 

• July 22, 2015 10:54 PM EDT

a few possibililiteis 

1, Dragonborn and Akatosh have nothing to do with one another because that would imply that Akatosh made mankar a dragonborn to possibly  destroy existence. 

2. Akatosh made Mankar a Dragonborn so Akatosh could play the hero and maintain his position, using the oblivion crisis to make the Aldmeri Dominion and over throw Talos's rank as # 1 in Tamriel

3. Akatosh is suicidal and actually wants to die, but wimped out at the last second

4. Mankar wasn't Dragonborn, and the amulet doesn't have to have Dragonborn to operate. 

5. Bethesda can't be bothered to make a congruent timeline because they suck. 

• 404 posts
    July 22, 2015 10:54 PM EDT

it's a Theory.

• July 22, 2015 10:58 PM EDT

Well I know for a fact only people with the correct bloodline could equip the amulet period. So unless Mankar was the bastard son of one of Martins relatives he has something special in his blood. I remember being really annoyed I couldnt equip the damn amulet.

• July 22, 2015 11:00 PM EDT

"3. Akatosh is suicidal and actually wants to die"

Well he does have multiple personalities. Maybe his Elven aspect got loose and tried fucking over Mundus.

• July 22, 2015 11:02 PM EDT

The Septims aren't even descended from Talos. They're like his brother's kids. So unless Dragonborn is some recessive genetic trait that only occurs when both parents are carriers, and it just get's lucky, I doubt the Septims were Dragonborn in anything but name. 

• 179 posts
    July 22, 2015 11:05 PM EDT

I'm pretty sure that a lot of stuff that Mankar Camoran has been proven bullshit (e.g. Mundus being a plane of Oblivion), so I would take anything said in the Commentaries with a grain of salt. I don't know what to make of the Amulet of Kings thing though.

• July 22, 2015 11:11 PM EDT

Then we've got bigger problems. 

• July 22, 2015 11:12 PM EDT

Yeah, just ask Tom if you want a commentary on, well, the Commentaries. That Amulet of Kings part is perplexing though. Maybe being in Paradise somehow nullified the restriction. Like the Amulet is only like that on Nirn, or even just Tamriel.

I think Tom is better equipped to answer this than me.

• July 22, 2015 11:12 PM EDT

Yeah, I'm gonna need some sauce on that spicy meatball you just threw down on my plate. 

• July 22, 2015 11:13 PM EDT

Don't ask Tom. You'll just get circles as answers. Go find out yourself. 

• July 23, 2015 7:10 AM EDT

Personally mate I think it has been a huge lore oversight by Bethesda, which to be fair to them is most irregular. however if we look at Aedra and Daedra, Aedra created the mortal world, and are bound to the earth bones of the Dawn Era, Daedra cannot create but have the power to change, with that said the Mythic Dawn who are a Daedric cult led by Mankar Camoran whom you correctly call Altmer, hundreds of years old perhaps even from Mythic times i.e. the dawn era, hence the Mythic Dawn Cult, perhaps Mehrunes Dagon having the power to change, did exactly that to Camoran thus enabling him to wear the Amulet of Kings.

• 288 posts
    July 23, 2015 7:19 AM EDT

Maybe I'm the Dragonborn and I just don't know it yet, no?

• 295 posts
    July 23, 2015 9:11 AM EDT

6th possibility - He could wear it ONLY in HIS realm in his reality.  Does he ever equip it outside his realm? Perhaps the reason why he created Paradise in the first place? 

If he wore it in Nirn proper, then maybe we have a lore problem, but right now I'm not seeing it and I don't consider him Dragonborn. Perhaps in his mind and perhaps in his realm, which very much fits in with Altmer thinking, or at least the way the evil ones think, doesn't it?

Does he speak the language outside the realm as well. I'd ask this question. Speak fire could also be metaphorical. 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    July 23, 2015 12:36 PM EDT

As a Lore Host:

Elder Scrolls wikia is a piece of garbage. Please use the Unoffical Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP) or Imperial Library as your sources. They're better regulated, cited, and have an all around greater amount of information.

This is yet another discussion that belongs in the Lore Group, and a discussion that has been addressed before in the Lore Group. There is a reason it exists, and it is for these questions and discussions.

My answer:

Mankar Cameron is a moron being played by a Daedric Prince who is being played by another Daedric Prince. Literally everything he says is a complete f*cking lie that people seem enamored by.

To sum up; The Commentaries are false, Mankar is a moron, and Mehrunes is an idiot.

The Amulet of Kings is a soulstone that holds the power of every Dragonborn to wear it. This is the source of Mankar's power.

• July 23, 2015 8:12 PM EDT

"Mankar Camoran is a moron being played by a Daedric Prince who is being played by another Daedric Prince." 

Okay, so Camoran is being used as a convenient patsy by Mehrunes Dagon. Makes sense to me; I think that's pretty apparent just from a cursory run-through of Oblivion. But who's the "other Daedric prince" Mehrunes Dagon's being played by? Molag Bal? We already know from ESO that he's already tried to take over Tamriel once.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    July 23, 2015 10:11 PM EDT

Molag Bal is an idiot-child compared to the Dwemer, who are idiot-children compared to the most intelligent being in existence; the Mighty and Exalted Scryer of the Tides of Fate and Memory and Knowledge, our Lord Hermaeus Mora.

He who's Scribe in elder days was none other than Xarxes, whom penned into being his wife and lover Oghma, and who's great knowledge from Our Lord was inscribed therewithin the Oghma Infinium.

It is this knowledge that His Cephalopodal Highness, Hermaues Mora, spoke unto Mehrunes Dagon, the Leaping Idiot King, that inspired Dagon to write the Mysterium Xarxes.

Idiot Dagon then gave his false-prophecies to the Moronic Mankar Cameron to interpret and by which he wrote a book only the stupid could believe; The Commentaries On the Mysterium Xarxes, or the Mythic Dawn Commentaries.

tl:dr, Cameron's writings are based off the Mysterium Xarxes, which are oddly named since Xarxes is a known scribe and servant of both Hermaeus Mora and Auriel.

Hermaeus Mora has, with Skyrim, set a disturbing precedent of planting dangerous books and information into key points of history. Points of history he, unlike other Daedra, is intimately familiar with being the Daedric Lord of Fate. Which ties him intrinsically to Akatosh/Auriel, and why Xarxes serves/ed both.

Herma-Mora is playing a long game we can't foresee, first with the Oblivion Crisis and then his business with the Last Dragonborn. It's too fishy to be coincidence.

• 404 posts
    July 23, 2015 10:18 PM EDT

am I the only one reading this in a way that sounds like I am praising Cthulhu?