Forums » Elder Scrolls

What's the craziest build you can think of? (efficiency is optio

• July 22, 2015 1:13 PM EDT

After seeing someone defend Valdr's Lucky dagger it got me thinking, what other strange weapon, spell, shouts or mechanic have people tried to build a character around? Or would like to if they were ever bored enough.

Mine is:

The Kunoichi

It's a ninja that wears Dark Brotherhood armor, carries 100 iron daggers and uses telekinesis + quiet casting to throw them at people until they eventually die, then she picks them up and goes for the next guy.

So when you think crazy and unorthodox, whats the first thing that comes to your head?

• 1217 posts
    July 22, 2015 1:17 PM EDT

There are buckets of crazy builds here, though perhaps not quite that crazy. I don't of any that have successfully used telekinesis as a primary means of attack. I'd be entertained to see someone try, though.

• July 22, 2015 1:22 PM EDT

There should be a mod that enhances telekinesis but I'd be interested to see if it could be done with the vanilla game mechanics. That would be very very impressive... I wonder if enchantments proc when the weapon hits someone when thrown *runs to an enchanter*

• July 22, 2015 1:25 PM EDT

I gave an example for that reason -.-

• 72 posts
    July 22, 2015 1:53 PM EDT

The Dark Purveyor uses Telekinesis to throw small items at enemies.

• 485 posts
    July 22, 2015 2:02 PM EDT

Hm. Perhaps you aren't aware but only female ninjas are referred to as kunoichi.

• 485 posts
    July 22, 2015 2:04 PM EDT

I suppose Naeg wants us to discuss builds with very unconventional fighting styles. So something like Shin's Dark Purveyor that relies entirely on hurling random items and gems at enemies via telekinesis would be a good example of a build to share. 

• July 22, 2015 2:05 PM EDT

Ohhh that's awesome! Thanks xD I'll definitely try it out! I just with the author would've posted the difficulty he played in.

• July 22, 2015 2:08 PM EDT

I am, the first character that popped in my head was a female DB assassin, since my followers half of the time are females wearing DB armor.

• 485 posts
    July 22, 2015 2:10 PM EDT

Really what you're probably looking for are builds that rely heavily on glitches and/or seldom used spells and weapons. 

Taking that into consideration one could easily come up with a list of several dozen builds here that fit the crazy bill.c

• 1483 posts
    July 22, 2015 2:11 PM EDT

Shadowscale and Salamander - two unconventional Argonians 

• 485 posts
    July 22, 2015 2:12 PM EDT

Just though I'd point it out. The character is called a kunoichi, but later in the sentence you make reference to a he. 

• July 22, 2015 2:14 PM EDT

Well I actually wasn't looking for builds to play as, I just wanted to hear what random crazy builds were the first thing to pop into other people's heads. Like when psychiatrists use the Ink cards. 

• July 22, 2015 2:17 PM EDT

Oooh sorry about that, I guess I it's a habit. Most of my characters are males so I always refer to characters as he, how sexist of me! I'll fix it ^^

• 394 posts
    July 22, 2015 2:22 PM EDT

I'd like to see a build based on the Squonk: a little creature so incredibly ugly and shy that it hid in plain site and when captured dissolved into a puddle of its own tears.

Crazy enough for you? :)

• 12 posts
    July 22, 2015 2:41 PM EDT

I was thinking of making a "rabid werewolf" of sorts. While in human form he would rely on dual wield, poison runes, and stacked ebony mail/miraaks robes for aoe. Possibly even illusion/parlysis to make his enemies diseased themselves.

With some research though it wasn't as original as I thought. The fifth wall is very similar, and I'm not sure if I would want to create that slight variation. Mine would just be more of a mage.

• July 22, 2015 2:49 PM EDT

@Idesto Crazy enough! So crazy I have no idea what you're talking about xD However I think theres a mod that lets you play as a Riekling... or was it a playable child? They're both ugly so I get confused.

@Big I did something similar to that once, it was a KOS character though. He only wore ragged trousers and all his perks were in Alteration for mage armor. Then I'd turn into a Werewolf and kill everything I saw, including towns. When there were no bodies to eat I'd go back to a cave and hibernate for 24 hours. It was silly but pretty fun xD

• 179 posts
    July 22, 2015 2:53 PM EDT

ShinJin plays most, if not all, of his builds on Adept, to the best of my knowledge.

• 1483 posts
    July 22, 2015 2:56 PM EDT

One idea I had was a stealthy werewolf. I detailed it here: Link

• 9 posts
    July 22, 2015 4:21 PM EDT

I'd have to say the cabbage farmer mainly for their idea behind it

• 134 posts
    July 22, 2015 4:26 PM EDT

A battlemage who wears no armor and uses no alteration. Their only form of offense is a fork and the Arniel's Convection spell, and the battle strategy is to build a three-thick wall of cheese wheels to fill a corridor and stick a rune behind it, then make some noise to attract the enemy. Novice difficulty advised.

I have no idea how that would turn out but I want to try that now. 

• July 22, 2015 5:18 PM EDT

hahahah that does sound like fun xD  I think I saw a video on youtube about a build that relied only on runes. But he also cast the three elemental wall spells on top of the rune. I don't know if it was just for the extra 150 dmg or not since I honestly never see the staffs doing that much damage when I use them.

• 457 posts
    July 22, 2015 6:01 PM EDT

The Cabbage Farmer is pretty out there (it was really out there when it still had all the nude cabbage-fetish screenshots), but what can you expect from a builder by the name of Zenkai Butt Sandwich? xD

Only 2 more likes, BTW, until it goes legendary ;D

• 457 posts
    July 22, 2015 6:14 PM EDT

Yup! When Bethesda makes a combat AI worthy of the title 'Legendary', I'll play it... but for now I play on Adept and gimp characters to make the game challenging in interesting ways xD

• 12 posts
    July 22, 2015 8:00 PM EDT

I am somewhat surprised that I haven't seen this before, and even more surprised that it looks like a decent enough build. I was expecting less work and bad grammar.

It is now legendary!

(Creepy back story aside... the build sounds like a nice change of pace, as I rarely rely on shouts.)